Default Full bolt on coyote vs h/c/i 5.7 V1

Old 08-30-2015, 07:34 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 15 Likes on 15 Posts

Wow you pulled that Coyote harder than I expected! Your car runs great
Old 08-30-2015, 07:50 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Nice kill. Maybe the 5.bro left his ac on .
Old 08-30-2015, 08:56 AM
Teching In

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Good kill. Looks like the Caddy is moving out well.
Old 08-30-2015, 09:11 AM
10 Second Club

Received 412 Likes on 330 Posts

As expected
Old 08-30-2015, 09:34 AM
Teching In

Good kill but far from a full bolt on car.
Old 08-30-2015, 11:41 AM
On The Tree

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Needs a tire rotation.
Old 08-30-2015, 11:45 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 196 Likes on 138 Posts

blinker fluid was low
Old 08-30-2015, 12:04 PM
11 Second Club

Good run man, your car runs strong.

I do have to say however, that over the last month reading all of these posts, that I've never seen so much **** leakage from mustang guys on a LS site. Both are good running platforms and it does take mods for the ls cars to keep up. But they are starting with 70-85 hp less already (depending on year) and I know the fbody is lighter. But there are also a lot of worn out, parts just thrown at them, bad builds that don't represent what these cars can do. They obviously are still a problem for the new 5.0 or there wouldn't be so many talking crap and ganging up on them.

Ok, I've drained my **** gland now, carry on
Old 08-30-2015, 12:30 PM
Teching In

Nice kill! Caddy rolls out hard
Old 08-30-2015, 12:40 PM
10 Second Club

Received 152 Likes on 104 Posts

About right.
Old 08-30-2015, 02:06 PM
TECH Resident

Received 114 Likes on 91 Posts

Originally Posted by Deeohgie69

I do have to say however, that over the last month reading all of these posts, that I've never seen so much **** leakage from mustang guys on a LS site. Both are good running platforms and it does take mods for the ls cars to keep up. But they are starting with 70-85 hp less already (depending on year) and I know the fbody is lighter. But there are also a lot of worn out, parts just thrown at them, bad builds that don't represent what these cars can do. They obviously are still a problem for the new 5.0 or there wouldn't be so many talking crap and ganging up on them.

It's a 99% thing......
Old 08-30-2015, 02:23 PM
Teching In

It goes both ways. Nobody is here to bash the LS platform, but a little objectivity would be nice. Some knuckledraggers are simply unwilling to open their eyes and mind.
Old 08-30-2015, 03:13 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by Gt4urass
It goes both ways. Nobody is here to bash the LS platform, but a little objectivity would be nice. Some knuckledraggers are simply unwilling to open their eyes and mind.
I agree that it goes both ways and you nailed it about a whole lot of eyes and minds not being opened. It just seems like theirs a lot of bashing on the ls cars about them not being capable of performing on the "Coyote" level. I go to the track sometimes twice a week and I can honestly say, that the ls cars by far out perform the new 5.0's unless they have a lot of bolt-ons. Mod for mod the new 5.0 should out perform them, but that's not always the case. There are many that can't break out of the low 13's and there are a lot of them that race here.

Now the bolt on ones run decent, but to be honest, it's rare that they even get low 12's. There's one that runs 11.18 but he's fbo, stalled, on nitrous. Then of course you have the few that are trailered there running 10's and one 9's. I just think that at the track the ls cars easily hold their own and obviously can hang with the 5.0's.

I am definitely not hating on them, as a matter a fact I have buddies that go on car cruises that have them. They are good running cars, but I guess I just don't see the need come on a ls site talking about how superior the mustang is to our old, ragged out, cheaply made fbody's lol. I know they aren't the greatest and the interior is pretty dated, trust me I wish the insides were nicer. I could have bought a new car, but I think most of us guys buy these cars because we like them, or at least I did......the ws6 is sex on wheels.

