Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

02 z28 vs evo X

Search this Thread

Old 11-19-2012, 03:15 AM
Launching!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default 02 z28 vs evo X

after leaving on the border friday night i saw a clean white evo X, we are on the service road and i give it a lil when im going beside him and see if he wanted to play and sure enough changed lanes and followed. He wanted a 15 roll so we hit it off and i jump out an instant car and by the top of 3rd he is 1 car or 1.5 car in front. I was just thinkin damn! I love evo's and sti's and know their potential just never ran into a strong one yet. we pull up to the light and i tell him nice car and he just stares at me doesnt say anything, douche. so i asked for a 45 roll and he said sure we turn around to get on the service road and got stopped by a light and i complimented his car again and still nothing in return, i ask him his mods and he just says intake and exhuast. I started laughin a bit and said bull **** man ive raced plenty of evos with more mods and yours is defintely the strongest and all he said was well its an evo. WTF why are peopple such douche bags. So we get turned around and i honk it off we hit and i jumped out a fender and stuck i hit 3rd and even till i get into my rpm's hit 4th and was able to get his front end at the back of my door and i was bout to click into 5th but he backed out. We get to the next light and i go under the bridge and do the u turn and he stopped at light so i rolled window down and gave him a thumbs up and yelled good runs and he had windown down and hand up by his face wasnt even looking lol. I also had a passenger with me, he didnt. glad i was able to get around him the 2nd time since he was gettin kind of cocky.
Old 11-19-2012, 03:24 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Good kill... One wanted to run me the other night but I didn't get the call until I already had a few in me so I declined.
Old 11-19-2012, 04:34 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

what a douchebag...(the evo guy obviously)

he backed out after you went into 5th because he knows he'll lose a lot of ground at those speeds.

i had an Evo IX and X before, with bolt-ons/stock turbo/pump gas once you shift into 5th (around 110mph) it's game over. it's pretty quick under 100mph.
Old 11-19-2012, 11:45 AM
TECH Addict

Received 38 Likes on 25 Posts

Good runs...he was acting cocky and way too confident.
Old 11-19-2012, 11:45 AM
Launching!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i dont blame ya for not running after u had a few. luckily i can drink in public cuz im not old enough. defintely cracked a few once i got home though. It was a fast evo for sure im thinkin from the 15 he had it in 2nd and brake boosted and ran out 2nd on me and i lost ground on my shift to 2nd. either way it was fun

Quick Reply: 02 z28 vs evo X