Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

'99 Trans Am 6 Wins & 2 Losses on Saturday night (04/11/15)

Search this Thread

Old 04-14-2015, 05:32 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default '99 Trans Am 6 Wins & 2 Losses on Saturday night (04/11/15)

I did 8 races in total Saturday night. The first race was a stock M6 G35; we did 3 honks and we were off. The duration of the entire race I had already almost 2 cars on him and we let off at the end. 2nd race was a SRT-8 Charger, with this guy I did two races, the first time another dude flagged us down and I got traction the most so, I was pulling hard on him for the most part. and towards the end I look at my mirrors and I had a good car on him. Second time around, we took off and we're neck and neck and slowly he started pulling on me. It was a good race, I was surprised that I beat him the first time. (He had a 270 dry shot of nitrous but I asked him for LS1 vs Hemi no nitrous or anything). 3rd race was a 01-04 Mustang GT 5 speed with SVT Cobra R Wing with a muffler delete. We took off on 3 honks (by me) and it was close but he didn't have enough power to pull on me the entire race I had half a car on him (judging by since I couldn't see him in my side mirrors, I'm assuming he was on my blind spot) and let off and he just kept going. The 4th race was against a 3.8T Genesis Auto. That was another good race. Another person flagged us and we both good launches, and we were neck and neck and I was already creeping passed him and towards the end of the race I had put a whole car on him. The Genesis was bone stock. The 5th race was against a GSR Integra. Another person flagged us down and already from the launch I was already pulling on him and by the end I almost put 2 cars on him. Second time around it was almost 3 cars. The last race was against a V6 swapped hatch (the V6 came from a Acura TL). We took off and all of sudden the gas pedal forced my foot from going down, I was like "Oh ****! I forgot to turn off the TC." Once I turned it off it was already too late. That hatch was very fast, by the time I turned off the TC he almost put 3 cars on me. My car is a bone stock '99 Trans Am A4 with a whining rear end. (I raced an Infinity M35 and that was a slaughter for him. I forgot to mention.)

Last edited by LTX_Alex; 04-14-2015 at 05:42 PM.
Old 04-14-2015, 06:58 PM
Staging Lane

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

nice kills! was the genesis modded with a turbo? iirc they aren't stock with boost. I believe the genesis with the 2.0l is turbocharged makes about 270ish
Old 04-14-2015, 07:26 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by freaky57fast
nice kills! was the genesis modded with a turbo? iirc they aren't stock with boost. I believe the genesis with the 2.0l is turbocharged makes about 270ish
Nah, to my understanding it was a stock turbo. lol it was pretty quick though I'm not going to lie.
Old 04-15-2015, 08:44 AM
Banned

How do you only beat a stock 2v GT by half a car?
Old 04-15-2015, 04:40 PM
ASSuming On The Tree

Beating a SRT8? In your car? Maybe if he wasn't trying. Or started in 5th gear. Otherwise he'd slaughter you.
Old 04-15-2015, 05:21 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by audacious nick
Beating a SRT8? In your car? Maybe if he wasn't trying. Or started in 5th gear. Otherwise he'd slaughter you.
No, he even told me that he was surprised on how quick the car is. I could hold my own for a little while before his high end mopar power starts kicking in. Either way, a win is a win.
Old 04-15-2015, 05:22 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by FapMasterFrank
I don't know if it was by a car or by half. I wasn't really paying attention. It was just a quick glimpse to see where he was at. He never told of the mods he had in his car either so, I'm just "assuming," he's stock.
Old 04-15-2015, 05:42 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 345 Likes on 237 Posts

I disagree, I beat one from a 30 mph roll with exhaust only and 2.73's and pulled steady
Old 04-16-2015, 12:49 AM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by FapMasterFrank
Definitely wasn't fully stock IMO for half a car.

Anything happens on the street, but I'd say you lucked out pretty good the first run OP. They run decent, but not enough to absolutely slaughter an LS1 as being implied. Can very easily end up a drivers run.
Old 04-16-2015, 03:52 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by odthetruth
Definitely wasn't fully stock IMO for half a car.

Anything happens on the street, but I'd say you lucked out pretty good the first run OP. They run decent, but not enough to absolutely slaughter an LS1 as being implied. Can very easily end up a drivers run.
I surprised in the outcome to be honest with you. I'm currently saving enough for a good stall, then I would like to purchase 3:73 gears and hopefully a good cam.

Quick Reply: '99 Trans Am 6 Wins & 2 Losses on Saturday night (04/11/15)