Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

my first post in "kills"

Search this Thread

Old 05-17-2004, 01:46 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default my first post in "kills"

i've been on this site for a while, but this is my first kill post.

last night i decided to take out my car since i haven't driven it in a while. i took it to the rehearsal room where my band practices and then to a bar to see a band play and hang out.

on the way to the bar i was on the highway (mass pike) headed into boston. most of the time i drive relatively conservatively. the road was three lanes wide and i was in the left lane passing people. a car came down an on ramp and came up quick behind me.

so i finished passing the car to my right and changed lanes to the middle lane to let whoever it was go by. the car went by me and it was a 4 door accord. nothing ricey looking about it, kinda young looking guy driving.

he went past me but then just paced me. i hate when people have to pass me and then don't continue the speed after they get in front of me. the kid kept right there in front of me and when we'd come up to other cars he'd slow down so i'd have to stay behind him (not being able to pass on the right because other cars are there).

after a few times it became obvious he was ******* with me. he had an AEM license plate holder and dual mufflers, only "mods" i saw. he was starting to **** me off so when we got to an open stretch i decided to put an end to it. we got to a stretch where it's 4 lanes wide, very good visability and to my pleasure, i saw wide open road ahead.

i pulled to the far right lane and started SLOWLY accelerating just to make sure that he was really ******* with me. sure enough he paced me in the far left lane.

at 80mph i downshifted to 3rd and nailed it. i actually chirped 3rd which was cool. he also hit it and tried to keep up. i pulled hard through the top of third. when i hit 4th i pulled away VERY hard. and just so there was no mistaking i ran 4th all the way out and into 5th. by then he was probably somewhere between 1/4 -1/2 mile behind me. i think he stopped trying by the time i was a 100 yards ahead of him but who knows.

i usually wouldn't race a kid with a car like that but he really just pissed me off. what the hell was he thinking?
Old 05-17-2004, 03:01 AM
TECH Enthusiast

nice kill.
I bet that was a fun run.
A little excitement in an otherwise dull day.
Old 05-17-2004, 03:48 AM
TECH Enthusiast

1/4 to 1/2 a mile?
I bet he was at least a mile back!
Old 05-17-2004, 07:42 AM
STF Veteran

Smack down with authority!!! Nice first kill post!
Old 05-17-2004, 02:20 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by TheMightyWS6
this is my first kill post.
Not too bad, but let me edit it so others don't get bored halfway through the story.
Edited by Me!

TheMightyWS6
Last night i decided to take out my car since i haven't driven it in a while. I was on the highway (mass pike) headed into boston. A stock looking 4 door accord came down an on ramp and came up quick behind me.
I finished passing the car to my right and changed lanes to the middle lane to let whoever it was go by. The Accord went past me but then just paced me, slowing down when we came up on so i'd have to stay behind him (not being able to pass on the right because other cars are there). After a few times it became obvious he was ******* with me and he was starting to **** me off! We got to an open stretch that's 4 lanes wide with excellent visability and no traffic.
I pulled to the far right lane and started SLOWLY accelerating just to make sure that he was really ******* with me. sure enough he paced me in the far left lane. At 80mph i downshifted to 3rd and nailed it. i actually chirped 3rd which was cool. I pulled hard through the top of third. i ran 4th all the way out and into 5th till there was somewhere between 1/4 -1/2 mile between us. I think he stopped trying by the time i was a 100 yards ahead of him but who knows?
I usually wouldn't race a kid with a car like that but he really just pissed me off. what the hell was he thinking?

There, much better! Short, Sweet and to the point. My work here is done.
Remember quantity does not equate to quality when it comes to posting! This is not a term paper.

Last edited by PSU_Engineer; 05-17-2004 at 02:26 PM.
Old 05-17-2004, 02:25 PM
TECH Addict

Nice Kill.

I cannot stand *** holes that race to get in front and then just keep you locked in with the slow lane.

Old 05-17-2004, 04:21 PM
!LS1 11 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Welcome!
Now stop pickin' on those Accords! (I know, I know, it was necessary...)