Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

Raced a bike

Search this Thread

Old 01-08-2005, 11:47 PM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Raced a bike

This was some fun stuff! I got my C5 dyno tuned today and put out 395/376 with heads, cam, 3.90's, 18" rears, and bolt ons. (I know it's low, but I have to get bigger injectors and exhaust.)

Anyhow, my friend and I were riding around again looking for some action. I was hoping for some snake, but again a bike came up on me. We stopped at a red light, but the bike wouldn't come around to the open lane. He stayed one car back in the lane to my left... So I rolled the window down a little and gave him a little rev. Some ricer guys had been checking out my car for a few miles and they were talking to the bike telling him to race me. He checked out my tires (nitto 305 drags) and seemed somewhat interested. So the light turned green and I kept it at a good rpm until he pulled behind me. I punched it pretty hard and left him... I know he got on it somewhat since he stayed with me a little bit. So at the next light the ricers were taunting him now and he shrugged his shoulders like he wasn't racing. Next time we got lined up I saw that his bike was a Suzuki, but I didn't see anything else on it. These things are hard for me to ID right now!

- So now we get beside each other and I look at him and say, "so you wanna run?" He says, "It looks like you got something, but I doubt it's enough to keep up with me." I told him, "We'll see?!" And he gives me a shoulder shrug and then downshifts. It's on like DONKEY KONG! From a 20mph roll and we both jump a little to time when we were going to hit it... and then we go! He POPS A WHEELIE about 30deg or so which was completely BAD ***!!! I bang the rev limiter because I wasn't expecting that at all!! I go a little through 2nd and we were coming up on traffic in my lane so I had to get out of it. As soon as the race was over my friend and I were like he popped a F'IN WHEELIE!! Then I was like, hey man.. I actually hung with this guy!! THAT WAS COOL TOO!

- We line up again but this time we go from around 35-40mph and I owned him that time! I had a car length or more to about 80mph but I had to get out of it since my lane was going really slow. I guess I "could keep up" with his bike huh?

- So I follow him for a long time and get to where traffic was thinning up so we play around again. We were just about even this time! At this point my adrenaline is really pumping. I was ready to call it done, but...

- I get over and flash my lights so he would u-turn with me. There was nobody around us this time. This was going to be the final race! I rolled down the window and I wanted to go from 3 honks but he wanted to let me get the jump. Well, I yelled ON THREE and we were going like 13mph or so. HONK HONK and he hits it! So I hit and he shifts really good this time and I gained on him a little bit, but I had to shift into 2nd and he moved forward to about half of his bike. We were even up to this point, but I shifted into 3rd and then his rear tire was at my front fender. He was slowly gaining on me and it didn't look like he shifted good, so then I went into 4th and started to wind it out! I started to gain on him through 4th and gained half a bike before we had to get out of it since we were coming up on a red light! I would have passed him if we were on the highway!

So I hit my blinker to turn off and he's at the red light. I stopped, rolled my window down with a freakin' grin from ear to ear. I yelled to him, "Really good races man!" With a HUGE thumbs up. He gave me a big thumbs up and said something like "really nice ride" and then I drove off.
Old 01-09-2005, 02:28 AM
TECH Fanatic

Bikes can't be beat or hung with someone will chime in and tell you that I'm sure but I figured I'd beat them too it. Good runs man sounds like you got a clean ride. What cam?
Old 01-09-2005, 03:41 AM
TECH Regular

Good kill. I've been dying to run one. I'm sure it was just a 600 with a poor operator but either way good run
Old 01-09-2005, 09:50 AM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by King02SS
Bikes can't be beat or hung with someone will chime in and tell you that I'm sure but I figured I'd beat them too it. Good runs man sounds like you got a clean ride. What cam?
FM13, PP heads
I'm using the stock UD pulley, the stock 26lb injectors are something like 100%+ in use at WOT, and my headers are 2.75in but they bolt into 2.5in all the way back. A little bit more work will get me better #s on the dyno. No doubts that this thing will haul butt on the track, though.
Old 01-09-2005, 10:10 AM
TECH Fanatic

Good runs sounds like u had some fun
BTLFEDSS
Old 01-09-2005, 12:05 PM
TECH Addict

nice. Sounds like you have a strong ride. The ricers are funny though.... why wont they race...hmmm?

i raced an old 700cc once and we wear even. Since theni've had others rev on me but with my mom in the car. She loves to go a bit fast but not race.......
Old 01-09-2005, 07:36 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by LS2 KLR
Good kill. I've been dying to run one. I'm sure it was just a 600 with a poor operator but either way good run
Damn poor operator if it was a 600... It took me less than a week to be comfortable enough on mine to dust an sl600 and z06s...

either way nicely done

p.s. JUST and 600 dont belong together. A lame rider that has ***** enough to leave the line at a mere 7k rpms and stay on it will run a low eleven.
Old 01-09-2005, 09:10 PM
TECH Junkie

There is NO WAY you beat a bike or even hung with one for that matter, LIAR!
Old 01-09-2005, 09:59 PM
On The Tree

Good kill. This reminded me of my first bike kill. I was coming out of a parking lot and my fool brother wanted to line up against me. I had to show him some ls1 power and oblitierate him. He didnt stand a chance, and I had my first bike kill

Camaro: 1
Pocket bike: 0
Old 01-10-2005, 06:25 AM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by KCamaro
Damn poor operator if it was a 600... It took me less than a week to be comfortable enough on mine to dust an sl600 and z06s...

either way nicely done

p.s. JUST and 600 dont belong together. A lame rider that has ***** enough to leave the line at a mere 7k rpms and stay on it will run a low eleven.

