Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

GT500 VS ZL1 @ the RING

Search this Thread

Old 10-29-2013, 09:25 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 427zm
No, You have made my point. The ZL1 and Z28 are getting called slow here, and BOTH of those cars dogg the challenger and charger. It's not even close.

As for the Viper ACR, the ZR1 and Z06 both beat the viper around the track (Laguna Seca) when equipped with the Cup tires. Track car, for track car, again Vette wins.
I think Laguna Seca is a harder track than the famous ring i always hit the wall at that damn cork screw in Grand turismo lol
Old 10-29-2013, 09:28 PM
***Repost Police***

Originally Posted by "MAC"
I think Laguna Seca is a harder track than the famous ring i always hit the wall at that damn cork screw in Grand turismo lol
All upcoming posts deemed invalid.
Old 10-29-2013, 09:28 PM
TECH Regular

the ring times:
Dodge Viper ACR 7:12.13(2010)
C6 Zr1 7:19.63(2012)
Z/28 7:37.4(2014)
Zl1 7:41:27(2012)
After so research looking on the SVT performance website and google turns out Ford has excuses as to why they haven't posted a lap time of the 13 GT500, Claiming weather conditions kept the driver from unleashing all the power well if thats the case then who ever said the ZL1 was suffering from heat soak his comment is just as valid. So Snake95 STFU again with your attempt to make the ZL1 look bad and talking down to other GM guys on a GM fan base website.
the z28 lap times were during a wet session but GM still posted them?

Originally Posted by big hammer
ford never released the times because they were sub standard, period.
exactly.

Originally Posted by 427zm
No, You have made my point. The ZL1 and Z28 are getting called slow here, and BOTH of those cars dogg the challenger and charger. It's not even close.

As for the Viper ACR, the ZR1 and Z06 both beat the viper around the track (Laguna Seca) when equipped with the Cup tires. Track car, for track car, again Vette wins.
exactly

IIRC the viper was always putting better times because it had the stickier tire, i remember the people test driving mentioned when they put the same tires on the Vette it spanked the vipers.
Old 10-29-2013, 09:29 PM
***Repost Police***

The Viper ACR was 7 seconds faster around the 'Ring than the ZR1 on Cup tires, btw.
Old 10-29-2013, 09:29 PM
TECH Regular

hahahaha i hated that track growing up playing video games, that cork screw fucked me up every time.

and btw heres the lap times to date

http://fastestlaps.com/tracks/laguna_seca.html
Old 10-29-2013, 09:36 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by sick_tight
hahahaha i hated that track growing up playing video games, that cork screw fucked me up every time.

and btw heres the lap times to date

http://fastestlaps.com/tracks/laguna_seca.html
lol thanks I cant copy and past Firefox is being gay.... but it looks like the Viper is on top again but at the same time if I remember correctly R&T did a comparison against the new viper and the Zr1 and the Zr1 won but the driver said he felt like he could have gone faster in the Viper Either way the Viper and the Vette are ruling the road/tracks guess ford cant even keep up in their 660hp shitstang lol
Old 10-29-2013, 09:37 PM
Banned

I also heard the new ACR edition Viper was going to have 700hp any truth in that? wheres Meents at to speak on this?
10 Second Club

Received 152 Likes on 104 Posts

if anyone remembers when the put the gt500 up against the zl1, the gt 500 actually posted a slightly better fastest lap. but after a couple laps the gt500's brakes faded terribly from heat and it slowed right down and the zl1 went on by.
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by Irunelevens
The Viper ACR was 7 seconds faster around the 'Ring than the ZR1 on Cup tires, btw.
damn, goes to show that the Viper is a beast! i hope GM puts a "Z/28" themed C7 with the big power and all the performance they have into a stripped down version like the ACR. The ZR1 is a beast of a car and definitely the highest performing car GM puts out there but they need an "aero and stripped" version of the vette. i know a lot of testing magazines saying that they knew the vette was capable of more yet they didnt feel comfortable or the *** end would let go. just imagine a LeMans style wing on the vette like the ACR

but back to the ZL1, great car and performs well for its disadvantage but this 6th gen better have gone on a VERY strict diet
Old 10-29-2013, 09:38 PM
***Repost Police***

lol thanks I cant copy and past Firefox is being gay.... but it looks like the Viper is on top again but at the same time if I remember correctly R&T did a comparison against the new viper and the Zr1 and the Zr1 won but the driver said he felt like he could have gone faster in the Viper Either way the Viper and the Vette are ruling the road/tracks guess ford cant even keep up in their 660hp shitstang lol
Again, neither the Camaro nor the Mustang are intended to compete with the Corvette.
Old 10-29-2013, 09:38 PM
Banned

