Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

srt4?

Search this Thread

Old 02-04-2005, 10:07 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default srt4?

I recently helped one of my friends install the stage 3 kit with toys on his 04 srt. He has the intercooler sprayers, octane booster, stage selector etc etc etc... and i am completely impressed with this car. We called my friend with the GT (97 4.6, Hedman lt's, 4.10, cold air, x-pipe, flows..made a post about him earlier) they raced for $50, needless to say shawn (the owner of the srt) walked him bad and won the money. After that run we went to the local hangout and saw some ls1's. He ran one that had a lid,and exhaust... dunno if it was full exhaust or not but it sounded good... 1st gear the ls1 spun 2nd he was catching us but when we hit 3rd then hit 4th we probably put 1-2 cars on him... i am shocked by his 4-banger, and im worried when i get my SS he might beat me, but do you think a stock SS would be able to give him a good run or beat him even?
Old 02-04-2005, 10:14 AM
TECH Enthusiast

A stock SS wont be any faster than a Stock Z-28. Honestly the Z your friend beat would be slightly faster than a stock SS. However, just your friends skittle that SS will wake up fast. Post up a little more detail on the SS your after and I'll give you some advice on what to do to trounce a 12 second skittle.
Old 02-04-2005, 03:52 PM
TECH Enthusiast

The stage 3 helmets are pretty deep in the 12's from what I've heard.
Old 02-04-2005, 06:56 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by WaitingonmySS
do you think a stock SS would be able to give him a good run or beat him even?
If he on Race Gas and you're stock / near stock......

Street radial vs street radial from a stop in the 1/8th is your best shot, but if you're racing a 1/4 mi track, the skittle should walk by you badly. Of course this is considering the drivers are equal.

DR vs DR or Slick vs Slick against a Stage 3 SRT on race gas......Sorry, you have no chance.

My buddy just ran his Stage 3 SRT at the speedway two weeks ago and ran 12.2 @ 114. His mods are:

Stage 3 kit
Race fuel
Mopar cat-back (still has the choking 2.25 inch stock downpipe)
Slicks
Stage 4 clutch

He had no weight reductions. Everything else is stock including the air-box and downpipe. Changing those two will definitely put him into the 11s @ 117+.

Here is the vid:

Right click, "save target as":

http://www.we-todd-did-racing.com/we...ZmQzMXk1NDE%3D

On the bright side, it'll just give you a reason to mod your SS

Last edited by 1sweet00SS; 02-04-2005 at 07:04 PM.
Old 02-05-2005, 12:38 AM
Staging Lane

You won't take him, I have seen alot of those SRT-4's, with the Stage 3 Turbo kits, they are very very fast.
Old 02-05-2005, 01:58 AM
TECH Addict

with a stage three, the turbo neon will take a stock ss. mid to low 12'z if he can drive and on slicks+race gas and settings set....

however, a stage three runs for $2500, please correct me if im wrong about the price,

but an 02 ss a4 with:

lid (slp lid+k/n filter) $149.90
exhaust (loudmouth+true mac fit headers system) $864.91
nitrous (nx gemini twin @125ish) $878.00
converter (TCi 3600 stall) $479.95
grand total: 2372.76

will put walk on that turbo neon for less..........

I like those turbo neons but i feel the fwd is there only, if one can be picked, limitation. Now a rwd version with that kind of power and weight (well add a few for drivetrain) would be well into the 11'z or running higher mph.....
Old 02-05-2005, 10:18 AM
Teching In

i think stage 3 is only 1999 flat (i think, correct me if im wrong with proof plz)
Old 02-05-2005, 10:53 AM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by Omacolos
i think stage 3 is only 1999 flat (i think, correct me if im wrong with proof plz)
Stage 3 has three different prices, dependant on what mods you have on your car..... It gets a little confusing

If you already have Stage 2 toys:

$2650 (includes shipping)

If you are stock and just want Stage 3 without toys:

$3050 (includes shipping)

If you are stock and want the full Stage 3 the kit with toys:

$3650 (includes shipping)

*Toys includes an intercooler sprayer, "Dial-a-Boost" controller, and High octane mode (Race gas)

The kit requires ZERO tuning and is straight "plug and play".

Mopar Super Center:

http://www.moparsupercenter.com/Defa...=Features.aspx

Old 02-05-2005, 11:11 AM
Teching In

I like the SRT-4 but most of the drivers of them are arrogant and childish (don't take offense anyone who has one on this board).
Old 02-05-2005, 12:23 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by GodHand
I like the SRT-4 but most of the drivers of them are arrogant and childish (don't take offense anyone who has one on this board).
Non Taken.
Old 02-05-2005, 12:39 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by KCamaro
A stock SS wont be any faster than a Stock Z-28. Honestly the Z your friend beat would be slightly faster than a stock SS. However, just your friends skittle that SS will wake up fast. Post up a little more detail on the SS your after and I'll give you some advice on what to do to trounce a 12 second skittle.
Where are you getting that a Z is faster than SS? Just curious, but the SS has a few fore horsies and depending on the options, better suspension and better Wheels/Tires so it has better traction. I am not saying that a SS will kill the Z, but where/how/why do you say the Z is faster (stock v stock)?
Old 02-07-2005, 09:44 AM
Teching In

We went out this weekend again, and now i realize that i will need some serious mods to beat his srt... we ran a 40th aniv. Stang...(i think not completely sure) that had a kenne bell and a low *** gear i think he said 5 something im not sure though, when he hit it he put like 2-3 cars on us but then on top end we of course reeled him in, i think we ended up passing him about 120-125. Im a chevy guy but i will give credit to that stang it was quick. We tried to run a stock SS and i was really wanting to see how it would do but he wouldnt play.
Old 02-07-2005, 10:54 PM
Staging Lane

i wouldnt get too scared, yes they can run 12s in stage 3, but after that improvment just hits a wall.

get basic bolt ons(intake, headers, exhaust) and a decent cam

if you have a 6 speed.....
some nitrous you will destroy him from a roll (u prlly wont even need nitrous if you have a good cam w/tune)

if you have an auto..... get some proper tires and nice tc and ull be good (nitrous will just make it better, but its needed)
Old 02-10-2005, 12:22 PM
TECH Resident

man when i first saw those srt'4s i kinda brused it off my shoulders but damn leaving school one morning an all black with def. illegal tint pulled on me and i was like wtf? i kicked third and was only half a car in front of him and was barley inching on him. i dont know if he was stock or not but i know im not. SHEEESH!!!!!!
Old 02-10-2005, 12:27 PM
RIP April 14, 2008

Location: the land where cars repeatedly hit my bumper when I'm in the store...

yeah they're pretty damn fast sometimes.