Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

GTO vs 2009ish mustang GT

Search this Thread

Old 08-24-2015, 04:22 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts

Smile GTO vs 2009ish mustang GT

just a little while ago im coming home from work looking for trouble as usual lol. i tried to bait a 350Z but he wasnt interested so i circled back around to go home. there was a ton of traffic so i decided to go back past where i work and take a less congested way home and i see a black GT pull out in front of me. ive seen the guy around since he works next door to me and seemed like kind of a dick lol.

anyway,he mustve noticed me because he got on it hard. i kept pace to see if he noticed. we both make a right at the next light and he starts to get on it again and i keep pace. neither of us were on it hard.

so i notice hes making a left wheres theres a long straight away. i know he wants to run now.

the light turns green, he takes the outside lane so i rush to get into the left lane. hes a couple cars ahead since he turned first and we both hit it at the same time. i keep up but dont catch up. i get a 2-3 chirp and stay in it. i hit fourth and catch up then pass him. at about 100 i back off due to pulling him hard. i was a couple car lengths ahead.

we stopped at the next light and i said that was fun and he told me it was the second time hes lost to a GTO which i thought was funny.

so i take off thinking thats it and i take off normally then i heard him trying to race again so i get on it and leave him pretty easily. another 2-3 chirp and i was gone lol.

its a nice looking black GT. it was a manual as far as mods i have no idea.it wasnt loud so maybe a CAI and catback at most or possibly stock i dont know.

it was fun though i need to stop pushing my luck. everyone tries to race me in this car lol.
Old 08-24-2015, 04:41 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Good fun. By co-incidence I had a 350Z try me this morning. Afterward he said "You've had some work done." ummmm....yeah ! Almost no one tries me though...my car is invisible.
Old 08-24-2015, 04:43 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 15 Likes on 15 Posts

Sounds like a fun little encounter
Old 08-24-2015, 05:37 PM
On The Tree

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts

Nice kill! Im enjoying having my friends LS1 GTO to drive right now
Old 08-25-2015, 02:53 PM
TECH Resident

Received 19 Likes on 15 Posts

Seemed like a fun kill. GTO's are nice rides.
Old 08-25-2015, 02:58 PM
TECH Regular

Received 218 Likes on 136 Posts

Good kill LS2 Goats are nice cars !
Old 08-25-2015, 03:27 PM
On The Tree

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Bully.
Old 08-25-2015, 03:58 PM
TECH Senior Member

Smile

Originally Posted by NateLS1Mustang
Bully.
lol,he started it.

but thanks guys youre right. i still enjoy my GTO even after all these years. if i didnt want a new camaro(yes,ive said this for years lol) i get LTs and maybe a cam but its my DD and to me its perfect for what i need it for.

it has a sleeper effect to it lol.

but i cant say it enough o keep your clutch fluid changed. i can rev the **** out of it and not miss a great or have my pedal get spongy like it used to.

anyone wanna buy it?
Old 08-27-2015, 08:41 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 30 Likes on 27 Posts

Good kill, If you see a Sonic Blue Cobra parked across the street at CDS stay away He runs 9.50's...
Old 08-27-2015, 10:52 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by MonmouthCtyLS7
Good kill, If you see a Sonic Blue Cobra parked across the street at CDS stay away He runs 9.50's...
Is the owner of the cobra looking for any runs? I know a of a foxbody that would probably do a $ run with him.
Old 08-27-2015, 01:37 PM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by DirtyJgto
Is the owner of the cobra looking for any runs? I know a of a foxbody that would probably do a $ run with him.
Dunno he just bought 18 inch Welds and sold his 15's because he's tired of drag racing so probably not. He does drive the car over an hour each way to Atco to run so id say that's pretty impressive.
Old 08-28-2015, 08:14 AM
Launching!

GTO ftw!
Old 08-28-2015, 03:32 PM
TECH Senior Member

Smile

Originally Posted by MonmouthCtyLS7
do me a favor and dont mention anything that will imply where i was ok. i have no idea what youre talking about.

OH AND MY FRIEND HAS A stock bottom end PCed 5th gen making over 600rwhp so STAY AWAY IF YOU SEE HIM.
Old 08-28-2015, 05:48 PM
On The Tree

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by ULTIMATEORANGESS
do me a favor and dont mention anything that will imply where i was ok. i have no idea what youre talking about.

OH AND MY FRIEND HAS A stock bottom end PCed 5th gen making over 600rwhp so STAY AWAY IF YOU SEE HIM.
Lol relax its not like the cops are gunna hunt you down cuz of his post
Old 08-28-2015, 06:05 PM
TECH Senior Member

Smile

Originally Posted by Nick.H
Lol relax its not like the cops are gunna hunt you down cuz of his post
there was a bad accident involving a C7 in that vicinity yesterday i was told.

i doubt local LEOs will be in a charitable mood after that.

im fully aware its my stupidity if anything happens i just dont want to give them any help.
Old 08-30-2015, 12:00 PM
TECH Junkie

Yea talk about paranoid.
Old 08-30-2015, 03:14 PM
TECH Senior Member

Smile

lol, as i said dont mention anything specific please.

OK.
Old 09-02-2015, 08:12 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by ULTIMATEORANGESS
just a little while ago im coming home from work looking for trouble as usual lol. i tried to bait a 350Z but he wasnt interested so i circled back around to go home. there was a ton of traffic so i decided to go back past where i work and take a less congested way home and i see a black GT pull out in front of me. ive seen the guy around since he works next door to me and seemed like kind of a dick lol.

anyway,he mustve noticed me because he got on it hard. i kept pace to see if he noticed. we both make a right at the next light and he starts to get on it again and i keep pace. neither of us were on it hard.

so i notice hes making a left wheres theres a long straight away. i know he wants to run now.

the light turns green, he takes the outside lane so i rush to get into the left lane. hes a couple cars ahead since he turned first and we both hit it at the same time. i keep up but dont catch up. i get a 2-3 chirp and stay in it. i hit fourth and catch up then pass him. at about 100 i back off due to pulling him hard. i was a couple car lengths ahead.

we stopped at the next light and i said that was fun and he told me it was the second time hes lost to a GTO which i thought was funny.

so i take off thinking thats it and i take off normally then i heard him trying to race again so i get on it and leave him pretty easily. another 2-3 chirp and i was gone lol.

its a nice looking black GT. it was a manual as far as mods i have no idea.it wasnt loud so maybe a CAI and catback at most or possibly stock i dont know.

it was fun though i need to stop pushing my luck. everyone tries to race me in this car lol.
Good run. 3 valves suck lol. A buddy of mine had an 06. He bought it a day before i got my 04 gto, so we took both out to the track. I knew my would run like poo cause the dealership filled it with 87 for some reason.

I went 14.4 to his 14.3, he got a kick out of it, but i told him not to expect it again lol. The next week, i had 93 in mine, and he had gotten rid of his cats, and we were dead even at 14.2.

The next week week, both of us had our cars tuned, found out mine had a bad maf and was running like poo, so fixed it and got the tune and got rid of torque management.

Needless to say it got ugly, quick. Both are auto cars, and his would just roll right off the line without drama to a 13.98 pass. I on the other hand had no traction and ran 13.5 lol

Quick Reply: GTO vs 2009ish mustang GT