Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

Ran a Red Z06 in Lansing

Search this Thread

Old 05-29-2004, 10:17 PM
11 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default Ran a Red Z06 in Lansing

Tonight I ran into a bright red Z06 , The guy had a nice looking lady passenger and i was with a empty bottle .
I have never had a run in with a Z06 , so i was hoping he was game.
I flashed my convertor as i passed by ,but he was not even interested,so i thought.
But he did a sweet sounding fly by at about 35mph . Sounded real nice.
So i paced with him a little,but nothing happening. So i jumped on it and did the same fly by he did earlier.
The passenger was looking ,but not the driver.
I gave it 1 last attempt and as i paced him around 35 , i pulled 1st gear and stomped it. He was waiting for that,because i did not leave him this time . We
were side by side and shut it down around 60(We were in town).
Now he is smiling and paying attention. We ran 3 times with the last being the best. A 25 mph roll to 80ish. I had him by only a fender,but i still had him.
Real cool Vette guy, at the stop light he asked what was done,and then gave me props too.
Red Z06 with plate that read RED Z06.
Best part was when the passenger even chimed in complimenting(sp) my exhaust.
I really wanted to spray and pull away ,but the bottle is dead.
I am happy that it was not a death,but i don't think it would be pretty for me with speeds much higher than that. The faster we went ,i think the less ground i was holding on him.

Dave
Old 05-30-2004, 02:27 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Good kill
Old 05-30-2004, 07:57 AM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

nice kill!
Old 05-30-2004, 09:01 AM
Administrator

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Nice Dave. I've yet to encounter a Z06 that would run me. It's too bad you didn't have a full bottle. The 150 shot definitely would have gotten his attention!
Old 05-30-2004, 09:08 AM
7 Second Club

Originally Posted by redsscamaroboy
Tonight I ran into a bright red Z06 , The guy had a nice looking lady passenger and i was with a empty bottle .
I have never had a run in with a Z06 , so i was hoping he was game.
I flashed my convertor as i passed by ,but he was not even interested,so i thought.
But he did a sweet sounding fly by at about 35mph . Sounded real nice.
So i paced with him a little,but nothing happening. So i jumped on it and did the same fly by he did earlier.
The passenger was looking ,but not the driver.
I gave it 1 last attempt and as i paced him around 35 , i pulled 1st gear and stomped it. He was waiting for that,because i did not leave him this time . We
were side by side and shut it down around 60(We were in town).
Now he is smiling and paying attention. We ran 3 times with the last being the best. A 25 mph roll to 80ish. I had him by only a fender,but i still had him.
Real cool Vette guy, at the stop light he asked what was done,and then gave me props too.
Red Z06 with plate that read RED Z06.
Best part was when the passenger even chimed in complimenting(sp) my exhaust.
I really wanted to spray and pull away ,but the bottle is dead.
I am happy that it was not a death,but i don't think it would be pretty for me with speeds much higher than that. The faster we went ,i think the less ground i was holding on him.

Dave
Sounds like a fun kill.When I'm out in the Z nobody every tries me.Maybe the ccw big and littles with ET Streets scare them off.I wish they would though.
Old 05-30-2004, 09:15 AM
TECH Senior Member

very nice runs! most z06's in our area are game at all... not too many will not race.

Sorry your bottle was empty, i bet you go and fill it up very soon so it will not happen again!

Gray
Old 05-30-2004, 10:23 AM
11 Second Club

Thanks guys.
I was all smiles all the way home after that.
I just put the 150 jets in for the first time since changing torque convertors. I played a little on a half full, low pressure bottle and was very pleased with the pull . I went to fill the bottle Wednesday and my local shop closed 15 mins before i got there. I will be filling it first thing next week.
12.2 all motor is nice ,but i want to see what will happen on a 150 shot with my new trans and convertor.
I have run almost all the (MUST RACE) cars on my list,except for a MODDED 03-04 Cobra.
Dan, went i get the ***** ,i will set up a time to come visit the Detroit area for a weekend. Maybe we can have a few fun runs.
I don't like losing ,but it happens from time to time.
Dave
Old 05-30-2004, 10:42 AM
Administrator

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Let me know if/when you can make it Dave. I'll round up a group of guys with nice cars to hang out with.
Old 05-30-2004, 10:55 AM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by unit213
Let me know if/when you can make it Dave. I'll round up a group of guys with nice cars to hang out with.
That sounds cool. No time ,real soon,but i will let you know,Thanks Dan.
Dave
Old 05-30-2004, 12:42 PM
TECH Junkie

nice runs
Old 05-31-2004, 04:15 PM
TECH Fanatic

Good kill!!!! I saw that RED ZO6(same plates) last fall on the highway near the East beltline, I tried to get him to run but he didn't bite.....prolly a good thing for me LOL
Old 05-31-2004, 04:25 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by AK's WS6
Good kill!!!! I saw that RED ZO6(same plates) last fall on the highway near the East beltline, I tried to get him to run but he didn't bite.....prolly a good thing for me LOL
That surprises me, because the way he took off and was quick at shifting,i would have thought this guy would have run alot.
I know i was surprised to see how well i did against his Z06.
I really love my SS4000 convertor! It helps a ton that i run on the street wearing Nitto DR's (315/35/17's).

I still have not seen you around town ,yet, But i have been watching for ya(well at least your ride,that is).
Dave