Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

Sexgen vs S550 local action

Old 03-07-2017, 11:04 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by HioSSilver
Lol....more like 115-120 maybe.

I seen 6gens advertised for 32k.

Mark up on gt350s are outta sight. When talking price points the furd guys never consider that tho.

Any way to monitor/log fuel pressure on it?

Ls stuff will feel just as you described with a fuel filter that's not even to bad.

Thanks for continuing to share your progress.
There is and I can. I will find the PID and see what I can see. That is actually a good idea since my WB fuel line looks like the Rockies. I usually get a straight up flat line when I am done tuning. I wonder if it is a fueling thing. I hadn't considered it since it is a brand new car.
Old 03-07-2017, 12:09 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 61 Likes on 50 Posts

I was referring to sticker price. Out here minus the mark up on them(in Florida) I have not seen a SS sticker less than 45K. Eeck. I see V8 Mustangs for much less on sticker. Now what people are actually buying them for I do not know.
Old 03-07-2017, 12:26 PM
7 Second Club

Received 313 Likes on 242 Posts

Originally Posted by marc97taws6
...I agree that gt350 dealer markups are sad. Anybody paying over msrp is an idiot though so I don't know what to tell them.
ADM is stoopid to pay.

GT350 is way less sticker than fif gen Z28 was...and beets it. Prolly isn't that bad of a deal for a car with that capabilities.
Originally Posted by Mike Morris
I was referring to sticker price. Out here minus the mark up on them(in Florida) I have not seen a SS sticker less than 45K. Eeck. I see V8 Mustangs for much less on sticker. Now what people are actually buying them for I do not know.
Sis gen SS is spendy, pretty much priced out of the market. It should be killing pony car sales with how good it is in stock form....
Old 03-07-2017, 05:52 PM
TECH Fanatic

I did some street pulls in the car today. In the heat I was able to get it to hold up to 26* of timing at 13.0ish AFR. I was getting KR at the track in the cold at 20* and 12.3 AFR. So, IDK WTF. I am working on it some more tomorrow. I did find some TQ tables that were a little low and were causing the TB blade to close down low. Hopefully that is corrected now. If I get some time I am going to throw the tires on it and find a nice secluded road and work on my 0-60 times. If I can get those to 3.4 or under then it will go 11 teens. I think some cam timing adjustments are in order also. I will need a dyno for that probably. There is a race Friday night that I may try to hit depending on the weather. This dang car will go 11.20's@122+ on pump gas or I will break it getting it there.
Old 03-07-2017, 06:12 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 55 Likes on 40 Posts

Originally Posted by Pray
I did some street pulls in the car today. In the heat I was able to get it to hold up to 26* of timing at 13.0ish AFR. I was getting KR at the track in the cold at 20* and 12.3 AFR. So, IDK WTF. I am working on it some more tomorrow. I did find some TQ tables that were a little low and were causing the TB blade to close down low. Hopefully that is corrected now. If I get some time I am going to throw the tires on it and find a nice secluded road and work on my 0-60 times. If I can get those to 3.4 or under then it will go 11 teens. I think some cam timing adjustments are in order also. I will need a dyno for that probably. There is a race Friday night that I may try to hit depending on the weather. This dang car will go 11.20's@122+ on pump gas or I will break it getting it there.
That would be 10.9 on e85.

You plan on trying again soon?

What about Tim? I thought you guys were gonna run together soon....? We need more fast bolt on cars on the list.

I hope to go at least 11.2 on E next month. Ill be really shocked if I don't.
Old 03-07-2017, 06:40 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by UltraZLS1
That would be 10.9 on e85.

You plan on trying again soon?

What about Tim? I thought you guys were gonna run together soon....? We need more fast bolt on cars on the list.

I hope to go at least 11.2 on E next month. Ill be really shocked if I don't.
An 11.2 on pump would be a high 11.8 low 11.9 in this car. E makes up a bit of tq in the middle I can't duplicate on pump. That gets the 60ft down so the car ET's better than it MPH's.

I think you will do a bit better than 11.2 on E in anything near 0 DA.

