Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

My Z28 Vs a 03 Lightning.

Search this Thread

Old 05-08-2004, 08:25 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up My Z28 Vs a 03 Lightning.

Today I was doing things around the house and a guy I know around town dropped by. He tell's me he want's to run my Z28 I tell him well I am kind of busy but maybe later. So he is like ok he probably thought I was scared.
So later on that day I go by his house and tell him I am ready. I was not trying to be cocky or nothing. He get's on his lightning and we drive to a place were everyone race's I was kind of worried because that place is hot already. I heat my up my Nitto's and line up next to him I honk three times and we were off. Off the line I took him threw first he was right at my rear bumber. When I hit 2nd he was a car behind me, when I hit 3rd he was in my rear view mirrow. I ran him about 3 times and the result were the same. I followed him to his house and I check out his Lightning. He showed me his mod's he had a pulley, K&N filter, and a flowmaster catback. He has street tires but he said he has no problem launching. He then ask me if I could show him my mods I tell him I only have a Lid cutout, and Nitto's. He is like naw show me I show him and he tells me I thought you had Nitrous. I am like no way just the mods you see here.

Last edited by 2_wacko; 05-08-2004 at 10:31 PM.
Old 05-08-2004, 10:10 PM
TECH Enthusiast

seriously, WHY THE **** do people think the only way to go fast it to get NOS?! and isnt "NOS" a brand name..."nitrous" should be the word everyone uses...damnit I need to relax, this little **** is really starting to bother me
Old 05-08-2004, 10:47 PM
TECH Fanatic

Nice kill. He must be on crack thinking the only way to beat his bolt on lightning is with nitrous.
Old 05-08-2004, 11:00 PM
TECH Veteran

Yeah I guess he under-estimated my car. I thought his Lightning would of been a little faster than what it was.
Old 05-08-2004, 11:23 PM
TECH Fanatic

Nice kill. I just had my first encounter with a Lightning the other day. I got him but we didn't go for very long.
Old 05-09-2004, 12:05 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Eight Ball WS6
seriously, WHY THE **** do people think the only way to go fast it to get NOS?! and isnt "NOS" a brand name..."nitrous" should be the word everyone uses...damnit I need to relax, this little **** is really starting to bother me
Yeah well NOS used to be nitrous oxide systems, but now is owned by Holly.
Right? I think.
Anywho, there was this kid back in the day who lived by me. He had a yamaha waveraider 1100 jet ski with nitrous and NOS stickers all over it.
He never had the ***** to push the button though.
Probably for the best, I don't think he had the fuel delivery necessary, and probably would have leaned out and subsequently .
Old 05-09-2004, 12:12 AM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by Eight Ball WS6

AMEN brotha!
Old 05-09-2004, 12:41 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by john_matrix
Yeah well NOS used to be nitrous oxide systems, but now is owned by Holly.
Right? I think.
NOS is Holley's nitrous oxide arm. Just like Hooker is Holley's exhaust performance section.