Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

turbo 5.3 3rd gen TA vs Boss 302 stang **VIDS**

Old 10-14-2012, 09:44 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default turbo 5.3 3rd gen TA vs Boss 302 stang **VIDS**

Met up with evangto87 today and got a few runs in with his Boss 302. Great looking car in person, and it moves out very well for the minimal mods. Did a few runs but I will post the two cleanest since I fought for traction most f the time lol. Unfortunately, I may have injured my motor but I'll find out soon enough when I do a compression test. Oh, the joys of a new setup...

Anyways, heres the cars and runs.

40 roll from 2nd gear, fighting for traction

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=acT0ofNQeq4

60 roll from 3rd gear hooking!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ELcttgUaH5w

Last edited by NightmareTA; 10-14-2012 at 10:14 PM.
Old 10-14-2012, 09:47 PM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Saw it on youtube when you put em up. Your losing massive traction lower then 70mph it seems. LOL

Good runs though. Both cars are pimp IMO
Old 10-14-2012, 09:48 PM
Teching In

Awesome runs guys. T/A seems to move out well! Nice job on it.

Wait, roll racing? OMG
Old 10-14-2012, 09:52 PM
TECH Apprentice

Thanks guys! I should add that the boss let out every run at the top of 4th which was 125 mph, due to a bad 5th gear.
Old 10-14-2012, 09:55 PM
TECH Fanatic

one of the most amazing looking cars i have ever seen. And it flies on top of it. I knew something wasnt right in the last race when we were side by side. Hope it gets sorted out the best cheapest way possible. I was happy to hang while i did lol. That cars up there with the big boy 130+ trap cars. Just need to sort out the traction part haha. But you put a quick 2 cars on me in a short amount of time. F*ckin badass car

p.s. hearing my shifts in this video makes me want to vomit... Stupid chinese transmissions. I hate being affraid to hit gears hard... oh well in time.
Old 10-14-2012, 10:01 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by evangto87
one of the most amazing looking cars i have ever seen. And it flies on top of it. I knew something wasnt right in the last race when we were side by side. Hope it gets sorted out the best cheapest way possible. I was happy to hang while i did lol. That cars up there with the big boy 130+ trap cars. Just need to sort out the traction part haha

p.s. hearing my shifts in this video makes me want to vomit... Stupid chinese transmissions. I hate being affraid to hit gears hard... oh well in time.
Thanks man! The engine is cheap to replace, but I'm more upset about the work involved to put a new one in haha. Def don't feel like doing that after I just got it on the road not long ago. **** happens though. I have a taste of boost now and I'm not quitting just yet!

Hopefully next season I can show a few C6 Z's some 3rd gen TA tail lights lol.
Old 10-14-2012, 10:01 PM
10 Second Club

Received 412 Likes on 330 Posts

Evan...that hat sucks...lmao
Old 10-14-2012, 10:03 PM
Launching!

nice runs
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by HioSSilver
Evan...that hat sucks...lmao
haha i know it does... but i should be resting in bed... all the warmth i can get i need lol
Teching In

What happened to the motor, Nightmare?
Old 10-14-2012, 10:04 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by NightmareTA
Thanks man! The engine is cheap to replace, but I'm more upset about the work involved to put a new one in haha. Def don't feel like doing that after I just got it on the road not long ago. **** happens though. I have a taste of boost now and I'm not quitting just yet!

Hopefully next season I can show a few C6 Z's some 3rd gen TA tail lights lol.
i have no doubt it will. It kicked my *** in parapelegic mode. I cant wait to see how it runs when its dialed in and can hook through all gears. Theres no amount of bolt ons i can do to run with that thing. Ill need a power adder for sure.
Old 10-14-2012, 10:05 PM
10 Second Club

nice day time runs.fast cars!
Old 10-14-2012, 10:08 PM
TECH Fanatic

and as much as i want to do a bunch to this car... part of me kinda just wants to put drag radials on the stock wheels, put a driveshaft in it, and fix the trans... and just **** people off with a near stock car. I love knowing theres more in it just from shifts and more traction.
Old 10-14-2012, 10:09 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by Turbo2vGT
What happened to the motor, Nightmare?
I think I lost a ring land. Still not 100% sure what happened because with the engine setup and compression, I should have been at a safe boost and AFR level. At this point in time I think I may have had some kind of electrical interference from somewhere that causes pre ignition, but I'm going to start tearing into it soon. Really sucks since it's been off the road for 4 years until just recently. I'm no turbo pro yet though and the turbo scene really isn't too popular, at least in my general group of friends, so I've kind of been learning as I go. Guess thats what you get for trying to be different lol.
Old 10-14-2012, 10:11 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by evangto87
and as much as i want to do a bunch to this car... part of me kinda just wants to put drag radials on the stock wheels, put a driveshaft in it, and fix the trans... and just **** people off with a near stock car. I love knowing theres more in it just from shifts and more traction.
Thats what my brother has been doing in the GTO haha. It is pretty fun to go around and make people scratch thier heads when you have a well driven car that performs so much better than the norm.
Old 10-14-2012, 10:13 PM
TECH Fanatic

most peoples definition of building a car is taking an already quick car and making it quicker with mods. You literally BUILT a car. Its gonna have its bugs and quirks to work out. Biggest part is you just stay patient. And even if you did hurt it... its not a big dollar motor so no big deal
Old 10-14-2012, 10:14 PM
TECH Fanatic

Thats what my brother has been doing in the GTO haha. It is pretty fun to go around and make people scratch thier heads when you have a well driven car that performs so much better than the norm.
lol thats why i love watching youtube bosses trap 109... and apparently get walked by lid/catback fbodys hahaha
Old 10-14-2012, 10:16 PM
Teching In

I think I lost a ring land. Still not 100% sure what happened because with the engine setup and compression, I should have been at a safe boost and AFR level. At this point in time I think I may have had some kind of electrical interference from somewhere that causes pre ignition, but I'm going to start tearing into it soon. Really sucks since it's been off the road for 4 years until just recently. I'm no turbo pro yet though and the turbo scene really isn't too popular, at least in my general group of friends, so I've kind of been learning as I go. Guess thats what you get for trying to be different lol.
Damn man, thats sucks. Sorry to hear. Hope you get it back on the road asap! Turbo boost is addicting
Old 10-14-2012, 10:53 PM
TECH Fanatic

Sucks to hear about the motor. You've spent so much time with it down, so I imagine you're a bit upset
Old 10-14-2012, 11:07 PM

Awesome races, both cars look great!

NightmareTA, at least it's the end of the season. Gotta take comfort where you can I guess

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: turbo 5.3 3rd gen TA vs Boss 302 stang **VIDS**