Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

C6Z06 vs Boosted Grandsport (AKA #Z06Killer)

Search this Thread

Old 02-01-2017, 04:29 PM
10 Second Club

Received 72 Likes on 37 Posts

That was patheric. Swapping the LSA for a LS3 isn't pointless but it's not needed. LS3's are stout. He could have just upgraded headunits, switched to e85, or something else. If I can beat a built Z06 on spray making over 900 then he should have done better.
Old 02-01-2017, 06:23 PM
TECH Resident

Received 19 Likes on 15 Posts

It's possible the original LS3 was blown or something, and needed to be replaced/rebuilt. That would be a good assumption for swapping it out for a LSA. Or maybe the guy has future mods planned and likes the idea of having a stouter motor for more future horses. Maybe he got a smoking deal on the LSA and couldn't pass it up for whatever reason. Or maybe dude is simply an idiot and had no idea why he swapped it in. The assumption game is very popular on the internets. Lol
Old 02-03-2017, 02:32 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by BStowers023
I agree, but if he had a perfectly good LS3 and took it out and put an LSA in there then he just wasted a lot of money regardless of how wealthy he is. Plus, there are better built longblocks you can buy for the price of an LSA that will hold more power/boost. Just doesn't make sense to me I guess is all I'm saying.
Agreed. The LSA heads do not flow better than LS3 heads. They can handle more abuse and are stronger but they DO NOT flow better. LS3 Heads flow the best...
Why would anyone put the Torque Monster LSA in a vette? A vette needs a centrifugal blower not whipple or eaton. A vette is too light and doesn't need the low end grunt that a V or a cobra needs. He probably spun his *** off.
Old 02-06-2017, 08:56 AM
TECH Resident

Received 19 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by BADMOON
Agreed. The LSA heads do not flow better than LS3 heads. They can handle more abuse and are stronger but they DO NOT flow better. LS3 Heads flow the best...
Why would anyone put the Torque Monster LSA in a vette? A vette needs a centrifugal blower not whipple or eaton. A vette is too light and doesn't need the low end grunt that a V or a cobra needs. He probably spun his *** off.
In case you missed it, the vette in this thread with the LSA has a centrifugal blower, it says a vortech V3.

Quick Reply: C6Z06 vs Boosted Grandsport (AKA #Z06Killer)