Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

SS vs 350Z

Search this Thread

Old 02-05-2005, 06:48 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default SS vs 350Z

finally ran a Z this morning, i was heading to work not paying much attention to anything around, roads were pretty empty. all of the sudden i see a silver 350Z pull up to me at the stop light, i had my windows down because it was so nice here and I could here his music blasting, guy was in mid 30s probably and so i didnt think anything of it, then i hear his music turn down and he started to rev a little bit, so i let out a little rev to let him know i am game and so the light goes green and i spin a little bit, start going a little sideways and i let out at the top of first to get traction and throw it in second and he pulls up to me as i do this and then i got back into the gas and ran it up to the top of second gear and he was at my back bumper. got to the next stop light and waved and i had to turn into work, i tried to get the guy to roll down his window to see what he had done but he never did. It felt good to get a real kill for once on a good car.
I know he had a different exhaust for sure from the looks of it when he took off at the next light, but i dont know anything else, it almost sounded like he was supercharged or turboed, when he revved at the light, it made a hissing type of noise, but i never heard of a BOV, so i was thinking Supercharger. Do they usually have a hissing type of noise, i have never ran one or heard one rev up before.
BTW the car was gorgeus, it was that silverstone color with the darker silver wheels,

99 Camaro SS
Whisper lid, K&N Filter, Mac Midlengths, ORY-pipe, Corsa Catback, MSD wires,NGK TR55 plugs
Dynoed 311 HP , 321 TQ
Old 02-05-2005, 06:57 PM
TECH Enthusiast

They run low 14's stock so u shoulda beat him pretty bad. He must have been modded pretty well, most likely a supercharger since the only turbo kit that i've heard of right now is the twin turbo greddy which will run u about 8 grand. With the TT kit he prolly woulda gotcha too.
Old 02-05-2005, 07:41 PM
Teching In

i talked to a friend of mine that raced him today also, he got a ATI procharger on there, didnt get any numbers, but my buddy said they raced from a dig up to 145 and my buddy got him by 3 car lengths, his car is faster than mine
Old 02-05-2005, 08:46 PM
Teching In

Nice kill

Originally Posted by GhettoTy
They run low 14's stock so u shoulda beat him pretty bad. He must have been modded pretty well, most likely a supercharger since the only turbo kit that i've heard of right now is the twin turbo greddy which will run u about 8 grand. With the TT kit he prolly woulda gotcha too.
A FI 350Z would have owned this race especially if it was only a 1-2 gear pull and the SS (311hp/321tq) didn't have traction through first. Dont get me wrong Im not trying to pick favorites, but a FI 350 could be pretty nasty for a mildly moded fbod
Old 02-05-2005, 10:55 PM
Teching In

I agree, I think he should of got me, that is why i was suprised when i came out ahead, my buddy that raced him has more mods and dynoed around 365 i think and they raced from a stop and he said he killed him out of the hole and then the guy played catch up, they also went from a 60 roll and he said the 350Z pulled on him, so he definitely has the power, he just couldnt put it to the ground from a dig i guess
Old 02-06-2005, 12:32 AM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by GhettoTy
There's two or three turbo kits out now, plus a stroker kit. Car has some potential, too bad it's not a factory turbo.
Old 02-07-2005, 04:17 PM
TECH Addict

With the ATI kit and regular boost pulley, that car does do more than a mid 13 (low is hes good). They are lighter and have a m6 but not a whole lot of torque. The TT from greddy has good potential with 8psi. There is a vid of a guy racing a 350z with a turbo that taken out but i cant remember......

personally, for the kind of money your puttng down on a 350z, its not worth it at all. To much paneling on the doors and not enough windows...i just dont like it.

but, with a TT and a forged stroker, ..hmmm, i dont know? still, i would be quit fast!!!
Old 02-07-2005, 04:28 PM
!LS1 11 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Nice kill!

Quick Reply: SS vs 350Z