I've owned two R6s, an 00 and 01 so I know a little about 600s. I raced mine quite a bit and never had any trouble with cars and only lost to other bikes once I ran out of CCs, lol. I've got a vid racing an 01 Viper but don't have a host.
Old 01-10-2005, 07:26 AM
12 Second Club

i want a bike
Old 01-10-2005, 11:36 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by CarsRFun
i want a bike
In the 21 years I've been alive I've owned 7 and I can tell you bikes are extremely overated. Don't throw your cash out save it for mods on the car.
Old 01-10-2005, 11:44 AM
TECH Apprentice

In the 21 years I've been alive I've owned 7 and I can tell you bikes are extremely overated. Don't throw your cash out save it for mods on the car.

They are not overrated. Its different type of cruising. Bikes you are so free. I love rding and miss my R1 everyday. I will be buying a busa or a zx 10 this summer if the mrs. allows it. If you want a bike just be damn smart about it. You will die and you will wreck if you dont like your life.

On a side note. The brand new R6 is running what the first gen R1 is running the qt mile. 10.70s. So to beat a 10 second bike or even a low 11 second bike is a damn good feat. Congrats bro.
Old 01-10-2005, 12:06 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Crypt keeper
They are not overrated. Its different type of cruising. Bikes you are so free.
It's not the freedom I'm complaining about it's the people that don't realise their stock GSXr's don't go over 230mph. You may beat a Viper on one from a dig or even a 90-160 punch but what happens post 160? They're fun to ride and they have a style factor noone can deny. I mean how many stock cars can pull a wheel stand crap how many period can do it from a roll? They don't corner as good as everyone thinks. It just feels like you're cornering better than you are because you lean so far over you feel like GP driver. Which there's another style factor they look awesome in turns. It's just irritating hearing people claim bikes are the end all of performance doesn't matter if you're modded or not when they aren't. In fact I still own one of those 7 bikes it's a Bandit 1200S. I don't know why I enjoy that one it's caused me the most grief but I do. p.s. Sorry for the novel don't mind me just ranting.
Old 01-10-2005, 01:00 PM
TECH Apprentice

It's not the freedom I'm complaining about it's the people that don't realise their stock GSXr's don't go over 230mph. You may beat a Viper on one from a dig or even a 90-160 punch but what happens post 160? They're fun to ride and they have a style factor noone can deny. I mean how many stock cars can pull a wheel stand crap how many period can do it from a roll? They don't corner as good as everyone thinks. It just feels like you're cornering better than you are because you lean so far over you feel like GP driver. Which there's another style factor they look awesome in turns. It's just irritating hearing people claim bikes are the end all of performance doesn't matter if you're modded or not when they aren't. In fact I still own one of those 7 bikes it's a Bandit 1200S. I don't know why I enjoy that one it's caused me the most grief but I do. p.s. Sorry for the novel don't mind me just ranting.

No rant friendly debate!
There very many ignorante people out there about bikes. No doubt it. These machines for the money are the most unreal things in the world. Bike for bike 600 is way more fun to ride than a 1000. Most people dont understand that because they want their respect. I laugh at people like that. I have ridden with a guy who owns a R6 and a Suzuki Sv650. Man he left me. LOL. We went back on these Mt roads and I got schooled. I couldnt keep the front end down on my bike. I had to adjust by changing gears faster and getting higher up on the gas tank all while leaning over way further. He had a camera mounted to his triple trees and the guy stayed in the the 13,000 to 15,000 rpm range the entire time. It was sick. I almost sold my r1 to buy a gixxer 04 750 to match the speed of pre 2003 liters bikes but have the handling of a 600 but then I got out of the game completely.
Old 01-10-2005, 07:09 PM
9 Second Club

yeah bikes are overrated i mean i spents a whopping 1200 dollars on my motor and with my arm and air shifter i only run 5.70 in the eighth and 9 in the quarter (NA). they're really a big freakin waste of money id much rather have bought a car. Nice kill frodaddy
P.S. Are you sure that bike didn't say "Zuma" instead of "Suzuki", easy mistake im sure.
Old 01-10-2005, 07:14 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by 1fast1slow
yeah bikes are overrated i mean i spents a whopping 1200 dollars on my motor and with my arm and air shifter i only run 5.70 in the eighth and 9 in the quarter (NA). they're really a big freakin waste of money id much rather have bought a car. Nice kill frodaddy
P.S. Are you sure that bike didn't say "Zuma" instead of "Suzuki", easy mistake im sure.
I think it was this bike: http://www.suzukicycles.com/Products...5/Default.aspx
Old 01-10-2005, 09:30 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by 1fast1slow
and?......?
Old 01-10-2005, 09:56 PM
On The Tree

I bought my bike mainly to get a friend out of financial turmoil. I have had other bikes before and liked them but it wasn't that I couldn't live without it. I really enjoy my new bike, it is so much nimbler than my other bikes. mine is lightly modded and has gone 9.60's with me on it and it's a real rush. But like I have said before, bikes are not untouchable but are definatley hard to beat.
Old 01-11-2005, 05:46 AM
9 Second Club

hayabusa/zx 12r = $10,500
Velocity turbo = $ 9,999

busa, 12r with 500+ hp and over 250mph at maxton = priceless
7's in the quarter
all this for less than u pay for your ss or C5