Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

camaro, evo8, sti, eg hatch, 2010 SS, 2jz, mk3

Search this Thread

Old 08-29-2012, 03:48 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default camaro, evo8, sti, eg hatch, 2010 SS, 2jz, mk3

A few runs from the past few weeks! Mexico is a far drive but it's well worth it!

Camera car = bolton/100 shot z28
evo = e85/boltons/evo9 turbo
sti = 91/meth/272's/20g/built motor
2010 SS = cam'd/boltons/tune 48xrwhp
eg hatch = SOHC/61mm/e85/built motor 318fwhp ran 11.5 @ 119 last weekend
mk3 supra = 2jzgte/71mm/cams

z28 vs evo vs sti
http://youtu.be/beM07_a4cW4

evo vs sti
http://youtu.be/g_ee9McCAPU

z28 vs eg hatch
http://youtu.be/Xn3l6UMfvmY

hatch took the hit
http://youtu.be/XgbiR9jl5R0

z28 vs 2010 ss vs mk3 supra
http://youtu.be/iKUt3e-s6TQ
http://youtu.be/tpYwjq3tIY8
Old 08-29-2012, 03:52 PM
Banned

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Nice kills! Very impressed by your car. Its funny how people laughed at me when i said all it takes to get a civic into the low 120s is low 3's. Very strong running Z! If you were heads and cam you'd handle these cars the same on motor.

I ran my buddies stock motor sohc on E85 i pulled it pretty bad when i was SLP lid only.

Edit: LOL that cam only 5th gen is a turd.
Old 08-29-2012, 03:53 PM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Nice runs
Old 08-29-2012, 03:56 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by adamantium
Nice kills! Very impressed by your car. Its funny how people laughed at me when i said all it takes to get a civic into the low 120s is low 3's. Very strong running Z! If you were heads and cam you'd handle these cars the same on motor.

I ran my buddies stock motor sohc on E85 i pulled it pretty bad when i was SLP lid only.

Edit: LOL that cam only 5th gen is a turd.
Thanks man! Yea the civic is a beast!
Old 08-29-2012, 05:00 PM
Staging Lane

Received 19 Likes on 16 Posts

My roomates TA that made 338whp beat a 310whp EG hatch the other night by a car. His TA doesn't trap 120....at all.
Old 08-29-2012, 07:10 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by V8EATR
My roomates TA that made 338whp beat a 310whp EG hatch the other night by a car. His TA doesn't trap 120....at all.

A car 1k+ lbs less with 20whp less is not going to lose to that TA. Seems legit.

Probably the typical turd honda owner throwing numbers out of his *** without even being tuned or knowing wtf is going on.

Refer to video.
Old 08-29-2012, 08:22 PM
TECH Enthusiast

V8eatr, I don't doubt you man, I've ran a lot of 300+ whp hatches and they just can't keep up, but this one is jus runs Damn good! He made those numbers in the extreme heat, the night we ran it was a lot cooler and he added 2psi. He is also fully gutted. It's a badass hatch.
Old 08-30-2012, 12:06 AM
Staging Lane

so it was making more power than was stated in the video, makes sense. And its gutted, that makes more sense. There are a couple full weight 300 dynojet whp civics around here and they are decent cars but nowhere near a car like mine or yours. Now there are some 450-550whp ones too and they are ******* missiles lol.
Old 08-30-2012, 07:16 AM
TECH Apprentice

Good runs... what the hell is wrong with the STi's peeps post on here...lol.
Old 08-30-2012, 08:47 AM
Teching In

so it was making more power than was stated in the video, makes sense. And its gutted, that makes more sense. There are a couple full weight 300 dynojet whp civics around here and they are decent cars but nowhere near a car like mine or yours. Now there are some 450-550whp ones too and they are ******* missiles lol.
Really depends on the chasis. The problem is most of them are built shitty so they run shitty.
Old 08-30-2012, 09:18 AM
Staging Lane

The local Honda tuner here is pretty legit. It's hard to mess up 300whp on a stock engine with a bolt on turbo kit.
Old 08-30-2012, 12:40 PM
Banned

The local Honda tuner here is pretty legit. It's hard to mess up 300whp on a stock engine with a bolt on turbo kit.
What shop does he work at?

