Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

The most ridiculous challenge I have ever gotten

Search this Thread

Old 01-13-2005, 08:25 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default The most ridiculous challenge I have ever gotten

Kind of a long story, but I'm going to be as brief as I can...

There's a small car club at my old college - quite a broad interst in cars is represented from import to domestic to trucks and jeeps...

Well, there is one guy in this club that time after time astounds us with his comments. He's an import guy and is adamant that he is NOT a ricer. He thinks F-Bodies are mullet mobiles, and while he respects their performance, he isn't impressed by it, because he says it isn't much of a challenge to make it fast. His comments have kind of brought him the reputation of the nemesis of everyone.

He drives a 94 or 96 Nissan Altima GXE. He has intake and exhaust mods.

It runs a 16.5 @ 85.

Recently, I was considering buying a used C5 Z06, and I brought that idea up on our car club's message board. Several of the import crowd was trying to talk me out of the Z06 and into the Evo VIII (which is ridiculous in itself), but the thread got highjacked into car "stereotypes". At which point in time this knucklehead says that "any V8 car with less than perfect handling is a mullet car".

I told him that my car handles well, and anyone who believes f-bodies are only straight line cars really don't know what they are talking about. This was his response: "Jay, other than CJ's poly mounts your suspension is stock and your car prolly handle's as well as my mostly stock grocery getter."

I **** you not.

I reminded him of the time he chased me up a freeway cloverleaf on-ramp and I made him disappear in my rear-view mirror... he replied: "Jay, i had blown struts, yes you were pulling away, but not very quickly. This was also with shitty all season tires."

I don't think I can sell my car any more. I HAVE TO wait until spring time and absolutely humiliate him for cash. This is just the MOST ridiculous claim I have EVER heard. His 4-cylinder Altima is going to corner as well as my WS6.... unbelievable........

Here's the link to the thread... feel free to register and enlighten this guy... but please don't be an idiot and just call him names and swear at him, since it is my college car club.

http://shadowedillusions.com/forums/...r=asc&start=45
Old 01-13-2005, 08:45 AM
Kleeborp the Moderator™

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I'm honestly not surprised he said that...when I bought my SS, I hadn't even test drove it (I wanted it THAT bad), and I thought it would handle pretty poorly. I was pleasantly surprised when it actually handled pretty well. That being said, there was a LOT of room for improvement. Por ejemplo, I now run a 35mm/25mm front/rear sway bar combo (stock was 32/19), a Ground Control coil-over kit on all four corners, lowered about 1.5"-1.75" all around, revalved Bilsteins up front with 3rd gen Bilstein HDs in the rear. I also have poly/poly LCAs and bolt-in relocation brackets, along with an adjustable poly/poly panhard rod. Then there are my SLP bolt-on subframes. The poly/poly if anything hurts handling because it can bind under heavy loading, but it works great for daily driving. My car now handles like it is on rails, but I still have plans for Koni SAs with 500 lb/in linear rate springs up front and 150s in the rear (also linear). I currently am running 400/125.

I have no idea where you are, but I'd be willing to give this guy a ride in my car to show him just how bad this V8 car handles, and then plaster his *** into my passenger's seat when I go WOT.
Old 01-13-2005, 09:00 AM
12 Second Club

def gotta put him in his place!
Old 01-13-2005, 09:24 AM
RIP April 14, 2008

Location: the land where cars repeatedly hit my bumper when I'm in the store...

I'm really glad you brought this up, because when I got my camaro, I had heard on and on that it was only good for racing in a straight line,or on the freeway, or in places wehre it isnt curvy at all. 7 months downthe road I can confidently assert that this is NOT the case. This car can haul *** around corners. I am currently running on Sumitomo ZR's, and they can hold the ground better than any vehicle I have ever driven. coming into my apartment community is like this slalom things and it NEVER misses a beat, going at 35, 40 mph. and those are CLOSE TWISTY turns. sometimes ya gotta known when to throw out the *** end and drift it when REALLY moving, but I would take this car on a road course over any FWD ANY DAY of the week. its not that its the best performing car on a twisty road, but cornering performance is just a mtter of KNOWING your car. and its capabilities, and how to most effecively and safely use them, ya know?

