Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

Had a close call with a cop ~ and killed a minivan!

Search this Thread

Old 02-19-2005, 08:26 PM
Administrator

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Default Had a close call with a cop ~ and killed a minivan!

I was on the way home from work today doing around 90mph on the freeway. A guy in a minivan (of all things ) kept playing cat and mouse with me. So I dumped it in 4th and gave it 1/2 throttle or so...just enough so I didn't get loose.

I ran it up to 140mph or so since there was 3 lanes of no traffic. Out of nowhere, I see a cop enter the highway from an on-ramp. I was about 200yards back (guessing) in the right lane. He must not have seen me coming.

I laid on the brakes like a ****! I honestly thought I was going to ram into him. I could've swerved into the middle or the left lane, but a high speed fly-bye isn't the best idea with a cop. Anyway, I fell short of hitting him by about 3 car lengths.

He never even looked in his rear view. I don't know how he didn't see or hear me. The cop took the next exit and the guy in the minivan rolled up. We both shared a good laugh. We exchanged peace signs and hit my exit.

Lived to fight another day...
Old 02-19-2005, 08:43 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

wow, now thats lucky
Old 02-19-2005, 08:46 PM
Staging Lane

Sweet Sassy Molassy.....way to close!
Old 02-19-2005, 11:40 PM
On The Tree

1/2 throttle in 4th just enough to keep traction? Holy crap dude how much power did you say you were putting down????

nice kill/close call
Old 02-20-2005, 08:15 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by unit213
I was on the way home from work today doing around 90mph on the freeway. A guy in a minivan (of all things ) kept playing cat and mouse with me. So I dumped it in 4th and gave it 1/2 throttle or so...just enough so I didn't get loose.

I ran it up to 140mph or so since there was 3 lanes of no traffic. Out of nowhere, I see a cop enter the highway from an on-ramp. I was about 200yards back (guessing) in the right lane. He must not have seen me coming.

I laid on the brakes like a ****! I honestly thought I was going to ram into him. I could've swerved into the middle or the left lane, but a high speed fly-bye isn't the best idea with a cop. Anyway, I fell short of hitting him by about 3 car lengths.

He never even looked in his rear view. I don't know how he didn't see or hear me. The cop took the next exit and the guy in the minivan rolled up. We both shared a good laugh. We exchanged peace signs and hit my exit.

Lived to fight another day...
Im sure he seen you, but you just scared the **** out of him that he just thanked his prayers.
Old 02-20-2005, 08:49 PM
TECH Fanatic

Wow! Reminds me of a time when I and another loud TA flew by a cop at around 3k. We started racing and saw him and slammed on the brakes...he didn't even budge though.
Old 02-20-2005, 09:35 PM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by pwr2w8
1/2 throttle in 4th just enough to keep traction? Holy crap dude how much power did you say you were putting down????

nice kill/close call
ive been wanting to know more about units car, besides that he can spin them at just about any speed.
Old 02-20-2005, 09:42 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Reminds me of the time I was on Spring Break down in Daytona, and some of the guys down there wanted a ride out on the highway... we drove out to I-95, and I got on it to the top of 4th... going the other direction, there was a big traffic jam, and then I saw it... there were two cops towards the back of it with their lights on alerting traffic of the jam-up ahead

I was about 100 yards in front of them, at WOT ~ mph 125 or so... they both looked at me as I went by... I took the next off-ramp dashed down some side streets, and then pulled in to a McDonalds. I look across the street at a gas station, and there's a cop sitting there!!!! We ordered our food, and I am FREAKING OUT that there was an APB put out for me. When I pulled out of the lot, I watched closely to see if the cop pursued, but luckily he didn't.

I too, lived to fight another day

whew...
Old 02-21-2005, 05:40 AM
Administrator

Originally Posted by WS-Sick
Wow! Reminds me of a time when I and another loud TA flew by a cop at around 3k. We started racing and saw him and slammed on the brakes...he didn't even budge though.
I'll post vids, time slips, dyno graphs, and a full mod list this spring.
Old 02-21-2005, 11:00 AM
12 Second Club

Nice kill Dan . I didnt fare as well with the POlice last week, got nailed for 76 in a 55. (first ticket) I beat them a few days before on foot though. (kegger got busted )
Old 02-21-2005, 11:15 AM
Administrator

Originally Posted by black_z
Nice kill Dan . I didnt fare as well with the POlice last week, got nailed for 76 in a 55. (first ticket) I beat them a few days before on foot though. (kegger got busted )
Old 02-21-2005, 12:20 PM
TECH Regular

On the way back from the airport Sat night, I had a King County Airport Police officer pull me over in Snohomish county. I looked at the ticket and it stated where he started pacing me, two miles out of his jurisdiction. After he pulled me over, a WSP pulled up, who had been on the side with another car, to check on things. The stater signed the ticket and the airport cop wrote in the Snohomish courthouse info. This oughta be interesting when I fight it.