Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

Ricer Flyby Denied

Search this Thread

Old 02-22-2015, 12:58 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 16 Likes on 11 Posts

Default Ricer Flyby Denied

Sorry no video

So it's around 11 at night and I'm coming home from my friends birthday party. Turn right on a main expressway and see the blue glow of cheap HID lights behind me. Light up ahead turns red so I stop. By the time this guy reaches me the light turns green (he slowed down to about 20 at this point). I take off normally and as soon as he passes me he floors it, fart can wailing. I instantly drop down to 2nd by which he was a couple cars ahead and by 80, right as I'm about to pass him he slams on the brakes, swerves across 3 lanes to take a right. Weird. Oh well, least my drive home wasn't too boring

BTW he was driving some POS Accord Bondo edition.
Old 02-22-2015, 10:52 AM
Teching In

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Ahhh, the ole ricer maneuver. Take the hit, let off before the freight train comes and then claim the win. A classic move since the N/A 4 cylinders grocery-getters became the new "race cars".
I had a feeling he knew what was about to happen so he cut you off. Sad thing is, he is on his local forum claiming he just took a Trans Am. LOL
Old 02-22-2015, 12:52 PM
On The Tree

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts

Mach said it all hahaha
Old 02-22-2015, 01:41 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

These clowns are everywhere lol. I had one last year I jst got the new sbc in my 78 caballero diablo and this ricer and his girl friend wanted to race and would't bite other then to just **** him off by not letting pull ahead so he decided to pull a fast and the furious move on me and tried to swap paint!
Ricers should be sterilized so they can't have little ricer offspring

Old 02-22-2015, 01:45 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by 02SSTtop
These clowns are everywhere lol. I had one last year I jst got the new sbc in my 78 caballero diablo and this ricer and his girl friend wanted to race and would't bite other then to just **** him off by not letting pull ahead so he decided to pull a fast and the furious move on me and tried to swap paint!

that is one beautiful car...
on a side note, am i the only one that thinks its sad that it took him until 80 to start catching back up?
Old 02-22-2015, 01:55 PM
Launching!

Received 34 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by 02SSTtop

Agreed on sterlization and nice car.
Old 02-22-2015, 02:39 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Arctic
on a side note, am i the only one that thinks its sad that it took him until 80 to start catching back up?
Thank you I have quite a bit of time and money into that car and also into my 79Z28. I Rarely drive the Z28 though but this summer I want to redo the 400sbc in.
Agreed on the length of time it took to catch up must be a good expination for this though cause in second and even 3rd my 02SS is a rocket.

Now its time to get the 02SS back to beautiful cause the previous owner didn't show her much love!

Last edited by 02SSTtop; 02-22-2015 at 02:45 PM.
Old 02-22-2015, 02:51 PM
Teching In

You'd be surprised how long it takes to catch up when another car takes the hit. In addition, the OP had to downshift even before going WOT. I'd say he caught up pretty quick considering the situation.
Old 02-22-2015, 03:30 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by MACHXLR8
You'd be surprised how long it takes to catch up when another car takes the hit. In addition, the OP had to downshift even before going WOT. I'd say he caught up pretty quick considering the situation.
meh, after owning both he shouldve caught him sooner, but its whatever, im not hio, what happened happened.
Old 02-22-2015, 03:51 PM
Teching In

meh, after owning both he shouldve caught him sooner, but its whatever, im not hio, what happened happened.

Yea...you don't want to go there. lol
Old 02-22-2015, 04:06 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by MACHXLR8
Yea right as he passed me he floored it so I had to downshift to 2nd, at which point he had 2 cars and 20mph on me. So by the time I hit 80 I made up a good 3 cars and was about to blow by him. Essentially he went from 40 to 60 in the same time it took me to downshift and go from 20 to 80

On an even hit, going the same speed, it wouldn't even look like he would be racing, I could probably pull him using the 'increase speed' button on my cruise control...
Old 02-22-2015, 04:15 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by M4N14C
Yea right as he passed me he floored it so I had to downshift to 2nd, at which point he had 2 cars and 20mph on me. So by the time I hit 80 I made up a good 3 cars and was about to blow by him. Essentially he went from 40 to 60 in the same time it took me to downshift and go from 20 to 80

On an even hit, going the same speed, it wouldn't even look like he would be racing, I could probably pull him using the 'increase speed' button on my cruise control...
Makes sense. That is exactly where I was going with it.
Good job, man. Your car is making some good power and it looks badass!
Old 02-23-2015, 10:07 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 88 Likes on 62 Posts

I feel like if Automach drove a Honda he would troll people on the street just like this story.
Old 02-23-2015, 11:42 AM
Teching In

People like that are the reason most random encounters on the street dont happen for me lol. Even when I was daily driving the integra. I feel like I would need to drive the same way to get some action but that would ruin the surprise =/
Old 02-23-2015, 04:08 PM
Teching In

I'm so lost, you are in 3rd gear by 20 mph......

At first I thought you were at a light stopped, then it was going from a roll which you had to downshift from and he was catching you at 20 mph....

Story seems like it has some holes.
Old 02-24-2015, 08:08 PM
11 Second Club

^^^ This...
Old 02-25-2015, 03:41 AM
Teching In

Default Ricer flybye

I dont Understand ricer mentality ? So last week I was driving normal and was at a stop sign, when a Golf GTI with 2 bicycles on the roof does a ricer flyby and all i hear is faaaaart, whoooosh i.e loud blow of valve. So I think to myself, might be intresting. Line up next to him from a roll, and wait to honk it off, instead he takes of (expected), So I was in 1st already and well, I anihilated him, didint even seem like a race, pulled bus lenghs.. so he gave up haha, so then he wants to go again while the street turns into a wide curve he takes off on me again, I again proceed to hammer him, when my rear tire wheel hopped ugly and well i had to let off, no traction. funny thing is when he saw i let off, he flored it all the way threw on his flashers then proceeded to take a sharp turn right into a shopping center. I passed and pointed/laughing at him. I bet he's writing in his GTI forums how he took a C6 corvette lol
Old 02-25-2015, 04:23 PM
Staging Lane

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'll just leave this right here. Seems I deleted my "attempted flyby's by Hondas" video so I'll have to reload it - yes, so many of them that I had my own video of just honda's trying to do flyby's.

Old 02-25-2015, 07:45 PM
On The Tree

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts

^^ good vid
Old 02-26-2015, 01:47 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by OVA1
^^^ This...
Considering that he had a 20+mph and 2+ car length head start, and due to the fact that I didn't know we were racing until he blew by me I'd say I did pretty good

Originally Posted by Sticks n Stones
I'll just leave this right here. Seems I deleted my "attempted flyby's by Hondas" video so I'll have to reload it - yes, so many of them that I had my own video of just honda's trying to do flyby's.

You Shall Not Pass! Flyby attempts shut down. - YouTube
Nice vid, basically same thing happened to me but I hit it when he was a good ways ahead, and I probably should have been in 1st from a 20, not 2nd...

Quick Reply: Ricer Flyby Denied