Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

Need help. Been Challenged

Search this Thread

Old 07-17-2013, 10:16 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default Need help. Been Challenged

Guy beat me at the track last year. He got 80 Malibu 406 alot of NOS. When he beat me I had a 5.3 GT 45, 1981TTA. Did some upgrading sense then. Now I got LQ9/408-GT91. Caltrac subframe connect, 2step. but my car weight 4000lbs. Should I ask for something, or do you think i can take him headup? I hate abusing my car so that's what hurts my performance.
Old 07-17-2013, 10:57 PM
Staging Lane

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

way to little info on current and last builds of your and his cars to make that call. vids of your loss would also help. with engine swap cars like yours and his, the quality of effort and skill involved in the build is just as important as the engine itself. a LSx heads/cam/boltons 5.3L could VERY easily beat a built LSx 408 in either of those cars if the guy turning the wrenches knew exactly what he was doing and what he was after as a finished product.

With 4th gen camaros, newer mustangs, gto's, 5th and 6th gen corvettes everyone knows the basics of what they do stock and how they handle typical upgrades. they also know they are running factory computers and sensors that perform as they are supposed to in conjuction with drivetrains and wiring harnesses designed to all work as one.

Aftermarket computers or aftermarket wiring harnesses with mismatched sensors etc. will always leave that spectre of doubt about whether the car is running like it should and making all the power potential the hard parts are capable of or if there is that infamous "something" wrong that is sapping power or accelleration.

Quick Reply: Need help. Been Challenged