Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

Cobra Kai Doing Work

Search this Thread

Old 02-08-2017, 12:05 PM
10 Second Club

Received 412 Likes on 330 Posts

Are you trying to say the cobro can't carry the rear end it came with?

Next you'll want a weight break because of the iron block. How bout a weight break for the entire termi set up with adds nearly 300lb to a car vs a aluminum na ls.

Last edited by HioSSilver; 02-08-2017 at 12:12 PM.
Old 02-08-2017, 12:17 PM
TECH Addict

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Tyler Lee Lee
And he had a passenger and you didn't?

So, his car made 60 more rwhp, but your car was around 350 pounds lighter?
Lmao stretch much?
Old 02-08-2017, 01:52 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by blk00ss
Lmao stretch much?

Not a stretch at all.

You take the weight of the passenger and the weight difference of the two cars also into the equation, just as you would take the power difference of the two cars into consideration.

Gearing, traction also play a role as well as the drivers of said cars.

Much easier to compare apples to apples when it's apples to apples.
Old 02-08-2017, 02:00 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by blk00ss
Someone say real world experience with terminators? Back when my **** made a Beasley 490hp. Against my buddies 03' which at the time was the highest hp stock blower car. I don't remember exact numbers but it was like 550ish. Ran 7.teens @101. It was no slouch by any means. But it still got drug by a subpar engine combo

https://youtu.be/3FdKllLrfMg
Probably wasn't making over 500 for the pulls.
Old 02-09-2017, 08:55 AM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by Tyler Lee Lee
Not a stretch at all.

You take the weight of the passenger and the weight difference of the two cars also into the equation, just as you would take the power difference of the two cars into consideration.

Gearing, traction also play a role as well as the drivers of said cars.

Much easier to compare apples to apples when it's apples to apples.
Leaving the passenger out would not have stopped that train.

Wouldn't apples to apples be 2 supercharged v8s running at the same boost level? How do you think those apples woulda worked out?

We're talking a na v8 vs a aftermarket boosted v8 here. That will never be apples to apples.
Old 02-09-2017, 09:51 AM
Teching In

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by HioSSilver

Wouldn't apples to apples be 2 supercharged v8s running at the same boost level? How do you think those apples woulda worked out?

We're talking a na v8 vs a aftermarket boosted v8 here. That will never be apples to apples.
Why are you just making **** up? Its a stock blower car in that video not aftermarket. And sure slap an eaton blower on the stock LS1 pushing 17psi with a stock fuel system, SBE, and Stock injectors. Lets see how well that goes.
Old 02-09-2017, 10:49 AM
TECH Resident

Received 19 Likes on 15 Posts

You're just making stuff up to favor the side that you favor. Nothing new. If said cars make the same power, doesn't matter how its made. The power output is the apples to apples.
Old 02-09-2017, 11:58 AM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by 2003Cobro
Why are you just making **** up? Its a stock blower car in that video not aftermarket. And sure slap an eaton blower on the stock LS1 pushing 17psi with a stock fuel system, SBE, and Stock injectors. Lets see how well that goes.
Stip that **** yo

Hey let's see how your turd runs na.

Misread stock blower mang....nbd. you should see what i do to termis on the stock blower with a sra.
Originally Posted by R6cowboy
You're just making stuff up to favor the side that you favor. Nothing new. If said cars make the same power, doesn't matter how its made. The power output is the apples to apples.
Not making anything up. Sure it matters how it's made. One can make the power n/a the other just can't. If i walk up on m car and it runs x time and it's boosted then i walk up on c car that's n/a and it runs the same x time then c car is more impressive.
Old 02-09-2017, 12:15 PM
Teching In

Stip that **** yo

Hey let's see how your turd runs na.

Misread stock blower mang....nbd. you should see what i do to termis on the stock blower with a sra.
Lol Stip?? So what you really meant is watch what happens when i pull the motor tear it down, build it up with a bigger and stronger motor, then put it back in, then do a complete blower fuel system on the car, then put the blower on it. Then we will see how it stacks up to your near stock pullied cobra. You have now reached full retard. Maybe you started doing weight reduction on your brain??
Old 02-09-2017, 12:34 PM
TECH Resident

Not making anything up. Sure it matters how it's made. One can make the power n/a the other just can't. If i walk up on m car and it runs x time and it's boosted then i walk up on c car that's n/a and it runs the same x time then c car is more impressive.
Now you're not even on point. What's more impressive to someone is not the point. Lol...
Two different v8's making the same power (regardless of how they make the power whether it be via displacement, induction, etc. differences) is an apples to apples comparison.
Old 02-09-2017, 12:41 PM
TECH Resident

Lol Stip?? So what you really meant is watch what happens when i pull the motor tear it down, build it up with a bigger and stronger motor, then put it back in, then do a complete blower fuel system on the car, then put the blower on it. Then we will see how it stacks up to your near stock pullied cobra. You have now reached full retard. Maybe you started doing weight reduction on your brain??
Yeah, both different engines having superchargers at the same boost is apples to apples, but cubic inches, etc. is not. He can't look outside his box of favoritism so its pointless. Can't even recognize his own stips.
Old 02-10-2017, 10:04 AM
Teching In

Engine size or whether it has a blower is irrelevant.

