Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

A4 vs. M6 on highway

Old 02-08-2005, 08:48 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default A4 vs. M6 on highway

just wanting some info on this. My friend just got a 2001 SS today w/ only 29,000 miles on it. I'm very happy for him. I told him he got an EXCELLENT deal, some old coot had it and never even pimped it. anyway i know he is going to wanna mess with me now so i was wanting some info on this.

BTW his is totally stock except for a Flowmaster muffler, M6

check out my sig below and compare mine to his and anwer my q's::

mine vs. his from a stand still

mine vs. his from a roll at 30 mph

mine vs his on highway at 60 mph

and also would a TCI Super Street Fighter Torque Converter stall at 3500 make a huge difference with my car. would i have to worry about him then?????

Thanks in advance guys
Old 02-08-2005, 08:54 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by jlashley2001ss
just wanting some info on this. My friend just got a 2001 SS today w/ only 29,000 miles on it. I'm very happy for him. I told him he got an EXCELLENT deal, some old coot had it and never even pimped it. anyway i know he is going to wanna mess with me now so i was wanting some info on this.

and also would a TCI Super Street Fighter Torque Converter stall at 3500 make a huge difference with my car. would i have to worry about him then?????

Thanks in advance guys
The converter would defntly help in all racing (lock up cnrtr) but better from a stop. From a roll, you can keep RPM's higher through shifts, hense keeping the power in its curve better. If he can drive and his car is not a low rwhp LS1, than he will pull you on the 60 roll, but on the 30 roll, you drop yours down to 2nd gear and you will stay or beat him for a little bit, until he hits 3rd gear, will he will definitly pull you
Old 02-08-2005, 09:11 PM
TECH Fanatic

even w/ my mods???
Old 02-08-2005, 09:33 PM
Launching!

Talking

even w/ my mods???
Yes Son,
Get some "real" mods like LT's ORY, catback-cutout, converter and you won't be worried anymore.
Old 02-08-2005, 09:40 PM
RIP April 14, 2008

Location: the land where cars repeatedly hit my bumper when I'm in the store...

Originally Posted by TOMMY BOY74
Yes Son,
Get some "real" mods like LT's ORY, catback-cutout, converter and you won't be worried anymore.
without any disrespect to anyone, it's comments like that that start flamewars and three pages of arguing, useless text. the finger, and calling him "son" was entirely unneccessary.

but hey, just my $.02
Old 02-08-2005, 09:47 PM
TECH Fanatic

thanks bro, i mean come on now SON this is a forum where u ask questions

but thanks anyway chump
Old 02-08-2005, 09:57 PM
TECH Resident

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

i think that you probably wont have a problem till he learns how to drive the car. thats something that just takes time and that will be the biggest determining factor.
Old 02-08-2005, 10:49 PM
RIP April 14, 2008

Location: the land where cars repeatedly hit my bumper when I'm in the store...

you probably ought to get a cutout though. QTP makes the best! cheap easy horsepower, especially without a catback, unless you're getting one. but hey get one anyway.

EDIT: yeah my bad on the chump business, am really tired.
Old 02-08-2005, 10:50 PM
11 Second Club

Me having the same gears (3.42's) its hard to say about you w/ ur gears. but....
From a roll at 30 drop to 1st not 2nd. From a 60-65 roll is your best area. My car pulls like hell right there.

And it all depends on how he drives and what kind of motor he got. Some are just the **** and others are not.

and i think he was calling the other guy a chump.
Old 02-08-2005, 11:26 PM
TECH Regular

Thanks in advance guys
Have you ever been to the track? Take your car there then get back to us. Some cars run better than others.
Mine stock ran 13.5s at 104.
When I modded it (LTs, ORY and lid) I ran 13.1s @ 107.5 w/ 2.0 60'.
I've added a LS6 intake since then and I actually ran slower....damn high temps and humidity during the summer!

Basically I think you can run around 13.4 @ 105.....If he can launch it it will be a very close race...and from a roll....he should pull away from you as I think he should trap b/t 106-109.

Oh yeah..a converter should help you a lot. I have one...but it's been in my garage for about 9 months...LOL

Good luck!
Old 02-08-2005, 11:50 PM
Staging Lane

Thanks in advance guys
stand still = depends on how good u and him are (autos are easy but some just dont know how to)

30....does ur car drop to 1st there??? lower the speed to grab 1st, if you do you will be shot out of a cannon of power and he will have no advantage, but if u get stuck in second gear ull get pulled on like a stock mustang gt...

60...ull prlly lose, make sure what ever gear its dropping to is at around 4500-5000 rpms.