So know your car and show that idiot who's boss.
Old 01-13-2005, 09:54 AM
Kleeborp the Moderator™

I just think it is funny that he is asserting this when he drives a car that obviously wouldn't handle for ****. I'm sure it COULD (anything can with enough money), but I would highly doubt it. I was beginning to wonder where all of my money went until I started looking at the underbody pics of my car...I have a lot tied up in suspension work, and am not even close to scratching the surface of what could be done. My shocks are only good at best, and I know I need more damping.

The whole Evo VIII vs. Z06 thing...well, both cars have their strong points. The Evo gets a lot of its good handling from its AWD system. The whole comparisson is just apples to oranges though. The Lancer is still a 4 door car, and is what I would consider to be a tuner car. And it has been tuned well. But the Z06 is in a whole other league...GM purpose built that car to handle well and go fast. The Evo VIII used an existing platform and tweaked it so that it would perform well. Now, I've seen some really quick, highly modded Evos (well, one actually on TV), but you will reach the wall on what can be done with that well before you do with a Vette.
Old 01-13-2005, 10:38 AM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by Velocity
Kind of a long story, but I'm going to be as brief as I can...

There's a small car club at my old college - quite a broad interst in cars is represented from import to domestic to trucks and jeeps...

Well, there is one guy in this club that time after time astounds us with his comments. He's an import guy and is adamant that he is NOT a ricer. He thinks F-Bodies are mullet mobiles, and while he respects their performance, he isn't impressed by it, because he says it isn't much of a challenge to make it fast. His comments have kind of brought him the reputation of the nemesis of everyone.

He drives a 94 or 96 Nissan Altima GXE. He has intake and exhaust mods.

It runs a 16.5 @ 85.

Recently, I was considering buying a used C5 Z06, and I brought that idea up on our car club's message board. Several of the import crowd was trying to talk me out of the Z06 and into the Evo VIII (which is ridiculous in itself), but the thread got highjacked into car "stereotypes". At which point in time this knucklehead says that "any V8 car with less than perfect handling is a mullet car".

I told him that my car handles well, and anyone who believes f-bodies are only straight line cars really don't know what they are talking about. This was his response: "Jay, other than CJ's poly mounts your suspension is stock and your car prolly handle's as well as my mostly stock grocery getter."

I **** you not.

I reminded him of the time he chased me up a freeway cloverleaf on-ramp and I made him disappear in my rear-view mirror... he replied: "Jay, i had blown struts, yes you were pulling away, but not very quickly. This was also with shitty all season tires."

I don't think I can sell my car any more. I HAVE TO wait until spring time and absolutely humiliate him for cash. This is just the MOST ridiculous claim I have EVER heard. His 4-cylinder Altima is going to corner as well as my WS6.... unbelievable........

Here's the link to the thread... feel free to register and enlighten this guy... but please don't be an idiot and just call him names and swear at him, since it is my college car club.

http://shadowedillusions.com/forums/...r=asc&start=45
There are some in every crowd. There's no way around it, wow, I always find the ignorant to be so funny. Always, if you don't know, don't speak, hehe.

AN evo over a z06? Oh my, people are nuts. You can get a used z06 for the price of an evo. Some just don't understand, like I said, "Ignorance".

Hey, I like the evo, but damn, a z06. Just raw power. Hey, don't get me wrong. I like the evo as I said before, but wow.
Old 01-13-2005, 11:07 AM
Launching!

