Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

2015 1le cam only e85 vs s550 5.0 fbo shelby manifold e85

Search this Thread

Old 03-03-2017, 02:38 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by UltraZLS1
Not the same.

Tune on 5.0 is similar to mild cam swap. Adjustment of both intake and exhaust valve Extended rpm range. Sweet cause it gains more initially not sweet cuz gain less from actual swap and pay twice as much.

All in all these cars are similarly modded. As expected if the ls3 is proper. It will have far more hp and tq than any bolt on coyote. Good vid.
BOOM, headshot!
Old 03-03-2017, 02:39 PM
7 Second Club

Received 313 Likes on 242 Posts

No I didn't say that. When it's 40 bucks a gallon and heavily oxygenated for the purpose of adding more power. It's a power adder.

Not mad at anything. Not the same as the valve timing available to the lt1. The timing can be advanced that's it. Which does nothing to bolt on car. Coyote full adjustment. Hence more gains from tune. Less from actual swap. No hate just facts.
So...there are lines drawn for oxygenated fuels? Where is the cutoff for power adder qualification?

GM VVT comes up short according to you and your mad at superior forms of VVT.... got it.
Old 03-03-2017, 02:40 PM
Teching In

Received 115 Likes on 87 Posts

Originally Posted by V8EATR
Oh its cheaper, no argument there. If you do the work yourself, the difference isn't as much as everyone thinks it is. I can get a comp cam set for $1500 or I can get Intake cams for $825 that give 20whp and don't require any other mods. Your car runs good, good runs, been to the track yet?
I agree. L&M appears to have a great set of intake cams for $800 bucks with no support mods necessary. Gained 20whp on an auto 5.0.
Old 03-03-2017, 02:40 PM
Launching!

Received 41 Likes on 22 Posts

You know GM guys are really whiny as **** when the complain that Ford has a superior design and it's not fair how much can be changed with just a tune. They feel opening the motor and replacing internal bits and pieces is somehow the same thing.

No, advantage to Ford for building a motor with those capabilities.
Old 03-03-2017, 02:46 PM
Teching In

Bros raging with no real rationale as to how the lighter 5.0 with more mods just got dogwalked!
Old 03-03-2017, 02:46 PM
10 Second Club

Received 412 Likes on 330 Posts

Originally Posted by sw07gt
All fuel is a power adder and no one truly has an NA car or no fuel is a power adder. You pick.
Well i suppose if the other fuels are heavily oxygenated then yes they are a power adder to. For sure not a common fuel.
Originally Posted by islander033
Yes the OPG can break and eat itself under those conditions I mentioned.

Less common than GM motors eating themselves, and that's weird because at my track GM cars seem to race less than Ford cars.
Ok.....so they need help to stay alive. All you had to say.

In my part of the woods way more furds eat themselves. I even fixed my notch. It ate itself. Didn't yours eat itself to? Corey had one eat itself also.
So a cam swap on a coyote is 3k, but on a LS car its $350? So you don't need any springs or pushrods with your $350 cam? Also I can get NSR intake from L&M for my car for $825 and put them in myself and gain 20whp.
Well....actually there are drop in cams that need nothing other than a cam.
Not the same. FTW is heavily oxygenated. FTW is a power adder

Tune on 5.0 is similar to mild cam swap. Adjustment of both intake and exhaust valve Extended rpm range. Sweet cause it gains more initially not sweet cuz gain less from actual swap and pay twice as much.

All in all these cars are similarly modded. As expected if the ls3 is proper. It will have far more hp and tq than any bolt on coyote. Good vid.
Yup....one would think the way these guys cry about rockers that they would be against adjusting anything that touches oil. They must be biased.
Originally Posted by sw07gt
**** like this is why I had to quit being a GM guy. Fuel power adders and tunes = camp swap.

What in the actual ****?
You are a hillary supporter so they can have you.
Originally Posted by islander033
So you consider any oxygenated fuel a power adder?

Are you mad at all VVT motors or just the coyotah?
Vvt love here. But if you adjust it then it's like a cam swap. Be no different than changing the cam timing on a non vvt engine.
Old 03-03-2017, 02:48 PM
Teching In

5.0 motor is more technologically advanced.