I guess all I'm saying is that these cars still can bring plenty of lunch for the 5.0's to eat on.
Old 08-30-2015, 03:30 PM
Banned

As expected, good kill. A H/C/I Fbomb would have won by about 3 buses.
Old 08-30-2015, 03:43 PM
TECH Resident

Received 114 Likes on 91 Posts

I agree that it goes both ways and you nailed it about a whole lot of eyes and minds not being opened. It just seems like theirs a lot of bashing on the ls cars about them not being capable of performing on the "Coyote" level. I go to the track sometimes twice a week and I can honestly say, that the ls cars by far out perform the new 5.0's unless they have a lot of bolt-ons. Mod for mod the new 5.0 should out perform them, but that's not always the case. There are many that can't break out of the low 13's and there are a lot of them that race here.

Now the bolt on ones run decent, but to be honest, it's rare that they even get low 12's. There's one that runs 11.18 but he's fbo, stalled, on nitrous. Then of course you have the few that are trailered there running 10's and one 9's. I just think that at the track the ls cars easily hold their own and obviously can hang with the 5.0's.

I am definitely not hating on them, as a matter a fact I have buddies that go on car cruises that have them. They are good running cars, but I guess I just don't see the need come on a ls site talking about how superior the must ang is to our old, ragged out, cheaply made fbody's lol. I know they aren't the greatest and the interior is pretty dated, trust me I wish the insides were nicer. I could have bought a new car, but I think most of us guys buy these cars because we like them, or at least I did......the ws6 is sex on wheels.

I guess all I'm saying is that these cars still can bring plenty of lunch for the 5.0's to eat on.
Amen to that.
Old 08-30-2015, 04:07 PM
11 Second Club

Chris25, I just noticed that you are from Clearwater, that's where I drove to get my car last year. The guy and his wife were kind of heartbroken because I was going to put more miles on the trip home than they did in two years lol. I could definitely live down there man, the water is beautiful as far as beaches go and the wife didn't want to leave lol
Old 08-30-2015, 04:33 PM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Not surprised at outcome.
Old 08-30-2015, 04:33 PM
Teching In

I am definitely not hating on them, as a matter a fact I have buddies that go on car cruises that have them. They are good running cars, but I guess I just don't see the need come on a ls site talking about how superior the mustang is to our old, ragged out, cheaply made fbody's lol. I know they aren't the greatest and the interior is pretty dated, trust me I wish the insides were nicer. I could have bought a new car, but I think most of us guys buy these cars because we like them, or at least I did......the ws6 is sex on wheels.

That's mostly fair, and to each their own, but there are a few in here that will still swear to the end that stock for stock or mod for mod they are even...that's so stupid, it's dangerous. But here, I'll put it to you like I put it to Hammer and Doug...what could YOU do in one? Forget all of the poorly modded ones at your track that you so readily used as an example, because that game DEFINITELY goes both ways. A person with half a brain can make one run, so why even point out the lame ducks? There's nothing wrong with an f body, the lack of quality is just a product of that era, the Fords weren't great either. Again, objectivity...not,"well that's how they run at my track, so they all suck".
Old 08-30-2015, 04:43 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by Gt4urass
That's mostly fair, and to each their own, but there are a few in here that will still swear to the end that stock for stock or mod for mod they are even...that's so stupid, it's dangerous. But here, I'll put it to you like I put it to Hammer and Doug...what could YOU do in one? Forget all of the poorly modded ones at your track that you so readily used as an example, because that game DEFINITELY goes both ways. A person with half a brain can make one run, so why even point out the lame ducks? There's nothing wrong with an f body, the lack of quality is just a product of that era, the Fords weren't great either. Again, objectivity...not,"well that's how they run at my track, so they all suck".
At 8:10 last Friday I was car 420 at tech in. They stopped tech in at 10:30 and there was easily 600-700 cars there. At least 20+ were 5.0's and I highly doubt every single one was badly modded. I thought they ran high 12's bone stock?

I'm not disagreeing that certain people are die hard one branded guys. To each their own, but in my experience, I have not ran into very many of these cars that run the way everyone says they do. Maybe we just have a bunch of properly modded ls cars in my area, idk. I just know that the cars when both done right, is alot closer match than what everyone here leads on. That's all I'm trying to say.

Quick Reply: Full bolt on coyote vs h/c/i 5.7 V1