Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

Killed LT-1 6spd.

Search this Thread

Old 01-01-2005, 11:30 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Killed LT-1 6spd.

What's up guys. You know I don't usually street race. Also normally i wouldn't race are own kind but this dude had it coming for him. Some dude has got a Hunter Green Z here in B.G. with a cowl hood and a SS spoiler on it and he is always messsing with me every time we meet on the street. So tonight I was fealing a little froggie it being the new year and all. So I was leaving work and here comes my "buddy" in his Camaro. He paces me going down the road and he starts reving at me with his Flowmaster muffler that sounds like the baffles have rusted out of it. So I just look at him and shake my head well he keeps doing it. So I start to get mad. Well we came up to a red light and low and behold were the first ones at the light. Well he's over there reving and I just sit there and look at him and gave him a nod. Well we wait for the light and it go green. We both stomp it and I hooked good and was already pulling on him. Then a shifted into 2nd and spun like crazy with my nice Suckho tires/Kumho's. I stayed in it until 60. Then I shut it down. Well while all of this was going on I pulled a car length on him. After that needless to say he didn't pull back next to me and start reving. So maybe he got the point and needs to go modding his car more.

Last edited by skewba98z28; 01-02-2005 at 04:58 AM.
Old 01-01-2005, 11:37 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Nice kill. Sounds like he needs a new exhaust. Watch those LT1s they can be plenty quick too though.
Old 01-02-2005, 02:15 AM
TECH Senior Member

Get over yourself man. You're not king of the road just because you drive an LS1.
Old 01-02-2005, 04:49 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by enisguy
Get over yourself man. You're not king of the road just because you drive an LS1.
Yeah no **** I'm not trying to be. I never claim my car is fast to anybody because it's not by no means. Just at this instance this guy drove me nuts and i had to race him. Yeah I know your a moderator in all and I'm not trying to start anything but this is the street racing kill stories section. This is the section where you brag about your kill or tell about you getting killed. Yeah i know there are some fast lt1's out there. I know a few people who have some. But this car I raced is ragged out and bone stock and the guy drives around like he's the ****. Sorry I just thought it was kinda funny and thought I would share it with the board. I didn't mean to offend anybody. I mean it's not like it is a big secret that a stock ls1 will beat a stock lt1 is it. Honestly I really don't care which one is faster I love all camaro's. Also I beat your 94 is fast as hell and I'd love to have a supercharged f-body. Oh and by the way I deleted the last line form my first post so I don't catch anymore flack from anybody else.

Last edited by skewba98z28; 01-02-2005 at 04:58 AM.
Old 01-02-2005, 06:20 AM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by skewba98z28
Yeah no **** I'm not trying to be. I never claim my car is fast to anybody because it's not by no means. Just at this instance this guy drove me nuts and i had to race him. Yeah I know your a moderator in all and I'm not trying to start anything but this is the street racing kill stories section. This is the section where you brag about your kill or tell about you getting killed. Yeah i know there are some fast lt1's out there. I know a few people who have some. But this car I raced is ragged out and bone stock and the guy drives around like he's the ****. Sorry I just thought it was kinda funny and thought I would share it with the board. I didn't mean to offend anybody. I mean it's not like it is a big secret that a stock ls1 will beat a stock lt1 is it. Honestly I really don't care which one is faster I love all camaro's. Also I beat your 94 is fast as hell and I'd love to have a supercharged f-body. Oh and by the way I deleted the last line form my first post so I don't catch anymore flack from anybody else.
Cool man.

I took your first post the wrong way. My mistake.
Old 01-02-2005, 09:52 AM
TECH Regular

I hate people who do that, they beat the **** out of their cars and do stupid mods like rusted out flowmasters, and the think they are the ****. Especially if its in a camaro! Thats horrible! He deserved to get knocked down a peg, good kill.
Old 01-02-2005, 02:34 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by enisguy
Cool man.

