Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

Me vs 3 cars and a bike total yesterday

Search this Thread

Old 01-14-2005, 10:07 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Me vs 3 cars and a bike total yesterday

Coming home from a lil' get together in Westminster I happened to pull up next to a 911 Turbo on the freeway, and just so happened to have my digital camera with me...so I started rolling. Tried to get him to bite for a while and he finally took the bait, it was pretty even til about 135 then I started pulling pretty hard. I assumed he would walk on me, but the video and outcomes shows different... if anyone is willing to host the video for me, I'd be more than welcome to send it .

On a different note, yesterday was an insane racing day. On my way to lunch from work I happened to see a Suzuki 650S? or something similar looking getting onto the freeway, it sounded like a 4 stroke or a ducati... almost. Anywho, as I merged onto the freeway I had to play catchup. After a lil throwing of the throttle at him, he took the bait, we ran up to about 140 from around 60 with me about 6-7 cars ahead. We went again at around 75, and about 120 I started pulling ahead by around 2-3 cars til 140.

After racing him, I happened to run into an Evo (bone stock 05 or 04? no plates) on the freeway and got him to finally bite, we started from about 70 and it was just a sorry race... Basically a Honda versus a Stock LS1 type of race. We did that about 3-4 times then he wouldnt pull up anymore.

Last but not least, after racing the 911 Turbo, he got off 3 exits before mine and I saw an SRT-4 in the fast lane, so figures what the hell... ran up against him and he tried to act like he wasnt racing then did a fly-by attempt starting at about a car behind me. I followed suit about a car- 2 cars behind and ended up staying even til around 100 then walked by him.

Overall, it was a GREAT day

Oh!!! and today I took a different route home due to traffic and on rockfield and Lake forest sitting at the light was a SOM 01-02 SS, 98-99 Trans Am, and a Black on Black SS convertible... ALL AT THE SAME SIGNAL!!!! Seeing as how I love racing, I tried all 3... but they all seemed stock and not interested. So I pull up to a light with the SOM SS behind me and some guy in a Black LT1 pulls up beside me and tells me to roll down my window, so I do. He asks "Does that thing have a different camshaft in it?" And my normal reply comes out with a smirk "Nah, it's just a big exhaust leak.." He laughed and knew better, so he asked if it only made power up top... anyone knows that's a hint he wanted to run, so he revs it up and the light turns green, we both end up spinning a lot... he caught by the end of 1st and I was still lost til then end of second. He didn't pull past my door the whole time we raced but once I got traction it was over. He gave me a thumbs up and we drove our seperate ways.

WOW WHAT A WEEK!
Old 01-14-2005, 11:18 PM
TECH Resident

Nice races! I hope someone can host so we can see them. By the way which car where driving?
Old 01-14-2005, 11:28 PM
TECH Apprentice

Driving the SS, yea, I only have a video of the turbo... but thats the only one in my mind I wanted to prove... the others are just normal every-day killables.

If anyone wants the video, I can send through AIM or something... just for personal likes. My aim is LS1inOC if you want it... pm me, I'm on cable and it shouldn't take more than 10 minutes (if you have winrar)
Old 01-14-2005, 11:44 PM
TECH Enthusiast

What freeway can you hit 135 MPH on? 140 MPH?

Having lived in CA for 33 years I have yet to see FOUR F-bodies ever lined up at the same light unless it was a club cruise.

This thread is starting to smell. Did you record your 135MPH turbo kill yourself? One hand on the wheel and one on the camera? Send me the video, I want proof
Old 01-15-2005, 12:39 AM
TECH Apprentice

AIM name, I've sent it to lots, it's an auto and you can see me shift from drive to OD. Also, I know it was stupid, and I was WELL over 135. The freeway was the 405 south at about 10:30 PM between the 133 and Lake forest. And yes I was freaking out when it was me, behind a SOM SS next to a white trans am with a black vert SS behind it.

BTW, that smell isn't coming from me, my friend
Old 01-16-2005, 12:09 AM
TECH Apprentice

http://mail.streetfire.net/ViewShare...7-CDCA3CC1E99B

for the jerky jerks

PS... must have winrar!!! www.download.com type in winrar... its easy!
Old 01-17-2005, 12:42 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Porsche about 444/457/3500 flywheel HP/TQ/Weight.

If you say you beat one from an 80 mph "roll" to 135 . . . fine. I didnt see it when I watched the video. Specifically, I didnt see the porsche racing.

However, your camera skills are amazing and when I heard you say "whats up bitch" I cracked a smile.

Peace.
Old 01-17-2005, 01:37 AM
TECH Apprentice

Yea... so that seems right, I believe he has more torque... but my rwhp numbers are close to the same averaging out to flywheel ~440. You dont notice the porsche staying next to me up til 140? (when my car shifted from 3rd to 4th).... I find that normal Porsche 911 Drivers, do not go 140 in every day driving, at least not in Orange County... I could be wrong though. Yea... not much else I can do while driving, was glad I actually got it on film though!.. somewhat =p