Tim and I have run in the past. With him a hair more modded back then we ran dead even a few times. His is also a 1SS. No dig races though. I honestly think from a dig that MSD would take a sick beating. But that is just me. People way underestimate the importance of TQ and the 60ft with this car. Especially on the stock converter. The MPH could play out very close in the 1/4 though depending on shift points. I don't think we will get a chance at the track any time soon.

I was going to go back to the track on Friday night but I just got forbidden. The weather is probably going to get really good. I wouldn't even know what to do with myself if the DA actually dropped while I got the car all dialed in. One of my kids has a performance I didn't know about. With all the things I have missed in their lives over the past 12 years I don't miss anything anymore. I saw my oldest for a total of 6 months out of the first three years of her life.
Old 03-07-2017, 06:53 PM
TECH Fanatic

An 11.2 on pump would be a high 11.8 low 11.9 in this car. E makes up a bit of tq in the middle I can't duplicate on pump. That gets the 60ft down so the car ET's better than it MPH's.

I think you will do a bit better than 11.2 on E in anything near 0 DA.

Tim and I have run in the past. With him a hair more modded back then we ran dead even a few times. His is also a 1SS. No dig races though. I honestly think from a dig that MSD would take a sick beating. But that is just me. People way underestimate the importance of TQ and the 60ft with this car. Especially on the stock converter. The MPH could play out very close in the 1/4 though depending on shift points. I don't think we will get a chance at the track any time soon.

I was going to go back to the track on Friday night but I just got forbidden. The weather is probably going to get really good. I wouldn't even know what to do with myself if the DA actually dropped while I got the car all dialed in. One of my kids has a performance I didn't know about. With all the things I have missed in their lives over the past 12 years I don't miss anything anymore. I saw my oldest for a total of 6 months out of the first three years of her life.
Weather here has been all over the place. Literally in the 50s and 60s one day and 20s and 30s the next. DA could be as high as about 1500 and as low as about -500 if I was to guess.

Im just worried about hooking up mainly. I haven't been impressed with Milan last few trips. And now with even more power im worried it wont take an off idle smash. Ive never seen them spray any traction compound any time ive been there on test and tune.

If I dead hook in some good DA I have hopes for a 10.9. But that's a big if. Im also not able to adjust things like you. If I don't like how the car is running ill have to wait for another trip and another revision.

Family is most important for sure. do what you got to do man
Old 03-07-2017, 06:59 PM
TECH Fanatic

Weather here has been all over the place. Literally in the 50s and 60s one day and 20s and 30s the next. DA could be as high as about 1500 and as low as about -500 if I was to guess.

Im just worried about hooking up mainly. I haven't been impressed with Milan last few trips. And now with even more power im worried it wont take an off idle smash. Ive never seen them spray any traction compound any time ive been there on test and tune.

If I dead hook in some good DA I have hopes for a 10.9. But that's a big if. Im also not able to adjust things like you. If I don't like how the car is running ill have to wait for another trip and another revision.

I am buying HPT as well. I will pull my money track trans tune and send it to you. I have a bit more experimenting to do with it to stop tire spin down track and leave some semblance of TM in it with out hurting ET. I don't ever worry about spin with this wheel/tire combo. I have actually never been able to turn them over on the track off the line. .
Old 03-07-2017, 07:29 PM
TECH Fanatic

I am buying HPT as well. I will pull my money track trans tune and send it to you. I have a bit more experimenting to do with it to stop tire spin down track and leave some semblance of TM in it with out hurting ET. I don't ever worry about spin with this wheel/tire combo. I have actually never been able to turn them over on the track off the line. .
thanks. parts are going on this weekend. Probably start driving it and tuning it the weekend after.

Must be nice.
The night I ran the 11.68 I did not dead hook. It was a 1.73 60ft. I think my car has an 11.5 in it with stock tune and drag pack. Just cai and ptb. Damn track closed before I got another chance. It was -400 DA. Ive never got anything better than a 1.70 so far.
Old 03-07-2017, 10:56 PM
11 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Thanks brother, you too. Sorry I had to bail. It was either leave or light the car on fire. I think being at the track voids my insurance.
Lol yeah it would. And the black boxes on these things nowadays can pinpoint the location when stuff happens too. I'm pretty sure the dealer can go in and verify whether or not the car was at the track if they really wanted to for a warranty failure(if they are a dick dealer that is)
Old 03-07-2017, 11:03 PM
11 Second Club

Didn't you get the ET Street R radials? They should hook on a dirt road they are so good. Love mine so far. Go with 17psi cold before burnout.
Old 03-08-2017, 12:17 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Poppacapp
Didn't you get the ET Street R radials? They should hook on a dirt road they are so good. Love mine so far. Go with 17psi cold before burnout.
Yes I have them. 305/45/17. I run them at 16-18 psi.

