Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

360 Spider vs me

Search this Thread

Old 01-05-2005, 08:11 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default 360 Spider vs me

Dont normally post here or for that matter. But this was fun, night before Christmas Eve heading to the fiance's. Car loaded for week + stay for the holidays, Christmas presents, luggage, etc.

Before I get to my exit a nice red 360 gets on the interstate with me. I was admiring it, normally I never run into anything like this for that matter or plan on racing. Well, I cruise about 80-90mph on this interstate or you get passed by truckers(which I cant stand! ). And as I passed him with my exhaust(somewhat loud) I guess he was looking for fun. I noticed him down shift and kept goosin it cause his head lights(bright ones at that) kept poppin in my rear view mirrior. So I said why not, havent had a race in who knows how long, I hit the gas to unlock the converter and to let him know whats up. Hit the gas couple times and I knew he was ready and nailed it. Now mind you hes right behind me, had a F350 in the left lane watchin this go down and they were enjoying it. I instantly pull about a car on him and let off to make sure he was in it. And he sure was and got back on the gas quickly and gained back that distance little slower. The F350 was trying his best to watch we passed another car and he got over and we kept the car length with me gaining more ground faster we went. I shut it off at about 130mph(wasnt to worried about the gauges ) as my exit was about to come up. I dropped it to drive, then into 2nd for the nice loud tone which I love to hear he slowed down with me. As we got back to speed limit and he wanted to run again but my exit was up so I revved once and exited.

Was my first run in with anything in a long time. Wish I didnt have all that luggage and Christmas presents But was fun.

Oh, almost forgot. Got a 94 LS1 powered thumpin fun with SY4000 converter.

C
Old 01-05-2005, 08:18 PM
12 Second Club

Received 51 Likes on 37 Posts

Sweet! Good to see LT1s representing. We should start a 360 killers club..I can think of over a dozen post on the board this year. Good Kill.
Old 01-06-2005, 03:47 AM
NKAWTG...N

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

nice kill! but s8er95z he said its an ls1 powered car... ah either way w00t w00t
Old 01-06-2005, 09:40 AM
!LS1 11 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Nice kill on the exotic. Sweet.
Old 01-06-2005, 11:33 AM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by turbo
Dont normally post here or for that matter. But this was fun, night before Christmas Eve heading to the fiance's. Car loaded for week + stay for the holidays, Christmas presents, luggage, etc.

Before I get to my exit a nice red 360 gets on the interstate with me. I was admiring it, normally I never run into anything like this for that matter or plan on racing. Well, I cruise about 80-90mph on this interstate or you get passed by truckers(which I cant stand! ). And as I passed him with my exhaust(somewhat loud) I guess he was looking for fun. I noticed him down shift and kept goosin it cause his head lights(bright ones at that) kept poppin in my rear view mirrior. So I said why not, havent had a race in who knows how long, I hit the gas to unlock the converter and to let him know whats up. Hit the gas couple times and I knew he was ready and nailed it. Now mind you hes right behind me, had a F350 in the left lane watchin this go down and they were enjoying it. I instantly pull about a car on him and let off to make sure he was in it. And he sure was and got back on the gas quickly and gained back that distance little slower. The F350 was trying his best to watch we passed another car and he got over and we kept the car length with me gaining more ground faster we went. I shut it off at about 130mph(wasnt to worried about the gauges ) as my exit was about to come up. I dropped it to drive, then into 2nd for the nice loud tone which I love to hear he slowed down with me. As we got back to speed limit and he wanted to run again but my exit was up so I revved once and exited.

Was my first run in with anything in a long time. Wish I didnt have all that luggage and Christmas presents But was fun.

Oh, almost forgot. Got a 94 LS1 powered thumpin fun with SY4000 converter.

C
Nice win! So you dropped in a ls1 in your 94? Am I reading this correctly?
Old 01-06-2005, 04:32 PM
TECH Resident

Nice kill, I know I wouldn't be able to beat one.
Old 01-06-2005, 05:01 PM
12 Second Club

Without a kickass driver, and from a lower speed roll (or from a stop) you'd be surprised.

I pulled slightly on a 360 Modena Spyder before the NX kit install from a 20-90mph or so roll. The guy was pretty wide-eyed that he wasn't leaving me in the dust, heh. To be fair he did have a passenger and I didn't...

We stopped for traffic at the next red light and exchanged thumbs-up and waves (and big goofy grins). Man I was amped for about 4 or 5 days after that kill !

Bad30th
Old 01-06-2005, 05:13 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Definately fun huh bad30th?

Ya, I dropped a LS1 in my 94 v6 camaro bout 4 years ago. Been my daily driver since, well my only driver..

C
Old 01-07-2005, 08:05 PM
12 Second Club

Received 51 Likes on 37 Posts

Originally Posted by stoleit
nice kill! but s8er95z he said its an ls1 powered car... ah either way w00t w00t
My bad.. hehe.. Still a sweet kill.
Old 01-07-2005, 09:29 PM
On The Tree

Dam sweet killed. I race a 360 modena a long long long time ago when I had a civic. It was horrible ownage. God that car has a heavenly exhaust note, I would kill to have that exhaust note.
Old 01-08-2005, 09:28 AM
TECH Senior Member

very nice kill bro!
Old 01-08-2005, 10:15 AM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by turbo
Definately fun huh bad30th?

Ya, I dropped a LS1 in my 94 v6 camaro bout 4 years ago. Been my daily driver since, well my only driver..

C
sweet, what did it cost you to do the swap?
Old 01-08-2005, 10:52 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Thanks guys,

I dont remember how much it cost, I did everything myself with my father who helped as well. Only thing that cost me was the parts and I spent about 3300 for engine, transmission, wiring for whole car, 98 complete dash w/ gauges, drive shaft, cross members etc. I added performance parts to it, but im not counting those.

C