Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

Built/Nitrous Kawasaki Ninja ZX-14 vs TheGodfather Camaro

Search this Thread

Old 11-04-2013, 05:21 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

The new 2012+ 14's are ~20hp and 5-10mph faster then the last gen 14s or any year busa.

With the worlds worse 60' on a bike ever, the slowest ET a 14 has ever been down the track, and literally my second time ever down the strip on my 14R I trapped 148mph. My next time out I'm sure I'll break 150mph. Literally just has slipon mufflers and a $20 strap on the front(which did nothing at all to keep front down BTW). BONE STOCK MOTOR down to the air filter. Stock height, stock wheelbase, stock air filter, stock gears, etc.

A track veteran with just a drop, stretch and gears was running 8.80s @ 165 NA. Stock-*******-motor, holy-*******-**** .
Old 11-04-2013, 05:35 PM
Launching!

Received 41 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by DSS
southbay

here some thread i posted, for some friendly wager runs with my Vette and friends WRX

i also posted on CAfords and few street racing local like Bayarearacing

https://ls1tech.com/forums/street-ra...ok-inside.html

https://ls1tech.com/forums/dyno-gues...-part-2-a.html

http://www.svtperformance.com/forums...ok-inside.html

hopefully your friends see this

your the fool that came here questioning my cars, you wanna know how fast my cars are? come travel here and ill gladly hurt your ego and take your money

you came to my thread bragging, with hostile smart *** attitude you expect me to play nice? i questioned your boast all of sudden your backing down to what you said, grown *** man? wtf what a joke, your worse than i thought, what makes you think theirs going to be drama? all of this is part of competition aslong you bring the right amount of cash, and your car, 60-160mph roll if its close keep going till theres a clear winner, its that simple and drama free

you want to set it up like a " grown *** man " ? then hit up my phone number, I PMed it to you a month ago, if you had done that it would been less BS on this thread

we ran people all over California as far north as Sacramento and as far south as San Deigo have traveled to us, every race, money exchange always went smooth, and drama free
Yea I called Subarus junk, not my fault you incorrectly assumed it was faster than me. Hit me up when you head out here.
Old 11-04-2013, 05:38 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Puck
The new 2012+ 14's are ~20hp and 5-10mph faster then the last gen 14s or any year busa.

With the worlds worse 60' on a bike ever, the slowest ET a 14 has ever been down the track, and literally my second time ever down the strip on my 14R I trapped 148mph. My next time out I'm sure I'll break 150mph. Literally just has slipon mufflers and a $20 strap on the front(which did nothing at all to keep front down BTW). BONE STOCK MOTOR down to the air filter. Stock height, stock wheelbase, stock air filter, stock gears, etc.

A track veteran with just a drop, stretch and gears was running 8.80s @ 165 NA. Stock-*******-motor, holy-*******-**** .
I know I cant **** with 165, im not a track guy but my car should have 155/156 in it as it sits.

those bikes are rolling out harder than I thought. My attempt at a race with a bolt on zx14 fell through but probably was a blessing as I had an injector issue that popped up on the dyno the next day.
Old 11-04-2013, 06:58 PM
Staging Lane

Received 19 Likes on 11 Posts

Only in SRK do 140mph trap cars pull 150+ trap bikes when bikes get the hit.
Old 11-04-2013, 09:52 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Camper
I know I cant **** with 165, im not a track guy but my car should have 155/156 in it as it sits.

those bikes are rolling out harder than I thought. My attempt at a race with a bolt on zx14 fell through but probably was a blessing as I had an injector issue that popped up on the dyno the next day.
Puck probably typo'd that... He probably meant 156 mph... Which is still freakin flying for an all motor bike... But they aren't likely going 165 NA/stock motor......Unless it has a super light/pro jockey and even then I'm not seeing it.

They will run 8.70s stock motored though properly setup with a GOOD/LIGHT rider..

Jeremy Teasley went 161 mph on a WELL PREPPED stock motor ZX14 and he is like 145lbs SUITED and one of the quickest riders in the country.

Not the norm...
Old 11-05-2013, 06:56 AM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by ajrothm
Puck probably typo'd that... He probably meant 156 mph... Which is still freakin flying for an all motor bike... But they aren't likely going 165 NA/stock motor......Unless it has a super light/pro jockey and even then I'm not seeing it.

They will run 8.70s stock motored though properly setup with a GOOD/LIGHT rider..

Jeremy Teasley went 161 mph on a WELL PREPPED stock motor ZX14 and he is like 145lbs SUITED and one of the quickest riders in the country.

Not the norm...
Not a typo, but definitely not the norm, and this is the 2012+ Gen 2 bikes. Pretty sure he said he went 165 stock motor, 8.80s. It's a white 2013 with a swing arm, gears, drop, and tune. Stock motor, never had a valve cover lifted. Saw him go 162 that day so I can imagine in better air he had a 165 in it.

Teasley went 8.7 @162 stock wheelbase (!). He's a beast. Stock motor record is a guy from St.Pete, 8.40.

