Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

New Mustang beat really bad....BAD

Search this Thread

Old 02-04-2005, 01:52 PM

Received 161 Likes on 99 Posts

Default New Mustang beat really bad....BAD

I put the PP LS6 heads on right after Christmas and was driving around to break it in and heat cycle the springs. Heading home with my girl, a new 05 Black GT passes me gives a huge rev, I mean a rev to redline and he had some exhaust work and it was seriously loud. I wasnt gonna do anything, my girlfriend actually demands we go after him, ok. He was running fast, I had to stomp it to catch up. From a 50 roll, I hit it once and waited to hear him, he goes and we pull 2-3 cars wuth in the 3-4 sec and he lets off. No biggy. Then we happen to catch a light. His windows are now up and revving it like a lunatic. Green, side by side 0 traction for me I hear him chirp, 2nd 0 traction and i start to pass him actually spinning and when it bites into 3rd we pull so hard away I had wiplash looking to see where he was. Real fun. Pretty car. No danger whatsoever. He ofcourse turned left after that.
Old 02-04-2005, 02:05 PM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

good kill!!
How do you like the LPE gt2-3 cam? I thought about getting one for my Fiero project im building.
Old 02-04-2005, 02:08 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

nice run........where in Laud was this? I use to live right down the street from the broward mall.
Old 02-04-2005, 02:25 PM

Right on Federal Hwy going south past Commercial towards MaiKai resturaunt. Mustang looks good slowness. I was thinking of black ZR1's over my chrome ones. The GT2-3 cam is awesome. I wasnt gonna get heads then for Christmas, my girl got for me and I want a bigger one. If you dont want a lopey cam, i would take nothing else. Im sellig it and stock heads too. Hey slowness, I have a repair shop and truck sales lot near Commercial and Powerline if you need any repars or mods. Ive had 9 Mustangs in the past. Take care guys!
Old 02-04-2005, 02:31 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by JayplaySS2
Right on Federal Hwy going south past Commercial towards MaiKai resturaunt. Mustang looks good slowness. I was thinking of black ZR1's over my chrome ones. The GT2-3 cam is awesome. I wasnt gonna get heads then for Christmas, my girl got for me and I want a bigger one. If you dont want a lopey cam, i would take nothing else. Im sellig it and stock heads too. Hey slowness, I have a repair shop and truck sales lot near Commercial and Powerline if you need any repars or mods. Ive had 9 Mustangs in the past. Take care guys!

Thanks. I live in Georgia now, so i dont think i'll be making it down to your shop any time soon

Ill be down in June though... ill stop by and see what kind of trucks you have as im looking a ford/chevy truck

If you ever want some good runs, i still talk to alot of my friends from FL who are always down to run for some $$$
Old 02-04-2005, 04:10 PM
Launching!

Nice kill!
Old 02-04-2005, 08:26 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by Blade
Nice kill!
Old 02-04-2005, 10:04 PM
TECH Apprentice

I am curious to see how the new mustang does against stock LS1's, if there is such a thing!
Old 02-04-2005, 11:02 PM
TECH Fanatic

Nice....murder.
Old 02-06-2005, 04:35 PM
TECH Resident

I'm trying to get a hold of one of the new Mustang GT's while my car is still stock(99 TA WS6) just to see what we're messing with. Cause everyone knows it won't be stock for much longer..
Old 02-06-2005, 04:54 PM
12 Second Club

defeinitly need some info on stock ls1 vs new mustang?????
Old 02-06-2005, 11:41 PM
Launching!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

My step-father won't shut-up about a chevy beating a ford. He will never learn
Old 02-07-2005, 12:22 AM
On The Tree

I suspect a stock LS1 vs an 05 3V, would have the LS1 pulling slightly. About a car from a 0-120.
Old 02-07-2005, 06:16 AM
TECH Enthusiast

I've had two races against them. As of now im a lid and catback car so yes im stock. The first 05 I raced stayed within a half car to 60 and was 1 1/2 to 2 behind by 100, the second car was a car back at 60 and 2 or slightly more at 100. Seems like their gears keep them alive at first and then they fall off.

My buddy bluesix has a kill against one in his 04 Goat, I believe he had him by about a car at 100 as well.
Old 02-07-2005, 06:50 AM
Staging Lane

I put the PP LS6 heads on right after Christmas and was driving around to break it in and heat cycle the springs. Heading home with my girl, a new 05 Black GT passes me gives a huge rev, I mean a rev to redline and he had some exhaust work and it was seriously loud. I wasnt gonna do anything, my girlfriend actually demands we go after him, ok. He was running fast, I had to stomp it to catch up. From a 50 roll, I hit it once and waited to hear him, he goes and we pull 2-3 cars wuth in the 3-4 sec and he lets off. No biggy. Then we happen to catch a light. His windows are now up and revving it like a lunatic. Green, side by side 0 traction for me I hear him chirp, 2nd 0 traction and i start to pass him actually spinning and when it bites into 3rd we pull so hard away I had wiplash looking to see where he was. Real fun. Pretty car. No danger whatsoever. He ofcourse turned left after that.

Good kill...

... but entirely expected given your extensive mods.

Originally Posted by KCamaro
I've had two races against them. As of now im a lid and catback car so yes im stock. The first 05 I raced stayed within a half car to 60 and was 1 1/2 to 2 behind by 100, the second car was a car back at 60 and 2 or slightly more at 100. Seems like their gears keep them alive at first and then they fall off.

My buddy bluesix has a kill against one in his 04 Goat, I believe he had him by about a car at 100 as well.
Since when is having a "lid and a catback" stock?
Neither came on your car from the factory, and both make added power/torque over the stock set-up.

That's like an '03/'04 Cobra saying "I have a Cold Air Kit & a catback", and then claiming they are "stock".
Old 02-07-2005, 06:59 AM

Default Yea, I know.

Originally Posted by Angus66
Good kill...

... but entirely expected given your extensive mods.

Since when is having a "lid and a catback" stock?
Neither came on your car from the factory, and both make added power/torque over the stock set-up.

That's like an '03/'04 Cobra saying "I have a Cold Air Kit & a catback", and then claiming they are "stock".

I actually felt bad, like a bulley. Anyway, the look pretty good in black.
Old 02-07-2005, 08:50 AM
TECH Junkie

I start to pass him actually spinning and when it bites into 3rd we pull so hard away I had wiplash looking to see where he was. Real fun. Pretty car. No danger whatsoever. He ofcourse turned left after that.
Have you been reading my old kills because that sounds exactly like a several of my races against LS-1/6/7's, except I was in a Mustang...

Nice kill.

P.S. Why does anyone care what a car runs stock to stock? Are any of your cars stock?