Weight, horsepower and traction are in a roll race.
Old 02-10-2017, 10:52 AM
Banned

Why can't a cammed, stroked, FBO, ported blower cobro pull past a mild hci ls1 from a roll?
Old 02-10-2017, 11:11 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 88 Likes on 62 Posts

I remember when I was slow enough to race Cobras. Oh how time flies!

Old 02-10-2017, 12:07 PM
10 Second Club

Lol...wow... like a ******* near stock pullied cobro is that fast. Yours never left the 12s.

Why would i have to build a ls to make the power a cobro makes? Been proven lots they can do that and more. How bout you try and make that modular make the power a ls does n/a. You know when the engine actually had to breathe on it's own.
Now you're not even on point. What's more impressive to someone is not the point. Lol...
Two different v8's making the same power (regardless of how they make the power whether it be via displacement, induction, etc. differences) is an apples to apples comparison.
No it's not....not at all. Two engines running at the same manifold pressure is a direct comparison.

**** last time at the track when i ran with my car there was a guy there. He had a t/a. All he would say is its big...with a f1 blower....it's big. He looked at the back of a ls6 camaro till the last 100ft when he pulled even. Is that a direct comparison?

Very much the point
Yeah, both different engines having superchargers at the same boost is apples to apples, but cubic inches, etc. is not. He can't look outside his box of favoritism so its pointless. Can't even recognize his own stips.
Well.....it's been proven the 5.3/4.8 smack around the furd stuff on boost to......so you're point was?

I look at all angles. 2 engines running at different atmospheres is not direct.....furd guys will argue that. Cubes?.....well gm don't make a 4.6 performance engine. Wtf am i supposed to do about that.....so they cry cubes. Nothing stopping them from building /boring/stroking one.....except they know it still won't keep up to a ls with the same "effort". Key word right there to be fair i expect the same "effort". That means if you build i build. As where furd guys expect a gift like they should be able to build what they want to just "equal" the ls.

Anyone that see's it any different than that is showing favoritism.
Old 02-10-2017, 12:21 PM
Teching In

Lol...wow... like a ******* near stock pullied cobro is that fast. Yours never left the 12s.

Why would i have to build a ls to make the power a cobro makes? Been proven lots they can do that and more. How bout you try and make that modular make the power a ls does n/a. You know when the engine actually had to breathe on it's own.
Lol nice work changing the subject there. You keep saying "Throw a blower on the camero and see what happens". We know what will happen it will blow the **** up. And yes with my 2 total trips to the 1/4 track i managed a best of 12.01. Plenty of guys on svtp with similar set ups go ~11.50s. I guess my set up was not "proper". I mean **** you had to do a MOTOR SWAP and HACK your car to go low 11s.

Your original quote for referance below
The answer stays the same it will blow up. Poor cheby.
Old 02-10-2017, 12:25 PM
7 Second Club

Received 313 Likes on 242 Posts

hahahaha...I knew it was only a matter of time till Hiocrew came in here crying like lil bitches.

PS. Takes a built 408 with a 88mm terbo to give me a good run at the track. 5.3,4.8 and 6.0 don't come close...so there's that.

Just got a baby 281 with an 80mm in my cobra...damn huh?
Old 02-10-2017, 12:26 PM
10 Second Club

My car is far from hacked. When i do post pics of the comments are usually more about how clean and niceit is. So you can shut the **** up about that that and stop lying .

More lying about 11s.....do i need to post the vid again for the 100th time of it goin tens in full street gear?

And no matter how you slice your furd was not gonna get there n/a

After all the crying when it didn't go 10s it gets more now that it does....that makes me lol at the bitches crying.
Old 02-10-2017, 12:31 PM
7 Second Club

Received 313 Likes on 242 Posts

.......that makes me lol at the bitches crying.
You must LOL at yourself a lot ...man.
Old 02-10-2017, 02:52 PM
TECH Regular

Received 18 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by islander033
hahahaha...I knew it was only a matter of time till Hiocrew came in here crying like lil bitches.

PS. Takes a built 408 with a 88mm terbo to give me a good run at the track. 5.3,4.8 and 6.0 don't come close...so there's that.

Just got a baby 281 with an 80mm in my cobra...damn huh?
I like u i think ur car is very fast and very nice but u don't really believe that do u i mean I'm not faster than u and I don't have a quarter track here but my 5.3 and a box stock s475 has seen times that aren't way off of what u run add 80 cubes and a nice turbo and it's right there I mean Justin my friend did it with a 5.3 and an s484

Quick Reply: Cobra Kai Doing Work