Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

Magnum RT vs CTS-V

Search this Thread

Old 03-16-2014, 03:35 PM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Magnum RT vs CTS-V

This is a personal friend who just picked up this Magnum RT. His first personal V8.
I gave him the hit. Both of us still on open loop from doing some work. LOL

Roll was from about 40 to 80ish.

This seem about on par? I'm having an o2 sensor issue and had just replaced the o2 sensor the code was pointing at.

I believe those RTs make about 290-300whp, vs my 370whp. I had a passenger with me, and a truck full of ****. He didn't.
Old 03-16-2014, 03:53 PM
TECH Regular

Received 218 Likes on 136 Posts

Looks right to me. You could have a trunk full of **** and still weigh less than him lol. Pretty sure they are 4300lb plus cars. He would need a cam or nitrous to run with you or a SRT8 wagon.
Old 03-17-2014, 10:31 PM
TECH Addict

Wow, didn't realize they could get a jump like that! I've also raced one at 40mph with me being stock and instantly pulled with me jumping out first too... what gear did you start in?
Old 03-17-2014, 10:55 PM
TECH Resident

I gave him the hit, and I was in the right gear. 40mph, 2nd gear. He was also in the right gear. He manually downshifted it with the manumatic and then popped it up to D after he took the hit. Helped alot in this run. The other runs we had, where he left in D to see how it looked, I pulled off the gate.

Shows how big of a difference a decent driver can make even in an auto. He made sure he was in the right gear from the jump on this one. Why not give him the hit though? There's a huge power difference and I think its evident in this vid. He wasn't some random stranger too. Can't just go around puppykicking the **** out of my own friends. Gotta make it interesting.

This was the last time we 'ran' in his old car that is now gone. LOL Ended up just being more of practice pulls. This is what I think got him into the RT. This specific day in the vid below, We also did a 30 roll with me in 5th that I lost. LOL

Quick Reply: Magnum RT vs CTS-V