Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

I'm on a roll...

Old 02-26-2005, 12:11 AM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default I'm on a roll...

Well, I finally got one of the runs I wanted. I pulled outta Goody's tonight after buying some new jeans. My fat *** (217lbs) is too big for my size 36. Anyway, I saw a yellow Cobra pulling out ahead of me. I got on the main boulevard and shot past him. He didn't seem interested at first, but I looked in my rearview at a light, and here he comes. I didn't know what year Cobra is was, but it had some kind of exhaust. So the light turns green, and he's behind me. I took off fast to make some room for him beside me.

I slammed on brakes to catch a light, he pulled up next to me. I looked at him, he looked at me, and we started revving at each other. I was ready for him, 'cause I thought he was a '99 or so Cobra, and I crush 99% of those around here. The light turned green, and we took off, or he did anyway, I was sitting back there making a nice smoke show in the street. I'm still sitting on bald street tires by the way. Tires finally hooked, and I caught up as he was slowing down. We got in the clear again. I put it down in second and waited for him to take the hit. I anticipated it and we both went at the same time from about 55 mph. I jumped out to about a half a car lead, at this time, I heard some serious blower whine, so I was like "WTF?!?" Back to the race, I pulled about a car and a half to 95 or so, and we had to let out because of traffic.

We got to another light, and I rolled down the window to talk to the guy. "Is that an '03?" I asked. He said "Yeah, it's stock. What the hell have YOU done to that car?" I told him bolt-ons and gears. He said "Nice car!" I said the same, we gave the thumbs up and he turned off. He was a cool guy, unlike most 'stang drivers around here. I guess he was just used to killing the many stock Z-28's around here.

I'm stoked though. I'm glad to have my first kill against a stock '03 Cobra in my 'lil 'ol LS1.
Old 02-26-2005, 12:15 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Dang, I thought it took more to take them down. Nice Kill.
Old 02-26-2005, 12:19 AM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I did too, but I guess maybe he didn't drive his car that great. Seemed to be a good driver, but not exceptional. But hey, a kill's a kill. I'll take whatever I can get.

I dunno how fast my car is going right now, as far as track times, 'cause the only time I went recently, I couldn't catch traction, and was putting down some awesome 2.5 60" times, but trapping at 109-110 mph, and this was before a tune. My car was running a 11.8 AFR before the tune. She runs REAL good now.

Search this Thread