Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

5.5 second integra 1/4 mile

Search this Thread

Old 04-19-2004, 11:44 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default 5.5 second integra 1/4 mile

this is the very first top fuel 4 cylinder car. it made an exhibition run and did a 5.5 e.t in the 1/4 http://www.bobnorwood.com/Max-4%20Te...%20Summary.htm there isnt an offcial class yet but. this may change alot of things. the only 4 banger dragster in exsistence and is only about .6 seconds slower than the fastest v8 dragster..good Lord
Old 04-19-2004, 11:52 PM
TECH Senior Member

Mind you though that the top fuelers that we have are extremely limited by the NHRA on how fast they can go. They can run a lot faster, but limitations by the NHRA keeps them at a certain speed simply because any faster then the 4 sec blasts at 330 mph they already make, they could kill themselves by the opening on the parachute if they go anyfaster.
Old 04-20-2004, 12:22 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by TransAm
this is the very first top fuel 4 cylinder car. it made an exhibition run and did a 5.5 e.t in the 1/4 http://www.bobnorwood.com/Max-4%20Te...%20Summary.htm there isnt an offcial class yet but. this may change alot of things. the only 4 banger dragster in exsistence and is only about .6 seconds slower than the fastest v8 dragster..good Lord
Damn.. I usually know about most things that go on in the import world and haven't heard they made a pass with it. Last time I heard (about 2 months ago) that rail car was on a back burner as Norwood and team are getting chris rado's PRO FWD celica ready for NHRA import series and NDRA competion. I think that is an estimated et for that car. And there are other 4banger dragsters in existence. NDRA has a new class starting this year for them. Called EXTREME IMPORT.. check it out http://ndra.nopi.com/ndra_2k4/ndra_excompact.cfms
Old 04-20-2004, 12:23 AM
TECH Junkie

Wow... thats one fast honda!!!

Yeah... just the thought of a parachute killing you is rediculous... What if they used a longer stretch of track, or multiple stages of parachutes, so that the first one isn't as big, and doesn't kill you... I would think there would be ways to get around it, if you survive the g forces acting on your body...
Old 04-20-2004, 12:29 AM
Launching!

Yeah I remember seein it on TV a few months ago, believe it had two huge turbo's on it. Another reason it probably won't be allowed in NHRA atleast for a while is its all computer controlled and the NHRA frowns upon using actual computers to run the car. BigBronco's right also, the only way top fuel will be allowed to go much faster is if they add on to the track for more shutdown room before they pull the parachute(s). I believe they're hitting in excess of 5 g's when the parachutes open as it is. That cars pretty impressive though.
Old 04-20-2004, 12:37 AM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by Madair09
BigBronco's right also, the only way top fuel will be allowed to go much faster is if they add on to the track for more shutdown room before they pull the parachute(s).
::clears throat... AHEM...:: I was the one that mentioned the extra track
Old 04-20-2004, 12:40 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by MillaTK
::clears throat... AHEM...:: I was the one that mentioned the extra track
Yeah, you beat me to it post *****
Old 04-20-2004, 12:42 AM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by Madair09
Yeah, you beat me to it post *****
Old 04-20-2004, 12:50 AM
TECH Senior Member

but, the problem like stated is the negative G's they pull when they stop. they are so hard that it dislocates the Retina from the eye i believe is what is has done, and many other things. if they go anyfaster, there eyes are going to come out of their heads and what not. it will get a lot dangerous, if they try to go faster!

and yes milla is both a **** and post *****
Old 04-20-2004, 12:55 AM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by BigBronco
but, the problem like stated is the negative G's they pull when they stop. they are so hard that it dislocates the Retina from the eye i believe is what is has done, and many other things. if they go anyfaster, there eyes are going to come out of their heads and what not. it will get a lot dangerous, if they try to go faster!

Haha... I was also the one that first brought up the g forces... good job guys

Yes, I am a post *****, I don't think anyone on this site will argue otherwise... As for the **** thing, I am not a ****... I get paid, so I am a *****...
Old 04-20-2004, 12:59 AM
Teching In

This weekend at the oreilly nationals, I was shocked to see a funny car hit 250mph on a pass and without pulling the shoot was able to slow in time to make the turn at the last exit. I'm not quite sure why he didn't pull them, but it certainly looked like a handfull to stop. I just kept thinking to myself.. I have a hard time stopping and I have 4 disk brakes.. he's going more than 100 mph more than me!!!!!!!!!! I need some of those brakes!
Old 04-20-2004, 01:06 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by gsrev
This weekend at the oreilly nationals, I was shocked to see a funny car hit 250mph on a pass and without pulling the shoot was able to slow in time to make the turn at the last exit. I'm not quite sure why he didn't pull them, but it certainly looked like a handfull to stop. I just kept thinking to myself.. I have a hard time stopping and I have 4 disk brakes.. he's going more than 100 mph more than me!!!!!!!!!! I need some of those brakes!

Yeah, but they only weigh around 2300 pounds and have the best brakes money can buy.
Old 04-20-2004, 02:04 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Lightbulb

they should come up with a super unlimited class where it's all remote controlled, so you can make 'em as fast as you want, kinda like robot wars.
No wait, that idea is
Old 04-20-2004, 02:27 AM
STF veteran / 10 second club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Ah crap ... hopefully the "Street Ricers" don't get wind of this ... otherwise all of those "10 second" integra's are going to suddenly become "5 second" integra's ... using the ricer "if a car with same name as mine has gone this fast, then that's how fast my car goes" mentality.

Someone please save us ...
Old 04-20-2004, 06:32 AM
TECH Enthusiast

I wonder what a Batten engine is? Is it kinda like the "Oldsmobile and Hemi" blocks for the Top Fuelers. Note the quotations as these blocks hardly resemble the originals anymore.
What's a DCRE block?
Old 04-20-2004, 07:08 AM
STF Veteran

Bah! What do they need their eyes for. Vision is over-rated. Let'em god 400 mph and give them 1/8 to stop.
Old 04-20-2004, 07:49 AM
Administrator

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

You're right Gray. Don't forget about all the G's experienced when launching. NHRA does limit top fuel dragsters significantly. I wonder what they are really capable of?
Old 04-20-2004, 08:26 AM
TECH Junkie

capable of an eye popping experience lol *pun intended*
Old 04-20-2004, 09:06 AM
TECH Resident

I mighta missed something but nowhere on that page did it mention an ET or trapspeed. Also, Milla, there ain't no way around physics. The energy HAS to be absorbed for the car to stop and if it is over a fixed distance regardless of number of parachutes or how stretchy the cords are. Like you said, just need more runway. I wouldn't exactly call 'em negative Gs either. More like lateral Gs or lateral acceleration(or hell, maybe even longitudinal). Now who pissed in my Wheaties????
Old 04-20-2004, 10:47 AM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by FLYNLO
I mighta missed something but nowhere on that page did it mention an ET or trapspeed. Also, Milla, there ain't no way around physics. The energy HAS to be absorbed for the car to stop and if it is over a fixed distance regardless of number of parachutes or how stretchy the cords are. Like you said, just need more runway. I wouldn't exactly call 'em negative Gs either. More like lateral Gs or lateral acceleration(or hell, maybe even longitudinal). Now who pissed in my Wheaties????
Yeah... I guess my parachute idea woulda used a longer slowing down distance as well... hmm... wouldn't a negative g force be in the up direction?

Quick Reply: 5.5 second integra 1/4 mile