Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

5th gen on crack vs 750

Search this Thread

Old 08-15-2012, 01:25 AM
Staging Lane

Received 19 Likes on 11 Posts

Default 5th gen on crack vs 750

Today my belt decided NOT to slip. 8psi.

Raced a modded 750 with a drag racer. Guy is a PRO driver. Known down here as if not the best, one of the best, superbike drivers. Saw him at the bar he asked for a couple fun runs. No passengers so no vids. From what I know it has full exhaust, comando tune or some **** like that and differential. 750.

From 0 I completely ate him, I mean like 2 buses at once. He was wheelie like crazy and couldn't catch up before 120mph.

From a 30mph roll he would jump out 2 cars and I would reel him in at once and at 120 I would be side by side and pass him standing still.

From a 40-50 roll we would go side by side until top of 3rd where I would open up and totally leave him... I mean like a car in my 3-4 shift, and pulling.

Fast bike REALLY fast but he had no idea what slicks, suspension and some 8psi luck would do for a 5th gen.

I'm ******* ecstatic with how my car performed against this 750.
Old 08-15-2012, 01:37 AM
doesn't know what quit means

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 2SSARME
Today my belt decided NOT to slip. 8psi.

Raced a modded 750 with a drag racer. Guy is a PRO driver. Known down here as if not the best, one of the best, superbike drivers. Saw him at the bar he asked for a couple fun runs. No passengers so no vids. From what I know it has full exhaust, comando tune or some **** like that and differential. 750.

From 0 I completely ate him, I mean like 2 buses at once. He was wheelie like crazy and couldn't catch up before 120mph.

From a 30mph roll he would jump out 2 cars and I would reel him in at once and at 120 I would be side by side and pass him standing still.

From a 40-50 roll we would go side by side until top of 3rd where I would open up and totally leave him... I mean like a car in my 3-4 shift, and pulling.

Fast bike REALLY fast but he had no idea what slicks, suspension and some 8psi luck would do for a 5th gen.

I'm ******* ecstatic with how my car performed against this 750.
Seems like he didnt knpw how to dive since he was "wheelie like crazy" o btw if there is no video it didnt happen. Since i beat a boss the other day from a 50 roll honked it off and everything but didnt post since i didnt have video
Old 08-15-2012, 01:40 AM
Staging Lane

I love you.

He knows how to drive. He explained to me his short clutch bla bla bla I don't know **** about bikes but he said from 0 he had lots of trouble because of wheelie. He really is a good driver. before suspension and slicks he would eat mea live about 5 cars from 0, now its completely opposite.

I'm psyched man. Looks like my overweight pig is an easy mid 10 car when a track opens up.
Old 08-15-2012, 02:02 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

U raced a squid.. If he's a "pro" he wouldn't wheelie a 750 in a drag race.. Sorry to burst ur bubble
Old 08-15-2012, 02:20 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by punishmentcycle
U raced a squid.. If he's a "pro" he wouldn't wheelie a 750 in a drag race.. Sorry to burst ur bubble

It's not that hard to stop a wheelie on a 750. Really not at all.
Old 08-15-2012, 02:31 AM
doesn't know what quit means

Thank you
Old 08-15-2012, 02:34 AM
TECH Apprentice

Old 08-15-2012, 08:39 AM
Daz
TECH Apprentice

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by bamaballa205
Scootover !
Old 08-15-2012, 08:41 AM
10 Second Club

Received 152 Likes on 104 Posts

maybe if you hold it past redline you'll be able to take on ohio.
Old 08-15-2012, 09:49 AM
Staging Lane

My bubble ain't burst at all. I'm out launching bikes, gtrs (with no launch control), just about anything. I'm thrilled! Pro or not on the roll races he had 0 wheelie and I would eat it alive!
Old 08-15-2012, 10:07 AM
12 Second Club

Thats pretty sick, I wish I had slicks. How are you outrunning him with 112rwhp?

