Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

Ford Mustang Outsells Challenger and Camaro C

Search this Thread

Old 04-30-2016, 02:45 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Ford Mustang Outsells Challenger and Camaro C

......the Ford Mustang has been selling very, very well since the newest generation first went on sale late in 2014 and March 2016 was just the latest beating of the competition, with the Mustang’s total of 12,563 adding up to beat the Camaro and Challenger combined (12,248 total).

Frankly, having driven the new Camaro 1LT RS, I truly do not understand why people aren’t buying more of them. The Camaro is better in every way than the version which led the segment in sales for 5 straight years. It blows my mind that more people aren't snatching up the 6th gen models.
http://www.torquenews.com/106/ford-m....iwLQX8JI.dpuf

Seems the success of the 6gen Camaro on the track is not translating to their success at rolling off the showroom floor.

Perhaps the sting still persists from the way they kicked the retirees to the curb during the bailout, or how the Stockholders took a major hit while the Union Bosses got a seat (or was it two?) on the Board. Or could it be Joe Taxpayer taking a $40 Billion dollar hit while watching GM put part time labor on the assembly line so they wouldn't have to pay full time wages and benefits, all with the blessings of the UAW.
That soured my taste buds to the point I went out and bought a new Ford product in 2012, instead of a new GM as I had done all my adult life.
I grew up in Detroit and know a few people who put in 20+ years with GM/Chrysler, retired, and now have to try and survive on their social security checks and Medicare/Medicaid. If not for their family's, they might be living under a bridge somewhere. While all that was taking place, the exec's at GM were writing themselves bonus checks.

I'm not saying I'll never buy another GM product, but it won't be anytime soon.
Old 04-30-2016, 03:05 PM
On The Tree

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Good kill! Would read again.

Quick Reply: Ford Mustang Outsells Challenger and Camaro C