Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

99 Z28 vs 04 GTO

Search this Thread

Old 11-30-2012, 11:46 PM
Launching!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Default 99 Z28 vs 04 GTO

This actually happened a few months ago, but I've been busy. And the little time I have spent on here was catching up on the SRK drama. Anyway.... Cruising down the highway on my way home for the weekend and I saw a black GTO catching up to me fairly quickly. The light ahead turned red and I was thinking "Perfect". I eased into the right lane to possibly chat with the guy and compliment his car. I rolled down my window and he didn't. So I'm thinking, "Ooooooookay". The light turned green and I rolled out from the light. Well, after he got about two cars ahead I saw the rear end squat. I wasn't going to have that so I took off after him. I caught him around 100 and let off to give him a thumbs up. Again, no response. So around the next corner there was another red light. I slowed down and noticed it had an 05-06 front end, but as he coasted past me at the light it had an 04 rear bumper and exhaust on it. It seemed to be a catback only LS1 car so I decided it give it a shot. As we rolled up to the light he rolled his window down. He had his wife with him. I asked if he wanted to race for real this time and if he wanted a roll or dig. He said a dig because he wanted to figure out how to launch better. Light turned green and we took off, both spinning a little at first. He scratched 2nd and 3rd. Right around 100 I had a little more than a fender on him, then I heard him hit rev limiter. He missed 4th and let out. I slowed down to say good race and move along. He acknowledged his screw up and we both laughed. I gave him a thumbs up and his wife smiled and did the same. Then he raised his right arm to wave or whatever.......only he didn't have a full arm. It was amputated a little below the elbow...the elbow he was shifting with. MIND. BLOWN. I'm sure my jaw dropped and I hope it wasn't obvious, but wow. So, owner of the GTO, if you ever happen to read this, good race. PM me and I'll buy you a beer sometime.

Cliff notes: Close race between A4 Camaro and M6 GTO. GTO owner, with part of right arm amputated, shifted with elbow. Major props.
Old 12-01-2012, 09:58 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Damn! Good race man. That's crazy how some people just don't give up what they love doing. If part of my shifting arm ever got amputated, I'd just buy an Auto, lol.
Old 12-01-2012, 10:28 AM

Awesome race, that make for a good story
Old 12-01-2012, 07:00 PM
Launching!

Awesome man, that's skill. Nice run.
Old 12-01-2012, 07:40 PM
11 Second Club

Crazy! Bangin gears still too! Nice story/kill.

Quick Reply: 99 Z28 vs 04 GTO