Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

Raced a terminator today!!

Search this Thread

Old 02-17-2017, 03:37 PM
On The Tree

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by NOMIEZVR4
its hilarious every ford vs. gm thread ends up with bashing..
I'm not bashing anybody. Just adding some reality
Old 02-17-2017, 04:11 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Nick.H
Then why did JP's go 121mph in 88° heat? Pulley exhaust and tune. I think you're painting with a broad brush. I mean cmon dude go look at the fast list. Fastest pulley only cobra went 11.05 @ 126. You're being like the Ford dudes who say cam only fbodies don't reach 11's ever. Again, these are real world experiences that I've seen.
Lol no "pulley only" car is trapping 126 without some serious weight reduction. And JP only pulled 3 lengths on your 105ish trapping car.
Old 02-17-2017, 04:32 PM
On The Tree

That doesn't change the fact he trapped 121. You on the other hand still have a 0mph trap. You say you go watch races at your local track, why not actually race?

By the way, this isn't me being a dick, I'm actually curious
Old 02-17-2017, 05:13 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by 2003Cobro
Lulz. Must have not been proper. When i was pullied I beat 3 modded C5Zs, easy money.
Hard to say. The only thing I can be sure of is that he had 2 gauges on his A-piller. The only thing I can think of is that he was trying to monitor more than the stock 10lbs of boost they make.

That's why I think it was pulley and exhaust. Car was loud!! But who knows.
Old 02-17-2017, 05:19 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by Mike Morris
Stock Cobra is a high 12 second car and traps 110-113 depending on air. Stock post 01 is a low 12 second car and traps 117 ish. A pulley tune will not close that gap especially on the street. However lots of variables on the street so anything can happen.
This makes sense! I ran my Z a few months ago at Maryland International Raceway. They have great track prep and are known for outstanding DA. I ran 12.2 @115mph on the exact same setup I ran against this cobra.

I find it hard to believe that it was bone stock. Who would put a 2 gauge A-piller pod on a stock car?
Old 02-17-2017, 05:47 PM
On The Tree

You'd be surprised lol. But never the less C5Z is a stout car and a very tough race for most cobras
Old 02-17-2017, 05:58 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by 00Vette
This makes sense! I ran my Z a few months ago at Maryland International Raceway. They have great track prep and are known for outstanding DA. I ran 12.2 @115mph on the exact same setup I ran against this cobra.
Good runs! Mir is fantastic from what I hear.
Old 02-17-2017, 06:01 PM
10 Second Club

Received 412 Likes on 330 Posts

The problem i see here is there is no rhyme or reason to the cobras. Lots of variables in what a "pulley" is. Basic pulley cobra will likely blow up with out a tune. So there is no such thing as just a pullied cobro. It's gonna have a tune also. Basic pulley cobro not gonna touch 120.....especially if its a 2.93 pulley.

Then you have lower pulleys too. Is that still pulley/tune only with a lower pulley also?

My friends had a couple cobros back in the day. Pulley (2.76 atleast may have had a lower also) intake/tune/exhaust/drag pack he went like 11.8@119. Now that's not yakkin the seats out but that was leaving on it pretty good with a drag pak. He may have went a little quicker on another day idk. That's what he went the day i seen him.

Most times i see them setting around with ice on the intake for a glory run. I could see one running 126 fbo and weight reduction. They are the epitome of a glory run car.
Old 02-17-2017, 06:10 PM
Banned

That doesn't change the fact he trapped 121. You on the other hand still have a 0mph trap. You say you go watch races at your local track, why not actually race?

By the way, this isn't me being a dick, I'm actually curious
Maybe because I really don't care what my car actually runs. And not running it keeps people like you hating. Haters make me famous!