Not going to turn this into a **** war like it usually is but my friends 340whp accord with a 200lb passanger (me) was door to door with a 470whp-low5xxwhp procharged 5thgen SS. Take it how you want. We embaressed a bolt on stalled auto z28 while spinning past him, we put maybe 4-5cars in 2 gears and let out, i highly doubt a lighter civic with around the same power would have trouble with a bolt on TA. Just sayin.

Oh also gutting a civic, really drops maybe 30lbs. Cutting it up, plexi glass, and fuel cell are things that drop weight, the plastics in a civic are ridiculously light. Been there done that.

Last edited by adamantium; 08-30-2012 at 12:46 PM.
Old 08-30-2012, 01:56 PM
Staging Lane

What shop does he work at?

Not going to turn this into a **** war like it usually is but my friends 340whp accord with a 200lb passanger (me) was door to door with a 470whp-low5xxwhp procharged 5thgen SS. Take it how you want. We embaressed a bolt on stalled auto z28 while spinning past him, we put maybe 4-5cars in 2 gears and let out, i highly doubt a lighter civic with around the same power would have trouble with a bolt on TA. Just sayin.

Oh also gutting a civic, really drops maybe 30lbs. Cutting it up, plexi glass, and fuel cell are things that drop weight, the plastics in a civic are ridiculously light. Been there done that.
He used to have his own shop but he works for a place called Performance engine and machine. They have a dyno there and he does a lot of side work/tuning there.

When I was 393whp I beat a 440whp 5th gen ss by about 3 cars so beating one that made 470whp doesn't really impress/surprise me. Those cars run like ****. Also a procharged one like that will run even worse than an NA one. Sounds like a bolt on kit with a canned tune as 470 is easily attainable without even headwork. So that 470whp is peak, while it making much less than that at say 4k rpms.
Old 08-30-2012, 02:42 PM
Banned

He used to have his own shop but he works for a place called Performance engine and machine. They have a dyno there and he does a lot of side work/tuning there.

When I was 393whp I beat a 440whp 5th gen ss by about 3 cars so beating one that made 470whp doesn't really impress/surprise me. Those cars run like ****. Also a procharged one like that will run even worse than an NA one. Sounds like a bolt on kit with a canned tune as 470 is easily attainable without even headwork. So that 470whp is peak, while it making much less than that at say 4k rpms.
That specific 5thgen was all built and tuned by a local shop called GM express, not a shop id personally go to but they have pulled power out of LSx cars.

On that same tune he ran a GTO which was bolt on and tune on pump and we pulled it pretty good from a 40 roll. With a passanger in the accord and no passanger int he GTO. When the accord is back and running ill get a **** load of vids the guy is always down to run, its making 380 now though and the powerband is completely different.

GM cars here are hit or miss to be honest. Theres a H/C TA locally that pulled maybe a car-2 cars on a 350z on a 75 shot the owner claims. So who ******* knows.

Edit:

heres an example of 2 local F-bodys (z28s) that run how they should vs the normal run of the mill F-body (T/A) build from down here. Runs like ****. Camross998 or whatever is the TA owner look at his mods lol.

Old 08-30-2012, 02:53 PM
12 Second Club

A car 1k+ lbs less with 20whp less is not going to lose to that TA. Seems legit.

Probably the typical turd honda owner throwing numbers out of his *** without even being tuned or knowing wtf is going on.

Refer to video.
You're probably right. Everything on the street goes just as it looks on paper.

Refer to my old video of a 719whp, gutted to **** Civic getting his **** ******* drug by my friend's 458rwhp Camaro, from a 60 roll no less. On low boost earlier that day, he made just shy of 600, turned it up for the race.

Some cars DO make the number and still lose. Maybe the story that guy told was from a dig. Or maybe it was from a good low roll instead of stupid high ****. (my personal belief, if you must do a roll, it should be starting from an illegal highway speed, so 40 or less. And anything 60+ should be saved for cars well into the 140s if not 150s.)

Point -----> anything can happen on the street. Said 300whp Honda could lose because he's racing with an inferior platform to the 338rwhp trans am, and couldn't make the total package work. Don't get too caught up in dyno numbers, hondanuthuggerdude.
Old 08-30-2012, 03:12 PM
9 Second Club

Received 45 Likes on 30 Posts

Refer to video.
It was my TA, and I seen the sheet for his dyno numbers. I also raced a b16 that made 3xx and pulled it from a 40 roll.

