Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

Finally had some fun Vids(well knida)

Search this Thread

Old 02-10-2013, 05:53 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Finally had some fun Vids(well knida)

Ok, I finally got out and had some fun, sat around at the local spot and no one wanted to play, (Two SS gen 5's, So I got a call and a friend wanted to see where his car was at, 74 Nova sbc/spray). So we drove to the next town and met up. I told him he could run spray and i would just run motor, my car is on a spray tune so it would be down on power. we lined it up and hit it off about 40, i pulled him hard so only hit a couple of gears.

He said he didn't feel the kit so we lined up again, this time i let my girl use my camara ( for the first time and EWWW - I need a go pro) The second run wasn't much better. but it was all for fun and we stopped and had some good laughs.

See what I meant ... Hey she tried.

So then finding nothing in that town, we decided to drive yet another town.

These guys were Plum crazy, right on the strip the imports were stopping at red lights, opening their doors to talk, then waiting for the light to go green, and sitting there for a minute or two, then they would rev up and blast off to the next red light.

We drove around and found nothing until this Challenger (yet from a whole different city and in fact state, says I'll run) so we took off to find a place to run, we drove around a bit (neither of us knew the town, till finally we found a good stretch and hit them off, Insta-Pull, again I only had to hit one gear to put two lengths on him.

As you can hear, lol sorry sweeheart, the camera work needed some practice.

He said he needed more room, so we found a local by-way to get a better roll, but it was the same, me just pulling away. We hit the highway and i started to honk it off when he just gunned it... LOL that's ok i thought, and it was.

The only good films i got was with me holding the droid up racing and shifting all at the same time. BTW, DROID CAMERA'S SUCK.

Sorry that is all i have but i did have some fun, we pulled over and talk a few minutes then left. He wouldn't say what was done, but it was loud and he kept revving up in neutral (Auto).

I had one issue, at full throttle in 4th the lights went dim and the power dropped off like the car was running off a low battery only?? It even had a misfire, which makes me think the alternator or something is having an issue. Anyone seen that is a f-body before?

All in all we had a fun night, good races and drove home.
Old 02-10-2013, 07:04 PM
Staging Lane

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

wow all of those vids were undecipherable. In all honesty, it would have been better if you just explained what happened instead of posting those. If you want the best night time action camera available, go with what I got: the ReplayXD. http://www.hotrod.com/techarticles/h...risons_action/ then next generation of all these camera's is now out, with improvements all around but the replay still has the best nighttime recording of them all.
Old 02-11-2013, 09:29 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Sticks n Stones
wow all of those vids were undecipherable. In all honesty, it would have been better if you just explained what happened instead of posting those. If you want the best night time action camera available, go with what I got: the ReplayXD. http://www.hotrod.com/techarticles/h...risons_action/ then next generation of all these camera's is now out, with improvements all around but the replay still has the best nighttime recording of them all.
Agreed, The vids were due to all the NS that must have proof, I would rather have a GOPro but i buying a rear end instead

The first race was me vs a 74 nova SBC on spray, he didn't tell me how much but because he was a friend i told him i would run motor only, I am down on power due to being stuck on the nitrous tune. We jumped on the freeway and slowed down, no traffic at that time, I honked it off at 40, i was in second and he has an auto, i pulled him a car and a half each gear, only had to shift into third, all though i did run third all the way to 6400.

We pulled over because i really thought someone had went wrong with his car..lol but he stated his kit didn't come on, so checked it out and went again, I really couldn't tell how much better it was, because the next race we got on the freeway and there was light traffic, we held them up and left at 40 again, me in second, INSTA-PULL, that was when my girl tried to film for the first time he stated i got him by only bus lengths, instead of freight training him We stopped and talked it over, and he took off.

Then we set off to the next city, and after driving around for a while we found this guy from IN, in a challenger. who had driving from ATL to race. I thought here we go, i may lose to a foreigner LOLOL But when we took off, neither of us knew the town so we poked around a bit, as i said the imports were just going at red lights, but LOLOL they were so slow you really couldn't tell they were racing. :p

We both took turns at honking it off, although he didn't fair much better, i left in second, he had an auto, at 35 (i think ) i pulled an easy car and a half each gear on him too, so that is why the vids are so short. we did this twice, and he stated he didn't really get up to speed??? HUH?

So I said, Freeway? He stated OH YEAH! we got to the interstate, and there was not a car anywhere to see, so I tried to even up quickly and honk but by the first honk he went...Haha i hit it and reeled him in and passed him at the top of 2nd, slammed third and put him down another car, shifting at 6400 hit fourth and it was getting worse, so i let out. That is when he came screaming around me and kept going, he stated he didn't let out till 160? Who knows, i was pulling still so why keep going i told him. He said you def pulled me. That car runs hard!

The last run was at about 70, i didn't think he wanted the last run because he didn't slow down once he got on the freeway again, but as i got up next to them he hit it, and so I did too. same result, in third i pulled him a car easily and hit fourth and pulled him another car or two, that is when my lights went dim and the motor stumbled, he said I seen a puff of white smoke when it stumbled, so i let off. A friend said it was most likely my voltage reg is going bad.

After that run we went back talk for a while and them we went home, car ran fine all the way home but had the dimming and spit under a full power. No Po-po so it was all good!!!
Old 02-19-2013, 04:35 PM
On The Tree

No Love for the z ??? Ok fine .. Time to get a GO pro, Advice? btw I know not to buy a 1st gen gopro.

Quick Reply: Finally had some fun Vids(well knida)