Cam-Only LS Iroc vs FBO 5.bro and GT350 - Page 2 - LS1TECH



Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

Cam-Only LS Iroc vs FBO 5.bro and GT350

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 02-04-2017, 01:52 PM   #21
On The Tree
 
Nick.H's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Tmec, CA
Posts: 102
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberGrey Z28 View Post
Yes T56 from a GTO.

In Fords defense, there was dealer stock 17 ZL1 spinning to a 8.1 also but trapping around 95mph.
I want to see what the A10 Zl1s do.
That's impressive, clean swap too. I've been really tempted to buy an LS swapped 3rd I keep seeing on Craigslist. Has 4th gen interior and brakes, LS1/T56 (I'd probably change that combo though). Body is clean but rust colored. Only problem is he's asking way too much
Nick.H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2017, 02:20 PM   #22
Teching In
 
RedFuryZ28's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2016
Location: Nebraska
Posts: 0
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by marc97taws6 View Post
Both lose to 13 second 2vs
Wrong.
RedFuryZ28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2017, 02:56 PM   #23
TECH Fanatic
iTrader: (6)
 
marc97taws6's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: DSM
Posts: 1,429
Default

There is a video of the Mystic losing to a 2v from a dig and you lost to a 13 second 2v from a dig twice in the red car.

Was the 2v the mystic Camaro raced a 14 second car? Is that where I'm wrong?
marc97taws6 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2017, 04:06 PM   #24
Teching In
 
RedFuryZ28's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2016
Location: Nebraska
Posts: 0
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by marc97taws6 View Post
There is a video of the Mystic losing to a 2v from a dig and you lost to a 13 second 2v from a dig twice in the red car.

Was the 2v the mystic Camaro raced a 14 second car? Is that where I'm wrong?
There's videos of the Mystic barely losing to a low 12 second cobra from a dig, with my 235 street tires. Your turd would have had its hands with that car, on DRs.

Last edited by RedFuryZ28; 02-04-2017 at 04:15 PM.
RedFuryZ28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2017, 04:12 PM   #25
Launching!
Thread Starter
iTrader: (4)
 
CyberGrey Z28's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 217
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick.H View Post
That's impressive, clean swap too. I've been really tempted to buy an LS swapped 3rd I keep seeing on Craigslist. Has 4th gen interior and brakes, LS1/T56 (I'd probably change that combo though). Body is clean but rust colored. Only problem is he's asking way too much
If it's a red one I know the guy. My bro helped him with the build. Would be an awesome set-up with some paint.


Auto is the way to go for the track but 6 speed is so much more engaging.

CyberGrey Z28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2017, 05:44 PM   #26
On The Tree
 
Nick.H's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Tmec, CA
Posts: 102
Default

It is kinda red, with a flat black cowl hood. Says it's in LA county. I love a 6speed but I'm too competitive and want consistent passes. I'd go with a th400 if I bought it. I'd have to shave those damn 4th gen calipers again to fit my drag pack.

https://losangeles.craigslist.org/sg...955963905.html
Nick.H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2017, 07:19 PM   #27
TECH Fanatic
iTrader: (6)
 
marc97taws6's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: DSM
Posts: 1,429
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedFuryZ28 View Post
There's videos of the Mystic barely losing to a low 12 second cobra from a dig, with my 235 street tires. Your turd would have had its hands with that car, on DRs.
Yet your red car is scared of my car?

silly goose
marc97taws6 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2017, 10:15 PM   #28
Teching In
 
RedFuryZ28's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2016
Location: Nebraska
Posts: 0
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by marc97taws6 View Post
Yet your red car is scared of my car?

silly goose
Why would a car be scared of another car that has less power and more weight?
RedFuryZ28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2017, 12:07 AM   #29
Teching In
 
BlkMach1's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: S. Fla.
Posts: 0
Default

FBO stalled = 89mph?? did they bolt on 2V parts and a lower stall than stock??
BlkMach1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2017, 07:00 AM   #30
Teching In
iTrader: (1)
 
ZYBORG's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: S. FL/TX
Posts: 20
Default

As expected, broginas already making excuses.

Nice pass.
ZYBORG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2017, 09:26 AM   #31
TECH Fanatic
iTrader: (6)
 
marc97taws6's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: DSM
Posts: 1,429
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlkMach1 View Post
FBO stalled = 89mph?? did they bolt on 2V parts and a lower stall than stock??
They must have. My stock power stock tune car hit 88 mph
marc97taws6 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2017, 03:02 PM   #32
On The Tree
iTrader: (3)
 
That_One_Person's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Evansville, Indiana
Posts: 183
Default

Good run. Not to take anything away from you but that 5.0 is running like **** for the mods especially being stalled.
That_One_Person is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2017, 09:35 PM   #33
Teching In
 
BlkMach1's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: S. Fla.
Posts: 0
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZYBORG View Post
As expected, broginas already making excuses.

Nice pass.

Im happy you finally saw the light. Congrats on the new whip.
BlkMach1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2017, 12:33 AM   #34
Staging Lane
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Posts: 62
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick.H View Post
It is kinda red, with a flat black cowl hood. Says it's in LA county. I love a 6speed but I'm too competitive and want consistent passes. I'd go with a th400 if I bought it. I'd have to shave those damn 4th gen calipers again to fit my drag pack.

https://losangeles.craigslist.org/sg...955963905.html
Holy **** 10k hahah makes me think my turdgen might be worth something someday
Cole Curtis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2017, 12:34 AM   #35
On The Tree
 
Nick.H's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Tmec, CA
Posts: 102
Default

Yeah not paying that lol
Nick.H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2017, 12:39 AM   #36
TECH Fanatic
iTrader: (13)
 
UltraZLS1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Hanover, Michigan
Posts: 1,182
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by marc97taws6 View Post
They must have. My stock power stock tune car hit 88 mph
My nearly stock power stock tune car hit 94.5. With my 260 lb *** in the driver seat
UltraZLS1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2017, 11:59 AM   #37
On The Tree
 
CamOnlyJabroni's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: Fort Wayne, IN
Posts: 181
Default

That thing sounded NOOICE on the launch. Sounded like 2nd gear needed wound out a little higher as well. GOOD WORK BATMAN
CamOnlyJabroni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2017, 12:01 PM   #38
Launching!
iTrader: (10)
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 229
Default

Chevy's are slow.
sw07gt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2017, 12:04 PM   #39
On The Tree
 
CamOnlyJabroni's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: Fort Wayne, IN
Posts: 181
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sw07gt View Post
Chevy's are slow.
CamOnlyJabroni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2017, 12:20 PM   #40
TECH Fanatic
iTrader: (6)
 
marc97taws6's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: DSM
Posts: 1,429
Default

Who would pay that much for a turd gen?
marc97taws6 is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply

Related Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
5.br0 vs LS1 vette RedFuryZ28 Street Racing & Kill Stories 5 01-11-2017 05:28 AM
FBO 96 cobra vs HCI L98 turd gen big hammer Street Racing & Kill Stories 22 07-08-2016 11:05 PM
LBO Bro vs Full Sausage LS3 Camaro V8EATR Street Racing & Kill Stories 56 06-11-2016 08:25 PM
Bolt on Bro vs. Scat Pack Challenger CamOnlyJabroni Street Racing & Kill Stories 131 01-18-2016 03:36 PM
5.0 vs everything V8EATR Street Racing & Kill Stories 34 07-05-2015 11:05 PM


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:27 AM.


 
  • Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
What's your question?
Send