Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

Stock ls1 vs stock coyotah vs stock gt100

Search this Thread

Old 05-04-2016, 11:16 PM
11 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by big hammer
Well then you should get an LS or a Honda since both have been faster than the coyotah
I have better gaskets man...
Old 05-04-2016, 11:17 PM
10 Second Club

Received 152 Likes on 104 Posts

Originally Posted by Poppacapp
I have better gaskets man...
I hear great things about coyotah gaskets
Old 05-05-2016, 12:28 AM
7 Second Club

Received 313 Likes on 242 Posts

Originally Posted by big hammer
I hear great things about coyotah gaskets
Gasket for gasket, mod motor kills LS.
Old 05-05-2016, 08:50 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 196 Likes on 138 Posts

Neither platform came with boost so comparing which one goes faster stock with boost is dumb. Coyotes run damn hard on boost no doubt...Stock 5.3's been in the 8's, I want to say Stock LS1 has been 9's. Once you bolt turbos on a NA production car, it's splitting hairs between which one is sealed, swapped, or modded anyway. At some point the factory sealed motor is going to grenade at those power levels. Not cost effective to do with a Coyote because they are expensive motors, but it's cost effective with a 5.3 because you can go to the bone yard and buy 20 5.3's for the cost of 1 Coyote and race for years pushing the motor at its limits. Main reason why LS is popular.
Old 05-05-2016, 10:10 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by kinglt-1
Neither platform came with boost so comparing which one goes faster stock with boost is dumb. Coyotes run damn hard on boost no doubt...Stock 5.3's been in the 8's, I want to say Stock LS1 has been 9's. Once you bolt turbos on a NA production car, it's splitting hairs between which one is sealed, swapped, or modded anyway. At some point the factory sealed motor is going to grenade at those power levels. Not cost effective to do with a Coyote because they are expensive motors, but it's cost effective with a 5.3 because you can go to the bone yard and buy 20 5.3's for the cost of 1 Coyote and race for years pushing the motor at its limits. Main reason why LS is popular.
Very true unbiased statement here.
Old 05-05-2016, 10:31 AM
10 Second Club

Received 152 Likes on 104 Posts

True

And people have been pushing stock-stockish 4.8's into even the low 8's now. The smaller truck engines handle boost better than the larger car engines for several reasons
Old 05-05-2016, 07:20 PM
11 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I can agree... although I am not a fan of motor swaps. I prefer a new car with factory motor.

Quick Reply: Stock ls1 vs stock coyotah vs stock gt100