I took your first post the wrong way. My mistake.
No problem man. Sometimes I do come off the wrong way.
Old 01-02-2005, 05:31 PM
Launching!

Nice kill, and nice looking car. Time to start putting some mods on that thing
Old 01-02-2005, 08:23 PM
TECH Resident

never go against the family man, lol, it sucks that there's still ******** out there that have the same car as you and still act like ******. We should be united like a big big family
Old 01-02-2005, 10:36 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Lt1Camaroz28
Nice kill, and nice looking car. Time to start putting some mods on that thing
Man I would but going to Tech School and working 30hrs a week part-time and living in a nice apt with a garage. Just dosen't leave alot of money for mods. I would do about anything to have a nice cam that I could daily drive on.
Old 01-02-2005, 10:40 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by WS6T/A98
never go against the family man, lol, it sucks that there's still ******** out there that have the same car as you and still act like ******. We should be united like a big big family
I know what you mean. It seems like sometimes F-body people are ****** to each other. I've seen this numerous times. It's sad I had more fun cruising with the Mustangs when they came to Beech Bend this fall. Than I did when the F-body's came to town. Never the less I still love F-body's and it would take alot for me to switch to a Ford.
Old 01-02-2005, 10:47 PM
12 Second Club

Man I would but going to Tech School and working 30hrs a week part-time and living in a nice apt with a garage. Just dosen't leave alot of money for mods. I would do about anything to have a nice cam that I could daily drive on.

If that is a picture of your ride in your sig, I'd say your off to a pretty good start. That thing looks sweeeeeeeeeeeeet!
Old 01-02-2005, 11:41 PM
TECH Fanatic

Nice kill on the GenII.
Old 01-03-2005, 11:08 AM
TECH Resident

What's up guys. You know I don't usually street race. Also normally i wouldn't race are own kind but this dude had it coming for him. Some dude has got a Hunter Green Z here in B.G. with a cowl hood and a SS spoiler on it and he is always messsing with me every time we meet on the street. So tonight I was fealing a little froggie it being the new year and all. So I was leaving work and here comes my "buddy" in his Camaro. He paces me going down the road and he starts reving at me with his Flowmaster muffler that sounds like the baffles have rusted out of it. So I just look at him and shake my head well he keeps doing it. So I start to get mad. Well we came up to a red light and low and behold were the first ones at the light. Well he's over there reving and I just sit there and look at him and gave him a nod. Well we wait for the light and it go green. We both stomp it and I hooked good and was already pulling on him. Then a shifted into 2nd and spun like crazy with my nice Suckho tires/Kumho's. I stayed in it until 60. Then I shut it down. Well while all of this was going on I pulled a car length on him. After that needless to say he didn't pull back next to me and start reving. So maybe he got the point and needs to go modding his car more.
Nice job. Sometimes some do need a reality check.

By the way, I have a set of C5 18/9.5s with those kumbos on it. I won't by them again, traction stinks, lol.

I also have a set of c5 17s/8.5s. I have proxies on them and they are much better. I'm going to go for a set of nittos or ets. The only problem I have with them is they are not z rated. Oh well.
Old 01-03-2005, 02:47 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by METALBEAST
If that is a picture of your ride in your sig, I'd say your off to a pretty good start. That thing looks sweeeeeeeeeeeeet!
Yeah that's my ride. Heres another pic.
Name:  Camaropic008.jpg
Views: 28
Size:  89.7 KB
Old 01-03-2005, 02:48 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by wickedwarlock
Nice job. Sometimes some do need a reality check.

By the way, I have a set of C5 18/9.5s with those kumbos on it. I won't by them again, traction stinks, lol.

I also have a set of c5 17s/8.5s. I have proxies on them and they are much better. I'm going to go for a set of nittos or ets. The only problem I have with them is they are not z rated. Oh well.
Yeah I got a set of Goodyear GS-D3's on the way as soon as the 15th of this month get's here when they come off backorder.