Like I said I think they are skimping on prep on test n tune nights. Cold track with no prep it's hit or miss. If i skimp on the burnout at all or am not perfectly in the groove I'm screwed. Even if I nail the launch I get a bit of spin on the 1-2 shift.

Really hoping I got a good track on April 8th
Old 03-08-2017, 12:33 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Like I said I think they are skimping on prep on test n tune nights. Cold track with no prep it's hit or miss. If i skimp on the burnout at all or am not perfectly in the groove I'm screwed. Even if I nail the launch I get a bit of spin on the 1-2 shift.

Is Milan busy? In other words how many passes do you get on a test and tune day?
Old 03-08-2017, 12:51 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by corysmach1
Is Milan busy? In other words how many passes do you get on a test and tune day?
Not really. Maybe about 30 cars or so. But I only went twice last year. Both times I could have gotten in 10-15 passes within about 2 hours. I usually do a few and let the car cool and the DA drop. I got 13 passes in on 2 trips last year.
Old 03-08-2017, 03:08 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Not really. Maybe about 30 cars or so. But I only went twice last year. Both times I could have gotten in 10-15 passes within about 2 hours. I usually do a few and let the car cool and the DA drop. I got 13 passes in on 2 trips last year.
Oh wow that's awesome!! Thanks buddy.
Old 03-08-2017, 04:57 AM
TECH Fanatic

I think a little bit of spin would actually help the cause off the line with the stock converter. If there was a bit of tire speed through the 2,600 rpm range it would be beneficial. I am pretty sure that on my 1.577 60ft I did a real light burn out or just skipped it that pass and spun a hair out of the hole. But with dead hooking I have run 12 passes within .003 of each other. I would murder a bracket race in this car.
Old 03-08-2017, 11:05 PM
11 Second Club

Damn.. those are some good tires too. Hopefully they will get some good prep down and you get some good times when they open. Good luck with it mang.

I think a little bit of spin would actually help the cause off the line with the stock converter. If there was a bit of tire speed through the 2,600 rpm range it would be beneficial. I am pretty sure that on my 1.577 60ft I did a real light burn out or just skipped it that pass and spun a hair out of the hole. But with dead hooking I have run 12 passes within .003 of each other. I would murder a bracket race in this car.
Thats kind of how mine is... I usually know exactly what the car will run all day long in the first 2 passes. Only thing that would really affect it is the IATs creeping up in the staging lanes etc. I try to keep things as consistent as I can when I am running to narrow down how to get the better time. I am kind of OCD about things like you are.
Old 03-09-2017, 09:01 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Fast02Z06
Goes both ways. The gt350 is outrageously overpriced (smh), On the other hand a fully loaded 2ss coupe fifty with mrc and sunroof, navi etc will be around 48k in manual and almost 50k for an A8. That is ridiculous for a damn Camaro and I own one. Yes maybe a base 1ss manual with absolutely zero options can be found for 33-34k but I would buy a base 5.0 and add a blower (maybe 4k more), OR a used C7 Z51.

Yes, I guess this is true...

My wife's 16' 2SS was stickered at $45,400.. They didn't want to deal much on it, I had got it down to $42,000 but they pumped a couple extra into my trade I wasn't expecting so.... I felt like I got it for $40k+TTL... Not "cheap" by any stretch but I felt it was worth that. That was April/May of last year before they really started dealing on them. Now I see 2SS A8s for $35k....VERY reasonable in my mind.

As for sticker price, who in their right mind actually pays any attention to sticker price? I damn sure wouldnt use that for price shopping other brands.

I have never paid within $5k of sticker price on anything I have ever bought that was over a $15k car.

Last edited by ajrothm; 03-09-2017 at 09:12 AM.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Sexgen vs S550 local action