Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

Roush and STi

Search this Thread

Old 01-09-2005, 01:30 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Roush and STi

Hey not sure how intersting this will be, then again I should try to catch your excitment so ah.....its the most exciting thing ever?

I live in Colorado, so turbo cars bother me when they are only slightly faster [Damn you forced induction, well unless I had it]. Any ways, coming home with my friend I see a new STi [Temp tags, older man driving it blue gold rims stock] I have never raced one before, a Evo but not a STi, so I was excited but wasn't sure if he would. The light changes in our turning lanes and he seems to go fast, then he waits for me. We both lay on it, and I was wondering if he was on it. He was, he didn't fade from me fast but around 60 or so, I caught up and began passing him pretty fast. I hit the breaks and he went a bit further but then let off. Soon after this he turned.

Second race: Roush 05 Mustang

It is a Roush, this kid is rich that I know. If you do not believe me, I will take the pictures for you. It is currently only a stage one because the stage three parts come on in April. He doens't know how to drive it and lost to my friends RSX Acura, its stock. Sad huh? But after a few days of driving he has got a little better. So with the same friend today we were driving to a small get together and my friend wanted to see the new Mustang driving, so we signal him up and he tries to race me. Well I wanted to get this a go, so around 45 I drop it into 2nd catch up to him and we let loose. I put a car on him very fast and pulled maybe another two before we slowed down. It looks nice! In April it will have 525 horses.

Well thats it, I don't normally race in December but it was nice and I try to be careful. I am ordering a 231/237 cam and a 150 shot of nitrious here soon. So maybe that will help me for April when he gets his car to 525 [I have bigger plans but man are they expensive 427 with a turbo ]

Hope you guys like it.
Dan.
Old 01-09-2005, 01:37 AM
TECH Fanatic

Nice kills. It's not a Rousche . Na just kidding I just wanna see pics.
Old 01-11-2005, 10:20 AM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by DanSSull
Hey not sure how intersting this will be, then again I should try to catch your excitment so ah.....its the most exciting thing ever?

I live in Colorado, so turbo cars bother me when they are only slightly faster [Damn you forced induction, well unless I had it]. Any ways, coming home with my friend I see a new STi [Temp tags, older man driving it blue gold rims stock] I have never raced one before, a Evo but not a STi, so I was excited but wasn't sure if he would. The light changes in our turning lanes and he seems to go fast, then he waits for me. We both lay on it, and I was wondering if he was on it. He was, he didn't fade from me fast but around 60 or so, I caught up and began passing him pretty fast. I hit the breaks and he went a bit further but then let off. Soon after this he turned.

Second race: Roush 05 Mustang

It is a Roush, this kid is rich that I know. If you do not believe me, I will take the pictures for you. It is currently only a stage one because the stage three parts come on in April. He doens't know how to drive it and lost to my friends RSX Acura, its stock. Sad huh? But after a few days of driving he has got a little better. So with the same friend today we were driving to a small get together and my friend wanted to see the new Mustang driving, so we signal him up and he tries to race me. Well I wanted to get this a go, so around 45 I drop it into 2nd catch up to him and we let loose. I put a car on him very fast and pulled maybe another two before we slowed down. It looks nice! In April it will have 525 horses.

Well thats it, I don't normally race in December but it was nice and I try to be careful. I am ordering a 231/237 cam and a 150 shot of nitrious here soon. So maybe that will help me for April when he gets his car to 525 [I have bigger plans but man are they expensive 427 with a turbo ]

Hope you guys like it.
Dan.
1st race against the sti, he was on it than let off. Honestly, you should take a stock one unless you can't drive it or for some reason in the wrong gear.

As for the mustang, a stage one roush is no supercharger. It's a chip, exhaust and ground effects, suspension upgrades. So I could see him losing to a RSX that is modified and even possible a stock one.

As for you upgrading the cam, etc. I wouldn't do anything to the motor as far as heads, etc if you are going to do a 427. I would save my money. As for buying a NOS kit, that should work on either motor so it maybe worth that. I'd rather put my $1200-1500 bucks toward a 427 or just have my motor stroked to a 408. It's close enough and should be cheaper than the 427. Check out a few of the guys here who has the 408. They are putting down some serious power. Do a search.
Old 01-11-2005, 09:54 PM
Staging Lane

Yeah, the STi I beat not by much. But being up a mile high, kind of hurts my N/A a bit. Also the Roush is a Stage III, but the mods aren't put on until April. So currently its basically a Stage I, a stock GT basically. If you guys do want, I can get pictures for you.

As for the engine I want, its off topic. I just want to do some small mods now, so I don't get beat by so much here. Although I did trash some annoying sounding turbo Civic hatch last night. It was funny. But I think ARE can wait for my money to get a 427, but I can't
Old 01-11-2005, 10:06 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by DanSSull
Also the Roush is a Stage III, but the mods aren't put on until April. So currently its basically a Stage I, a stock GT basically.
that makes no sense at all. you can't upgrade from one stage to another after it being bought. it can never be a true stage 3 because it's badged as a stage 1.

can you get some pics because i'd like to see it?
Old 01-11-2005, 11:53 PM
TECH Fanatic

Yeah, nice kills, but we need some PICS.
Old 01-11-2005, 11:54 PM
11 Second Club

Received 24 Likes on 18 Posts

i need a good race.
i am in parker.
work in aurora though....

nice kill

Old 01-12-2005, 12:56 AM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by wickedwarlock
So I could see him losing to a RSX that is modified and even possible a stock one.
Are you kidding? Stock RSX beating a new mustang? Highly doubt it.
Old 01-12-2005, 09:49 AM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by tomaSS
Are you kidding? Stock RSX beating a new mustang? Highly doubt it.
You can order the roush kit for any of the GTs. As for a new one, yes, you are correct, it will not unless it's modified, however, I doubt it's a 2005 model roush, why do you think people are asking for the pictures. I have been to the dealers; I haven't seen any yet with the roush kit, not one.
Old 01-12-2005, 09:51 AM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by NviouSS
that makes no sense at all. you can't upgrade from one stage to another after it being bought. it can never be a true stage 3 because it's badged as a stage 1.

can you get some pics because i'd like to see it?
Exactly, until the parts are on the car, it's not a stage 3.

Exactly, you can order the parts for the kit, but I thought roush does their own work only? You would have to send them the car before. Has this changed? I guess I can go check myself to find out, hehe.
Old 01-12-2005, 03:41 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by wickedwarlock
Exactly, you can order the parts for the kit, but I thought roush does their own work only? You would have to send them the car before. Has this changed? I guess I can go check myself to find out, hehe.
you can order pieces of the body kit, exhaust, spension and wheels from various sites and directly from roush and have a body shop paint/install them. the only way roush will work on the car is if it's a true roush sold through an authorized dealer. another thing that roush does themselves is install their supercharger on the s/c models. the best way to find out if it's an authentic roush is to check inside the pass door for a sticker with a roush serial number.
Old 01-12-2005, 07:25 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by NviouSS
you can order pieces of the body kit, exhaust, spension and wheels from various sites and directly from roush and have a body shop paint/install them. the only way roush will work on the car is if it's a true roush sold through an authorized dealer. another thing that roush does themselves is install their supercharger on the s/c models. the best way to find out if it's an authentic roush is to check inside the pass door for a sticker with a roush serial number.
makes sense to me. I had a friend that had one, but never looked for it to authentic, hehe. But definitely makes sense for the serial number.