Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

Me vs 04 Cobra well until this happened

Search this Thread

Old 09-30-2012, 03:01 AM
TECH Addict

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Default Me vs 04 Cobra well until this happened

So were hanging out at our local street car hangout after a big turnout at a local track day & we heard this guy was looking for a race. Guy rolls up in an 04 Cobra. Looks all stock, street tires. I always wanted to see how my car would do against one, 00 SS mods in sig. So we head out to a good spot to run, everything looks ok no traffic no one around. Another one of our buds follow along in another vehicle & is gonna flag the race. So we get lined up flagman says do a burnout & go when I waive my arms down. Well the Cobra started the burnout & I was gonna do one, right then I noticed my radar detector was going off with a real strong signal. I looked in my rear view mirror & saw some headlights in the background, knew it had to be the cops so I just slowly rolled away. Sure enough after we got down the road he pulled up behind the Cobra & flipped the lights on him. Damn that was close. Anyway after we got halfway home our buddies that were gonna flag the race called us back & said they let the guy go, told him his car wasnt fast & dont come back LOL!
Old 09-30-2012, 04:05 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Cool story!
Old 09-30-2012, 08:20 AM
10 Second Club

Received 412 Likes on 330 Posts

lol....good instinct!
Old 09-30-2012, 08:41 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 15 Likes on 15 Posts

Yep, when in doubt I do the same thing...always lol
Old 09-30-2012, 08:52 AM
10 Second Club

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

This exact thing has happend to me more than once. Wich is why I love my radar detector. It has saved me so many times. Def worth the money to have a good one!
Old 09-30-2012, 01:55 PM
10 Second Club

this story is way better than heaters dad fail...lol
Old 09-30-2012, 02:43 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by 1_MEANZ28
this story is way better than heaters dad fail...lol

Wow, it must of really bothered you if you're mentioning it in someone else's thread. Don't worry, you're not alone. Looks like more than a few don't understand what a parody is, even when it's spelled out for them.
Old 09-30-2012, 03:27 PM
11 Second Club

That's pretty damn lucky!

I lol'd at what the cops said too.
Old 09-30-2012, 07:49 PM
TECH Addict

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by LS1rob00
That's pretty damn lucky!

I lol'd at what the cops said too.
I just happened to look up at the right time to see the radar detector pegged, for some reason it was silent. Its what made me notice the headlights back a ways had to be a cop. I am sure he was hoping to catch us racing but he wouldve if he had his radar turned off. Worth every penny though. Had the e-way been cleared we wouldve got the race off, the spot we went to is a well known racing spot off the e-way. The guy in the Cobra was from out of town & phoned the flagman so its possible we can set this race up if the guy isnt scared shitless from getting pulled over. He probably thought we baited him right into a trap. I wont know for a few days because I left my phone on the roof of the car that night & gotta get a new one. The cops have no clue what those Cobras are capable of, if it doesnt have slicks & ridiculously loud its just a mustang to them. His car looks totally stock & the owner claims it is but it sounded real good doing the burnout. I think it wouldve been a good race.
Old 09-30-2012, 08:01 PM
Staging Lane

Same thing I was thinking. Calling a cobra slow? What were they in? A charger or crown vic ? Lol.

Quick Reply: Me vs 04 Cobra well until this happened