Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

I had to be a dickhead...

Search this Thread

Old 02-24-2005, 07:02 PM
Administrator

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Default I had to be a ********...

I just had to do it guys...

I was on the way to work the on the day just minding my own business...as usual I casually cruised down the left lane of a 3 lane highwy with very little traffic. I'm on my cell and I look in the rear view and there's a WRX wagon right on my ***. He easily could've passed on the right since there was no traffic.

I bumped it up to 90mph from 80mph in a 70 zone. Apparently that wasn't good enough for him, but he still felt like riding my *** was the best route. So I ended my phone call, dumped it in 4th, waved buh-bye to him and stabbed it.

I threw a quick football field on him then eased over to hit my exit. I tossed him the bird as he rolled by. That's not usually my style. However, in this case, I believe he had it coming.
Old 02-24-2005, 07:07 PM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Eh, seems like it was justified to me. I hate it when people tailgate me like that. I think it's worse at night, 'cause they blind your *** with their lights.
Old 02-24-2005, 07:08 PM
TECH Fanatic

Tailgating is just down right stupid and ricey IMO. If the person was too lazy to pass you, then he deserves the bird.
Old 02-24-2005, 07:09 PM
TECH Apprentice

the guy in the wrx got what he deserved.
Old 02-24-2005, 07:09 PM
Staging Lane

You are right he got what was coming, he was the one being an ***.
Old 02-24-2005, 07:22 PM
TECH Addict

I think the guy in the wagon was actually building up speed to pass. And congrats on the bird it was well diserved.
Old 02-24-2005, 07:37 PM
TECH Veteran

What's wrong with drafting?
Old 02-24-2005, 08:40 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by farnoush
the guy in the wrx got what he deserved.
Fer real yo
Old 02-24-2005, 08:45 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Well, you where just defending yourself............
Old 02-24-2005, 10:40 PM
TECH Apprentice

Man you did better than most. I hate when that **** happens. You should have slowed down even more. I'm sorry that would probalby just promote ROAD RAGE. I'm working on my anger management. Good job dusting his *** and giving him the bird. Hopefully it was a big bird like a Eagle or a Crane.
Old 02-24-2005, 10:54 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

******* WRX drivers...
Old 02-24-2005, 10:56 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

When I have a tailgater, I tap my brakes. If they immediately back up, that's cool, I got their attention. If they still ride my a@@, I slow down. Sometimes waaaaayyyyyy down. After they've been riding my up my buttcrack for a while and there's no traffic, I floor it and don't look back until they're a little spec in the mirror.

That guy definetly deserved the bird.
Old 02-24-2005, 10:59 PM
TECH Fanatic

What's wrong with you people? Left lane is for passing, period. You're not supposed to hang out in the left lane, I can't stand it when people do that.

I think you're completely wrong for two things:
-hanging out in the left lane
-driving and talking on the cell

I drive to and from Orlando (120 miles) about twice a month in my car on the highway and I tailgate left lane dwellers when I have to in order to prove a point. 99% of the time they move over to the right lane. It's the law of the road.
Old 02-24-2005, 11:26 PM
Staging Lane

5point7 has a point, but screw it, he should have just gone around!! I would have just waited for him to try and pass, then give him the bird while taking off!!! LOL.
Old 02-24-2005, 11:54 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by 5POINT7
What's wrong with you people? Left lane is for passing, period. You're not supposed to hang out in the left lane, I can't stand it when people do that.

I drive to and from Orlando (120 miles) about twice a month in my car on the highway and I tailgate left lane dwellers when I have to in order to prove a point. 99% of the time they move over to the right lane. It's the law of the road.
i agree with you to a point, if i'm crusing in the left lane i'll move over for faster traffic, but if the freeway is compleatly empty and some jackass wants to ride my *** instead of using any of the other 4 lanes he deserves whats comming to him.
Old 02-25-2005, 12:59 AM
TECH Enthusiast

This pisses me off to no end. Try cruising in the "fast" lane in the UK. Everyone honks and flashes you non-stop. But in units defense, almost no one here moves to the right. And if the A hole really needed to go 90+ he should have gone around.
Old 02-25-2005, 01:42 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Agree with you 100%.
Old 02-25-2005, 02:32 AM
Teching In

When I'm driving my suburban tailgating really doesnt bother me at all, I just take pleasure in knowing that if I have to slam on the brakes they get a grill full of class 3 hitch and a large steel bumper. That is if there car really has bad enough brakes and they can stop before me which I doubt could happen. What does **** me off is people that can't merge and enjoy seeing me wear my leg out stabbing the brakes.
Old 02-25-2005, 02:36 AM
TECH Enthusiast

For one, he was going 80 in a 70. Then he went up to 90, guy still rode his *** instead of just going around him. If he's not passing slower cars to his right then the lanes are open. So this guy could have easily pushed his strokewagon past Unit on his way to 100+. (Man, I think those things look so with that scoop)

If he is passing slower cars on his right then he's not going to get over and have to slam on the brakes. There is a courteous way to imply that you wish to go faster than me and there is a rude way. If someone is courteous, I return the favor. Riding 18" from my bumper will only fuel the fire.

Unit, you should have gradually went slower and slower until he became enraged and floored it past you on your right. Then when his liftgate was at your passenger door, CRUSHED him. Oh wait, you would have gone up in smoke. I forgot.
Old 02-25-2005, 06:08 AM
Administrator

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

There is no law against either so the State of Michigan sees no problem with it. You're entitled to your opinions. There is however no fact or law to support them.

Doing 10mph over the speed limit isn't "hanging out" in the left lane. Was I "hanging out" when I was going 90mph and that **** stick was 3 feet from my bumper?

I year ago I would've locked 'em up on his *** or pulled over and beat him into a coma if he had the ***** (or stupidity) to stop. I've worked on my hostility issues a little though so I think I handled it appropriately.

...and for the record, I OWN the left lane. No one passes me...ever!