And Where's JP's slip? It was probably a timer issue, just like everyone says about Hio's times.
Old 02-17-2017, 06:17 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by marc97taws6
Good runs! Mir is fantastic from what I hear.
You ain't kidding! I can't wait to run with a better clutch and some DR's.
Old 02-17-2017, 06:30 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by 00Vette
You ain't kidding! I can't wait to run with a better clutch and some DR's.
Have done the whole all season Street tire runs before. Sketchy a small hell. Get some DRs! Safer for you too
Old 02-17-2017, 06:32 PM
10 Second Club

Have done the whole all season Street tire runs before. Sketchy a small hell. Get some DRs! Safer for you too
Yeah, I know.. problem is money. Clutch first, then LT headers, then tires.

I got money for headers now, but want the clutch first so I'm saving up for it.
Old 02-17-2017, 06:38 PM
TECH Fanatic

Good man! Keep saving and lean into it
Old 02-17-2017, 06:39 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by HioSSilver
The problem i see here is there is no rhyme or reason to the cobras. Lots of variables in what a "pulley" is. Basic pulley cobra will likely blow up with out a tune. So there is no such thing as just a pullied cobro. It's gonna have a tune also. Basic pulley cobro not gonna touch 120.....especially if its a 2.93 pulley.

Then you have lower pulleys too. Is that still pulley/tune only with a lower pulley also?

My friends had a couple cobros back in the day. Pulley (2.76 atleast may have had a lower also) intake/tune/exhaust/drag pack he went like 11.8@119. Now that's not yakkin the seats out but that was leaving on it pretty good with a drag pak. He may have went a little quicker on another day idk. That's what he went the day i seen him.

Most times i see them setting around with ice on the intake for a glory run. I could see one running 126 fbo and weight reduction. They are the epitome of a glory run car.
Well sounds like you guys didn't do something right. JP went 12.1 @ 121 on a hot day street setup no WR. No drag pack either
Originally Posted by RedFuryZ28
Maybe because I really don't care what my car actually runs. And not running it keeps people like you hating. Haters make me famous!

And Where's JP's slip? It was probably a timer issue, just like everyone says about Hio's times.
He can chime in with it I don't keep his slips handy. And if you don't care what your car runs then you shouldn't be poking fun at others for theirs. Because you basically just admitted that if your car runs like **** then you don't know/don't care
Old 02-17-2017, 06:40 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 61 Likes on 50 Posts

MIR is only good for track rentals last couple of years. When I lived up there Etown,Atco and Cecil were faster
Old 02-17-2017, 06:43 PM
TECH Fanatic

Every track is better at track rentals. Long lines and idiots on street tires eat it up
Old 02-17-2017, 07:05 PM
Banned

Well sounds like you guys didn't do something right. JP went 12.1 @ 121 on a hot day street setup no WR. No drag pack either

He can chime in with it I don't keep his slips handy. And if you don't care what your car runs then you shouldn't be poking fun at others for theirs. Because you basically just admitted that if your car runs like **** then you don't know/don't care
I've raced plenty of cobros in the past, from a dig/roll, both stock and modded. They perform like **** for a supercharged 4v v8. Without an aftermarket blower or Turbo, they're not not that fast. Simple as that.
Old 02-17-2017, 07:07 PM
10 Second Club

Dude, I just noticed your thing says Tmec, Ca!!! You from Temecula? I grew up in San Jacinto and Hemet.

BTW, did you notice that the OP your bantering with has no posts? Whats up with that? I'm not trying to get into it, just an observation.
Old 02-17-2017, 07:07 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by Mike Morris
MIR is only good for track rentals last couple of years. When I lived up there Etown,Atco and Cecil were faster
Why do you say that? I went on a TnT day, got 4 runs in because I took a few breaks and ran pretty decent ET IMO.
Old 02-17-2017, 07:10 PM
10 Second Club

Every track is better at track rentals. Long lines and idiots on street tires eat it up
I agree that what your saying is the element that makes track rentals better than normal track visits.

But wondering why the OP says the other tracks are faster. I'll have to give them try as I've heard MIR is one of the fastest. I also have seen several cars break records at MIR. I don't know first hand, but have heard the other tracks around here are not in very good condition.

Guess I need to go check it out for myself.

Quick Reply: Raced a terminator today!!