Yes, stupid people seem time and time again to amaze me. I have a friend who when first got his bike(03 honda shadow ace-cruiser) use to go on and on about how all the muscle cars at the local hang out stood no chance against his bike. So I introduced him to another buddy of mine with a "stock" 01 z28(by stock I mean built 383 w/200 shot ) So my buddy w/ the bike went on and on how he would own him. Well the guy with the z challenged him and bet him $500 bucks that he would take him out. Buddy with the bike says no that he is still breaking it in.....after having and driving daily for 6 months. Sorry for the post jack, but just trying to sympathize(SP?) with you. Maybe they have no common sense? Whatever it is, I can only hope they dont reproduce.

Remington
Old 01-13-2005, 12:19 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by Remington H.
Yes, stupid people seem time and time again to amaze me. I have a friend who when first got his bike(03 honda shadow ace-cruiser) use to go on and on about how all the muscle cars at the local hang out stood no chance against his bike. So I introduced him to another buddy of mine with a "stock" 01 z28(by stock I mean built 383 w/200 shot ) So my buddy w/ the bike went on and on how he would own him. Well the guy with the z challenged him and bet him $500 bucks that he would take him out. Buddy with the bike says no that he is still breaking it in.....after having and driving daily for 6 months. Sorry for the post jack, but just trying to sympathize(SP?) with you. Maybe they have no common sense? Whatever it is, I can only hope they dont reproduce.

Remington
oh my, that must have been so funny to see his face when that z28 went right by like he was sitting still, haha. Oh my, now that's funnier I think.
Old 01-13-2005, 12:19 PM
Kleeborp the Moderator™

Tell the dude to get a name on here and come defend himself. Seriously. I want to hear his reasoning.
Old 01-13-2005, 02:37 PM
Staging Lane

i see your in michigan....where at? I bet my talon could dust him thatd make him feel cool.
Old 01-13-2005, 02:43 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by generalchaos
i see your in michigan....where at? I bet my talon could dust him thatd make him feel cool.

I'm near Detroit, he's west of Grand Rapids.
Old 01-13-2005, 02:49 PM
TECH Junkie

Does your friend like Glow Sticks and dancing to Techno while at the meet???? He maybe be a retarded ricer
Old 01-13-2005, 02:58 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Ravenous T\A
Does your friend like Glow Sticks and dancing to Techno while at the meet???? He maybe be a retarded ricer
LOL,I'm gonna have to go buy you some glow sticks so you can start passing them out to all the ricers you run into.
Old 01-13-2005, 03:06 PM
Staging Lane

Im close to you but not him, and the glowsticks is a good idea
Old 01-13-2005, 03:15 PM
TECH Junkie

Can get them for $1.00 at the dollar store
Old 01-13-2005, 03:20 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Ravenous T\A
Can get them for $1.00 at the dollar store
LOL,In that case, I'm gonna get you a box of em'.
Old 01-13-2005, 04:17 PM
Staging Lane

After many months on this forum and others it has become absolutely apparent that most import owner(especially 4cyl turbo) are complete imbeciles. It is based on this that I propose we lure them into the desert with free HKS stickers and V8Eater badges. Once they have assembled a B-52 will drop a MOAB on the site.

Now some people will object, calling it "genocide" but I believe Darwin called it Natural Selection.
Old 01-13-2005, 04:43 PM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by Sinner
After many months on this forum and others it has become absolutely apparent that most import owner(especially 4cyl turbo) are complete imbeciles. It is based on this that I propose we lure them into the desert with free HKS stickers and V8Eater badges. Once they have assembled a B-52 will drop a MOAB on the site.

Now some people will object, calling it "genocide" but I believe Darwin called it Natural Selection.
The glow sticks will give a good pinpoint to drop the MOAB on
Old 01-13-2005, 05:34 PM
Teching In

Ha Ha, our car club is full of ricers. I'm glad we'll have some more informed people on the clubs site
Old 01-13-2005, 06:19 PM
On The Tree

Who knew that God's Own Chariot would be a souped-up Lancer.