Originally Posted by 1998camaroz28
without any disrespect to anyone, it's comments like that that start flamewars and three pages of arguing, useless text. the finger, and calling him "son" was entirely unneccessary.

but hey, just my $.02
the guy was just joking for ***** sake...

but really lid, exhaust, and free mods dont really do ****, 10-15 hp max, which is barelly the difference between a well running ls1 and a better running ls1 from the factory. i wouldnt be suprised if the stock m6 dynoed higher.

to the guys racing, both get a 50$ cut out done at local muffler shop, will make a big difference.
Old 02-08-2005, 11:55 PM
TECH Resident

Given your mods and his un'pimped' self, if he can launch half way decent, then dont be suprised to see his taillight, no matter what speed you start. If you get a stall converter... well just get one and find out
Old 02-08-2005, 11:57 PM
TECH Resident

Oh and BTW if you fellas wanna race legaly, me and a few other ls1ers are going to rockingham (1/4 mile) this sunday, pm me if your interested. Also, my buds, bone stock m6 ls1 ran a 13.2 another gy i know has a automatic bone stock and he struggled to hit high 13's
Old 02-09-2005, 12:31 AM
11 Second Club

haha i love these discussions.. m6's usually get a 1/4 to a 1/2 car jump on me from a roll, but then if i can get em from a stop, i can reel them back in.... i dont see how the faster a4 car will lose to the stock m6 car just cuase hes got a 6speed lol...

i mean hell hes going to lose a lil bit having an auto, but hes going to lose it on the hit, not really going to hurt him that much once there going.. or atleast that is from what ive seen.

just take him to the track, hes got no chance of beating you, and if he did, the m6 will break his stock 10 bolt first or he wont hook up.. either way u win.

u can take to bone stock cars, one an auto with a small or large converter, and a 6sp car.. other then that bone stock... both with same sticky tires, and the auto with converter is going to kill the 6sp evertime and more then likely will drive home on his 10bolt lol. and what i dont get is ive never beated a 6sp out of the whole that has come back around me in 3rd gear.. my point would be here, that if they start from a 30 roll, and the auto gets out on him, the 6sp car will not come back around in 3rd gear.. 3rd gear is 3rd damn gear lol.. also to the guy who posted that, in an auto you would want to pull down in 1st at 30 mph as it wont shift until about 40-42.
Old 02-09-2005, 12:37 AM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by RUSH
The converter would defntly help in all racing (lock up cnrtr) but better from a stop. From a roll, you can keep RPM's higher through shifts, hense keeping the power in its curve better. If he can drive and his car is not a low rwhp LS1, than he will pull you on the 60 roll, but on the 30 roll, you drop yours down to 2nd gear and you will stay or beat him for a little bit, until he hits 3rd gear, will he will definitly pull you

this is the retarded post i was refering to in my last paragraph... if he gets him from a stop in 1st, 2nd and 3rd, then how in the hell is he going to get him in second from a roll but then get blown by in 3rd.. wouldn't that have happend the first time too? DUH. and like i siad u come into first at 30.. hell at 29mph the car will kick its self down into first!
Old 02-09-2005, 12:53 AM
11 Second Club

You never let you car "kick" down to any gear. You pull it there yourself. Thats how they get the jump.

Go out and put ur car in 2nd and feel where it starts to pull hard from. do the same w/ 1st...

Find ur powerband and race him where its good for you... He is a stick and most places are good for him..
Old 02-09-2005, 01:40 AM
12 Second Club

Received 46 Likes on 43 Posts

You should get him from a dig (converter will help tremendously) From a roll, the advantage goes to the stick. Especially since he doesn't have to worry about launching hard and grenading his rear end.
Old 02-09-2005, 05:08 PM
11 Second Club

I would only race him from a stop. I raced my buddy that's half a second slower than me back when I was running 12.7. He hit it from 1 car back, then I punched it(stock stall) and he just blew right by me. I also raced an M6 that runs 12.2-5 from a 50 roll and got beat by half a car up to 125. Just don't be surprised it you lose from a roll.
Old 02-09-2005, 06:47 PM
10 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Manuals are THE **** from a roll. I was very surprised how well my buddies stock 01 cobra faired against my old car from 60mph. I didn't pull him as hard as I thought I would. Now a dig, that was a different story. I find that my new car with it being an M6 feels alot better than I expected since I went to a 13 sec car from a high 11 N/A or low 11 on N2O. M6s are awesome IMHO. Good luck to ya, if he can drive, your gonna need it.
Old 02-09-2005, 08:24 PM
11 Second Club

I dont know what the problem is. You have lid/exhaust and all he has it an exhaust thats slowing him down. He probably lost 10rwhp lol...

You will take him

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: A4 vs. M6 on highway