Keep in mind maybe 1% of riders can run those times. On stock wheelbase I have a total of two launches ever on this bike and didn't break into 9s. Takes a lot of practice to launch a big bike at stock height/wheelbase, and two runs won't cut it LOL. 2.1 60' FML I did 1.6 on my zx6
Old 11-05-2013, 03:37 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Not a typo, but definitely not the norm, and this is the 2012+ Gen 2 bikes. Pretty sure he said he went 165 stock motor, 8.80s. It's a white 2013 with a swing arm, gears, drop, and tune. Stock motor, never had a valve cover lifted. Saw him go 162 that day so I can imagine in better air he had a 165 in it.

Teasley went 8.7 @162 stock wheelbase (!). He's a beast. Stock motor record is a guy from St.Pete, 8.40.

Keep in mind maybe 1% of riders can run those times. On stock wheelbase I have a total of two launches ever on this bike and didn't break into 9s. Takes a lot of practice to launch a big bike at stock height/wheelbase, and two runs won't cut it LOL. 2.1 60' FML I did 1.6 on my zx6
Yeah Gadson went 9.25@152 stock wheel base/stock pipes... But once again, he is 165lbs suited and one of the best in the country..

Realistally speaking, with a pipe/tune/arm and the average joe rider at 185lbs, its a 155 mph bike... Still fast as ****.. Considering we were building 1397s for busas 5-6 years ago and still not running that mph...(average joes)...

Hell I only went 8.80@168-169 mph on my turbo bike at 62" and around 300hp... But that was only strapped in the front, hand clutch and geared tall, 1.63 60', 4.05 330'.... Pretty much **** front half. Bike was set up for LSR and all around street riding, not drag racing..

Hell I'm hoping to break 150 mph on the S1000rr... But without an arm, I can't do ****.... Even wacking it wot in 3rd will have the bars dancing in my hands to the point I have to back out of it some to straighten it out..

Once my S1000rr and the stock 2013 ZX14 both got settled into 4th and 5th gear, there was no movement on either bike, dead even....But he had 4 lengths or so on me from the hit.... I think that if we both got a dead even hit in 3rd and no wheelies, I think the bikes would be dead even...... But mine is piped/tuned/geared....His is stock.. He has a pipe, bazaz and arm on the way so...I'm about to get slaughtered..
Old 11-05-2013, 04:28 PM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by ajrothm
Yeah Gadson went 9.25@152 stock wheel base/stock pipes... But once again, he is 165lbs suited and one of the best in the country..

Realistally speaking, with a pipe/tune/arm and the average joe rider at 185lbs, its a 155 mph bike... Still fast as ****.. Considering we were building 1397s for busas 5-6 years ago and still not running that mph...(average joes)...

Hell I only went 8.80@168-169 mph on my turbo bike at 62" and around 300hp... But that was only strapped in the front, hand clutch and geared tall, 1.63 60', 4.05 330'.... Pretty much **** front half. Bike was set up for LSR and all around street riding, not drag racing..

Hell I'm hoping to break 150 mph on the S1000rr... But without an arm, I can't do ****.... Even wacking it wot in 3rd will have the bars dancing in my hands to the point I have to back out of it some to straighten it out..

Once my S1000rr and the stock 2013 ZX14 both got settled into 4th and 5th gear, there was no movement on either bike, dead even....But he had 4 lengths or so on me from the hit.... I think that if we both got a dead even hit in 3rd and no wheelies, I think the bikes would be dead even...... But mine is piped/tuned/geared....His is stock.. He has a pipe, bazaz and arm on the way so...I'm about to get slaughtered..
If I had the money an S1k would be parked right next to my 14r. Sick *** bike, and sometimes I miss the nimbleness of a smaller bike.
Old 11-05-2013, 07:25 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Old 11-05-2013, 08:36 PM
TECH Enthusiast

If I had the money an S1k would be parked right next to my 14r. Sick *** bike, and sometimes I miss the nimbleness of a smaller bike.
You just gotta keep practicing bro.... Seat time is everything..
I got this short little bastard going low 1.60 60's..

It would run 9.80s@142.. That's only 154 rwhp and me at 190lbs... I enjoyed riding it short...

The new S1000rr is freakin evil though... I named it Flipper... (because it looks like a shark and tries to flip me every time I ride it...LOL)

I'm probably gonna put a little arm on it so I can ride the damn thing... I can't do **** with it...

Here is the other ole *****... Its about 61.5" and I can't lower the front much... Not a great drag bike...but a great street/LSR bike which was the intention. I'm sure it would go 7.90s at 70" and a slider. Probably never happen though.. I like street riding it too much. 320hp on pump gas.
Old 11-06-2013, 08:17 AM
TECH Veteran

That turbo busa is ******* nasty.

I was able to pull high 1.8 60's on my SWB 600, but that thing has no torque so its basically just slip the clutch at ~6k and ride out the wheelie. On the 14 I launch at 3K and it still yanks the front .

Like you said though, I have a grand total of two launches with it, so I'm sure seat time will help.

Last edited by Puck; 11-06-2013 at 09:07 AM. Reason: 1.8 on zx6, I wish it was 1.6 LOL

Quick Reply: Built/Nitrous Kawasaki Ninja ZX-14 vs TheGodfather Camaro