All upcoming posts deemed invalid.
You know you hit that wall several times in grand turismo as well dont lie
Old 10-29-2013, 09:39 PM
***Repost Police***

No, cuz I know how to brake
Old 10-29-2013, 09:40 PM
Launching!

did ford ever release ring numbers for the gt 500?
nope cause same day testing and fast lap vs fast lap its gonna get its *** handed to it. but like i said if were gonna compair hot as days runs to perfect runs then that needs to be done in the straight line aswell. i can show these gt500 fan boys a few videos of the zl1 busting a gt500 in a drag race does that mean its a faster car no. but u cant get dumbasses to understand that. lol
Old 10-29-2013, 09:41 PM
10 Second Club

Received 152 Likes on 104 Posts

Again, neither the Camaro nor the Mustang are intended to compete with the Corvette.
nope. and they cant.
Old 10-29-2013, 09:41 PM
Banned

Then why does the Mustang have 660hp? Why did ford produce that mustang with that kinda power when the Gen 5 Camaro was making the same amount of power as the ford gt 5.0? You do realize the GT500 is a mustang with after market parts assimbled in a ford factory right? hell its real competitor is the Hennessy Camaro not the Zl1....
Old 10-29-2013, 09:43 PM
TECH Fanatic

I also heard the new ACR edition Viper was going to have 700hp any truth in that? wheres Meents at to speak on this?
I don't think that'll happen, although it might. Fiat, like GM, has another top end model that the Viper won't outdo, Ferrari. Now, with La Ferrari coming out, they might allow the Viper to be 700hp, but that may have to be forced by the next Z06/ZR1 power level. Who knows, we'll see.
Old 10-29-2013, 09:45 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by sick_tight
damn, goes to show that the Viper is a beast! i hope GM puts a "Z/28" themed C7 with the big power and all the performance they have into a stripped down version like the ACR. The ZR1 is a beast of a car and definitely the highest performing car GM puts out there but they need an "aero and stripped" version of the vette. i know a lot of testing magazines saying that they knew the vette was capable of more yet they didnt feel comfortable or the *** end would let go. just imagine a LeMans style wing on the vette like the ACR

but back to the ZL1, great car and performs well for its disadvantage but this 6th gen better have gone on a VERY strict diet
the 6th gen has alrdy be said to be 15% lighter .

but i love how ppl compair stock for stock. how many cars on this forum are stock? who really give a flyin **** about a stock car. lol with time and money u can make anything u want fast . i just never understood it . well i guess i should say as soon as u put a cold air intake on ur modded and all that stock **** goes out the window.
Old 10-29-2013, 09:45 PM
Banned

Also if its not intended then why do all ford **** like to compare it to the Vette as well? Ive always wonder that and How come the gt500's have always had as much as HP as the Z and eventually the Zr1?
Old 10-29-2013, 09:46 PM
***Repost Police***

Then why does the Mustang have 660hp? Why did ford produce that mustang with that kinda power when the Gen 5 Camaro was making the same amount of power as the ford gt 5.0? You do realize the GT500 is a mustang with after market parts assimbled in a ford factory right? hell its real competitor is the Hennessy Camaro not the Zl1....
Also if its not intended then why do all ford **** like to compare it to the Vette as well? Ive always wonder that and How come the gt500's have always had as much as HP as the Z and eventually the Zr1?
Sometimes I don't want to engage in intelligent conversations with you because of posts like this.
Old 10-29-2013, 09:48 PM
TECH Fanatic

if anyone remembers when the put the gt500 up against the zl1, the gt 500 actually posted a slightly better fastest lap. but after a couple laps the gt500's brakes faded terribly from heat and it slowed right down and the zl1 went on by.
Yep. Love me some Motor Trend.

Quick Reply: GT500 VS ZL1 @ the RING