LS motor much smaller, lighter, economical, simpler and EFFICIENT. More power and tons more torque.
Old 03-03-2017, 02:50 PM
Launching!

Sorry you bought such a shitty motor mayne.
Old 03-03-2017, 02:51 PM
Teching In

Best part is old crusty 5G is a superior overall car. Landslide vs s197 and edges out the 6th generation / newer gt....

The bros can keep the interior..... lol
Old 03-03-2017, 02:52 PM
Teching In

I see sw is on bath salts today..... poor guy has lost it!
Old 03-03-2017, 02:57 PM
Staging Lane

Received 19 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by HioSSilver
Well i suppose if the other fuels are heavily oxygenated then yes they are a power adder to. For sure not a common fuel.

In my part of the woods way more furds eat themselves. I even fixed my notch. It ate itself. Didn't yours eat itself to? Corey had one eat itself also.

Well....actually there are drop in cams that need nothing other than a cam.

Yup....one would think the way these guys cry about rockers that they would be against adjusting anything that touches oil. They must be biased.

You are a hillary supporter so they can have you.

Vvt love here. But if you adjust it then it's like a cam swap. Be no different than changing the cam timing on a non vvt engine.
Right, and they suck. You would be stupid to change the cam to one of those and not change anything else. Huge waste of time and you know it.
Old 03-03-2017, 02:57 PM
7 Second Club

Originally Posted by HioSSilver
Where is the line?
Nope, see the parameters I stated above.
Nope. I got my 4.6 already hurt from a lean event...wasn't the motor's fault. It was user error, it didn't eat its self like a dropped valve or broken OPG.

So your mad at Ford tech too because it's better than GM tech huh?

You still gonna be mad at Ford VVT when GM puts out a DOHC V8 that can do the same?
Old 03-03-2017, 03:02 PM
Teching In

Right, and they suck. You would be stupid to change the cam to one of those and not change anything else. Huge waste of time and you know it.
Meanwhile, back at the farm.... you justify doing 4 cams on the yote for a measly 20hp and triple the money and quadruple the work!

LeL mayne, L e L !
Old 03-03-2017, 03:06 PM
Launching!

If I put really small jets in my car will it go back to being NA?
Old 03-03-2017, 03:24 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 55 Likes on 40 Posts

Yes the coyote design in respect to gaining more from a tune is superior. But the trade off is less total gains from actual cam swap. More expense. And less total power output NA. Pros and cons. Not sure I'd be mad about that. Both are good attributes

No if and when GM builds this dohc mods can be compared more apples to apples because the motors will be similar. Common sense. And if I had to guess it will outshine its ford counterparts. Like always
Old 03-03-2017, 03:27 PM
Staging Lane

Received 19 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by ZYBORG
Meanwhile, back at the farm.... you justify doing 4 cams on the yote for a measly 20hp and triple the money and quadruple the work!

LeL mayne, L e L !
So if I do it, its a joke, but if Hio spends 10x that to go a couple tenths faster that's completely jusitifed? Just wanna make sure you get your BS straight.

Edit: Also its 2 cams for 20hp and thats the same amount as your LS cam kit so you are wrong again. You really suck at trolling.
Old 03-03-2017, 03:27 PM
Teching In

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by ZYBORG

LeL mayne, L e L !
Lolz.. I chuckled hard
Old 03-03-2017, 03:41 PM
Teching In

Ultra imparting that knowledge on them hoes!!!
Old 03-03-2017, 03:43 PM
7 Second Club

No if and when GM builds this dohc mods can be compared more apples to apples because the motors will be similar. Common sense. And if I had to guess it will outshine its ford counterparts. Like always
It should be way better, DOHC and cubes will be nasty.
Originally Posted by Bambino1le
Lolz.. I chuckled hard
I thought I heard a gargle then choke noise. lol

6300 rpm?
Old 03-03-2017, 03:44 PM
TECH Regular

Received 18 Likes on 8 Posts

So in theory my tuner should change there price scale according to this thread. It's 500 for the first tune when internal mods or power adders have been done and 250 if it's bolt on and better fuel so now he should charge 500 for just tuning FTW ???

Quick Reply: 2015 1le cam only e85 vs s550 5.0 fbo shelby manifold e85