Post videos of your launch, I have yet to see a 5th gen launch hard on the street...not saying you can't, I just wanna see it!
Old 08-15-2012, 11:03 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

My bubble ain't burst at all. I'm out launching bikes, gtrs (with no launch control), just about anything. I'm thrilled! Pro or not on the roll races he had 0 wheelie and I would eat it alive!
im not saying your car isnt fast..ill bet that thing flys! but it just wont happen if you get a competent rider that knows how to race.. dig youll jump out..but once that bike gets going itll come around you..(if hes not on the limiter smh) roll race that bike should be in first..if its not then the rider clearly has no idea what hes doing. good kill regaurdless but find a better rider
Old 08-15-2012, 11:40 AM
Staging Lane

im not saying your car isnt fast..ill bet that thing flys! but it just wont happen if you get a competent rider that knows how to race.. dig youll jump out..but once that bike gets going itll come around you..(if hes not on the limiter smh) roll race that bike should be in first..if its not then the rider clearly has no idea what hes doing. good kill regaurdless but find a better rider
Like I said I really know nothing about bikes. The guy is a buddy of mine and is known to really know how to dominate bikes. He has like 6-7 750s. This one is one of his mild ones. He has a 240hp one somewhere.

He asked to race because on street tires he use to decimate me. Now he would jump out and I would gradually walk past him. Maybe my car is making more power than it was before? I had it retuned aggressively and I am planting ALL my power on the street. I'm going to try to get a run in with that turbo S PDK to see how my launch really is. The bike is an easy 10 second bike and I have seen him actually take it 10.6 down here back when the track was open.

Like I said I'm just happy to hang with bikes! no cars except race cars will race me so I gotta go after bikes now!
Old 08-15-2012, 11:41 AM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by loudblack97z71
Thats pretty sick, I wish I had slicks. How are you outrunning him with 112rwhp?

Post videos of your launch, I have yet to see a 5th gen launch hard on the street...not saying you can't, I just wanna see it!
Next time out I'll get someone to video it. I have a video somewhere of a car behind watching me launch. You can see the smoke from tires, the rubber and how the slicks really grab the asphalt. Going to try to find it.
Old 08-15-2012, 01:27 PM
On The Tree

Correct, My friend "Jamie Mullholland" AKA "Hotrod" IS a Pro rider and is Known all over the country, he is an EXPERT, "Rider" BTW, and he can hold stock lenght Busa's with pipes and tune down, so NO way this Pro rider could not hold a 750, Even if it was Built!

However Sounds like you have a ACCUAL FAST 5th gen, I heard of fast one but have Seen NONE! a few vids from the track but none on the street, One i have seen, a silver 5th gen in TX with ALOT of power keeps getting bus lenghts by EVERYTHING. Glad yours screams.
Old 08-15-2012, 01:48 PM
10 Second Club

The bike is an easy 10 second bike and I have seen him actually take it 10.6 down here back when the track was open.

Like I said I'm just happy to hang with bikes! no cars except race cars will race me so I gotta go after bikes now!
My bike (a 2005) is magazine rated 10.6-10.7 (depending on mag) @ 132 with a lightweight, pro rider.

I assume by "differential" you mean sprockets, which might be the cause of the wheelie issues.

If he's running 10.6 with exhaust, power commander (lol @ commando) and sprockets in mediocre 3rd world DA he's pretty good.

Wish you had this one on video.
Old 08-15-2012, 01:56 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Beans
My bike (a 2005) is magazine rated 10.6-10.7 (depending on mag) @ 132 with a lightweight, pro rider.

I assume by "differential" you mean sprockets, which might be the cause of the wheelie issues.

If he's running 10.6 with exhaust, power commander (lol @ commando) and sprockets in mediocre 3rd world DA he's pretty good.

ill never understand why bike ratings are absolute pro riden everything you can get out of them tested....when cars are driven like such sallys down the track to get there rating.
Old 08-15-2012, 01:56 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by Beans

Me too! Had no passenger though to vid it. From 0 it really was no race. Car just launches too hard and streets here SUCK, so unless you have hot sticky tires (like me) you won't launch ****!

From a roll he would always jump out but soon power would overcome him and car would pull away. Best run he got the hit and I ran him down. By mid 3rd I was pulling by him pulling far hard. Wish we had more road here to do some high runs.... (ie up to 150-160).
Old 08-15-2012, 04:56 PM
10 Second Club

good kill man
Old 08-15-2012, 08:15 PM
Staging Lane

Will you bike guys chime in real quick.

Is a 750 with 12k miles for 7-8k a good deal? (remember we have taxes down here so add 33% to what it would cost in the US).

Bone stock.

Also how much do full bolt ons and gearing usually run? I'm really debating getting a 750 and putting bolt ons and crap on it. Sooner or later probably dump a 30 shot.