See video.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=CjkxLUWBcGE&feature=player_embedded
Old 08-30-2012, 04:10 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by WisT02ws6
It was my TA, and I seen the sheet for his dyno numbers. I also raced a b16 that made 3xx and pulled it from a 40 roll.

See video.
It's been edited, don't lie. There's no way that peak #s and weight lie, there is nothing more to a race than that. Liar.
Old 08-30-2012, 05:25 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by WSsick
You're probably right. Everything on the street goes just as it looks on paper.

Refer to my old video of a 719whp, gutted to **** Civic getting his **** ******* drug by my friend's 458rwhp Camaro, from a 60 roll no less. On low boost earlier that day, he made just shy of 600, turned it up for the race.

Some cars DO make the number and still lose. Maybe the story that guy told was from a dig. Or maybe it was from a good low roll instead of stupid high ****. (my personal belief, if you must do a roll, it should be starting from an illegal highway speed, so 40 or less. And anything 60+ should be saved for cars well into the 140s if not 150s.)

Point -----> anything can happen on the street. Said 300whp Honda could lose because he's racing with an inferior platform to the 338rwhp trans am, and couldn't make the total package work. Don't get too caught up in dyno numbers, hondanuthuggerdude.
This thread too? My comments clearly struck a nerve

Originally Posted by WisT02ws6

See video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CjkxL...layer_embedded
Nice

Originally Posted by WSsick
It's been edited, don't lie. There's no way that peak #s and weight lie, there is nothing more to a race than that. Liar.
90% of the races ive been in the car that has ran my friends civics have needed atleast 80hp over the civic just so its a good run.

Heres a list of cars my friends stock b16 on 12psi has beat just off the top of my head.

GT500 heat exhanger pulley exhaust intake and tune
new 5.0 (beat it with a broken ringland and running on 3cyl)
Ferrari 360 Modena Spider
ISF
Several bolt on C6's (not a z06)
Pulley exhaust intake tune Termi
H/C/I Turbo 302 foxbody
A bunch more **** i can't remember.

Again civic that made 316whp.

If you want me to post a video of what my friends 6xxwhp civic does to cars and bikes feel free to let me know ill share. Id LOVE to see a 4xxwhp f-body even stay in the same zip code as that car.
Old 08-30-2012, 06:19 PM
12 Second Club

This thread too? My comments clearly struck a nerve
Don't flatter yourself, I'm just showing that you're not as smart as you claim to be. I can't remember the last time someone on a forum, especially this forum , "stuck a nerve." Been around these parts a lot longer than you guy, you don't know about how I post. I don't post at all like I used though...

90% of the races ive been in the car that has ran my friends civics have needed atleast 80hp over the civic just so its a good run.
And that must be the case in every other race right? Because races always turn out the same way everywhere?

Heres a list of cars my friends stock b16 on 12psi has beat just off the top of my head.

GT500 heat exhanger pulley exhaust intake and tune
new 5.0 (beat it with a broken ringland and running on 3cyl)
Ferrari 360 Modena Spider
ISF
Several bolt on C6's (not a z06)
Pulley exhaust intake tune Termi
H/C/I Turbo 302 foxbody
A bunch more **** i can't remember.

Again civic that made 316whp.
Were any digs? If so, list isn't really surprising. It's probably a poorly setup car that only shines from high rolls.

If you want me to post a video of what my friends 6xxwhp civic does to cars and bikes feel free to let me know ill share. Id LOVE to see a 4xxwhp f-body even stay in the same zip code as that car.
I'd love to see it work from a dig. I couldn't care less how it works from a roll really. Let me guess, majority of said videos are 40-60+ rolls. I know a few 4xx F-bodies that would run away from said Civic from a dig, which takes into account much more than a roll. Total package of the car + driver, that's a good race.

Really, we didn't need to get into all this. You just fail to realize that peak HP numbers and weight aren't all that goes into a race, even a roll.
Old 08-30-2012, 06:36 PM
Staging Lane

Adamantium, we just posted videos of a 338whp trans am beating a 300whp civic. Where are your videos of you friends 316whp civic pulling a 500+whp GT500? And a sweet turbo fox body that must have been

Quick Reply: camaro, evo8, sti, eg hatch, 2010 SS, 2jz, mk3