Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

Bolt On 01' Trans Am Vs. Bolt On/Tuned STI (Video)

Search this Thread

Old 03-04-2013, 01:02 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Bolt On 01' Trans Am Vs. Bolt On/Tuned STI (Video)

Oldie but goodie that I never ended up posting here. My brother Badamn vs. a local STI guy. Couple Rolls and a dig run, then Badamn and I race. Races are roughly a quarter mile or about to 110mph....Gotta say I'm jealous of STI's and Evo's on the street. Bounce rev limiter, dump clutch, launch like a ****, wash, rinse, repeat....

Old 03-04-2013, 03:54 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

yea, those awd's do launch good, but ls1 comes around in top end
Old 03-06-2013, 09:25 PM
12 Second Club

awwh..thanks for revitalizing those videos.Although i wouldn't call my car full bolt on at that time.No underdrive pulley,no headers,no tune.and at the end of those rolls i was really gonna start pulling away once i got into fourth that was all he had.!

Last edited by badamn; 03-06-2013 at 09:30 PM. Reason: more info
Old 03-06-2013, 09:28 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by badamn
awwh..thanks for revitalizing those videos.Although i wouldn't call my car full bolt on at that time.No underdrive pulley,no headers,no tune.
No problem. I wouldn't call your car full bolt on either. That's why I just put "bolt on" and not "full bolt on"
Old 03-06-2013, 10:25 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

awesome vid collection, thanks for sharing. LS wins but the STI is pretty quick. Played with one on the highway morning commute this week.
Old 03-06-2013, 11:46 PM
12 Second Club

yeah,they are fun i slo mode the first vid and his bumper is touching my rear as we cross the line.they should appreciate we call them competition!
Old 03-06-2013, 11:49 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by TheBlueKnight
No problem. I wouldn't call your car full bolt on either. That's why I just put "bolt on" and not "full bolt on"
oh and i'm not sure when you're kill of me was taken.....you've only beat me from a roll twice so i guess that was after u got headers and a tune?
Old 03-07-2013, 12:39 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by badamn
oh and i'm not sure when you're kill of me was taken.....you've only beat me from a roll twice so i guess that was after u got headers and a tune?
Yeah. That was the most recent race we have had. I had just gotten my headers and tune. We raced and you pulled me by a full car ( it's in your vid collection on MySpace ). Then we found out my header bolts were bottoming out and not holding the headers all the way to the heads. We went to kragen and bought shorter header bolts and did the " tightened headers race " which is the one above in this thread. It was our most accurate race up to that point as well because we both had passengers. Although Temma is only 115lbs you had your interior gutted and mine wasn't so it kind of evened out weight wise.

Our next plan was to race again after your Ud pulley but we never got the chance. Then you got the lightweight flywheel and we went to the track together in Sacramento. I looked through my tickets from that night the other day and I see I ran a best of a 107.5mph trap speed that night. You should look at your tickets and see what your best trap was. That would give us a good idea of how close we would be in a roll race to date. Although I understand your clutch was slipping that night so we won't truly know what your car is capable of doing in a roll race until you get that leak fixed that's causing your clutch to slip.

I know your best time was a 12.9@105mph, but I thought I remember you running a 107mph trap that night on one of the runs.

Here is a before and after video I did of our most up to date race before my ls6 intake, headers, and tune. And then after the ls6 intake, tightened headers, and tune.

http://www.streetfire.net/video/befo...des_721304.htm

Last edited by TheBlueKnight; 03-07-2013 at 12:54 AM.

Quick Reply: Bolt On 01' Trans Am Vs. Bolt On/Tuned STI (Video)