Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

Lt-1 Vs. Ls-what?

Search this Thread

Old 12-10-2005, 10:12 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by BeaversTA
"But what is you take a M6 LT1 that was built on a Wednesday and driven by Evan Smith and race a 98 A4 ls1 with 2.73's and was built on a Monday? Well then you have a race that the LT1 can win. But guess what lies at the other end of that spectrum?"

So you now state that it could happen. What are you arguing about?
He gave the lt1 best odds in all areas. Now he asked what would happen if the lt1 was at its least advantage, and the ls1 was given the best case scenarios of build quality, driver and the car itself.

Maybe if you didnt make such a big stand at calling people ls1 humpers people would listen to you, or atleast give you a chance to argue. Its worth a shot anyway.
Old 12-11-2005, 01:39 AM
STF veteran / 10 second club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Car RamRod
He gave the lt1 best odds in all areas. Now he asked what would happen if the lt1 was at its least advantage, and the ls1 was given the best case scenarios of build quality, driver and the car itself.

Maybe if you didnt make such a big stand at calling people ls1 humpers people would listen to you, or atleast give you a chance to argue. Its worth a shot anyway.

Seriously, judging by his posts, I am wondering if he even took the time to ACTUALLY READ the posts that have already been made (including the original one), or if he just saw a bunch of pages, and started calling people names ...

Btw beaver, before you start running your mouth about how people should brush up on their reading comprehension, why don't you try learning how to speak properly, instead of just making up random words and slapping them together with some insults .... just a thought.
Old 12-11-2005, 03:00 AM
TECH Addict

Gay LS1 humpers,
Apparently owning a LS1 also in pears your reading comprehension. Know one is arguing that LS1's are not faster except for you guys. It’s a fact 99 percent of the time we all know it. You guys keep skipping the fact that any thing can happen on the street. So yes his story could be true. Is it what happens 98 percent of the time? NO, but it could happen. Why can't yall accept this? It’s not that hard. I have beaten them at the track and on the street. Should I? NO, but **** happens. Deal with it!

darrensls1,
You just when't against every thing you guys have been saying when you said "But what is you take a M6 LT1 that was built on a Wednesday and driven by Evan Smith and race a 98 A4 ls1 with 2.73's and was built on a Monday? Well then you have a race that the LT1 can win. But guess what lies at the other end of that spectrum?"

xphantomws6x,
I'm not arguing. I clearly stated that not all LS1's are a Half a second faster than every LT1. I even gave examples to prove my point. I then stated that any thing can happen on the street. This is when you become a LS1 humper and chose to ignore this fact. That's what keeps me from becoming a humper.

I guess if owning an LS1 "in pears"( ) your reading comprehension.......then owning an LT1 impairs your ability to write.
Old 12-11-2005, 07:39 AM
11 Second Club

Gay LS1 humpers,
Apparently owning a LS1 also in pears your reading comprehension. Know one is arguing that LS1's are not faster except for you guys. It’s a fact 99 percent of the time we all know it. You guys keep skipping the fact that any thing can happen on the street. So yes his story could be true. Is it what happens 98 percent of the time? NO, but it could happen. Why can't yall accept this? It’s not that hard. I have beaten them at the track and on the street. Should I? NO, but **** happens. Deal with it!.
Did you even read the original post here?

Let me recap for you since you seemed to have missed it.

Originally Posted by jaredwayt
this kid in a 2000 t/a was talking some serious crap about how inferrior the lt1 was, well he was about to find out.he was a a4 with a slp lid.bellow and a set of loudmouth.keep in mind my car is stone stock with some bald *** good-years.
So we have a A4 LS1 with lid and catback. I say that's good for 13.3 @ 104 all day long. Then we have a 97 M6 LT1 that's "stone stock" on bald street tires. That should be good for say 13.9 @ 101.

Originally Posted by jaredwayt
so i wanted to race from atleast a 1st gear roll, so he gave me the hit, and not to my amaze i started pulling gradually to about 120.at the end i has a good 2-3 cars on him.
1st gear roll actually helps the LS1 here. This eliminates the only possible driving error that could have occured (smoking the tires on the launch). Any punch from 1-30 will downshift to first gear for the LS1 and he will pull hard from start to finish. Any lead the LT1 gained from him being given "the jump" would have been reeled back in by 100. By 120 there is no way in hell the LS1 isn't winning this race. So the claimed 2-3 car lead for that "stone stock" LT1 is complete and utter

You can yell and scream all you want about "anything can happen on the street" but in this case that does not apply. Why? Because (here is where I get to use those famous sayings M6 guys love to say about us A4's) any monkey can stab and steer an A4 from a low speed roll. No driving skill what-so-ever is needed so as long as his right leg isn't broken his car WILL be driven at full potential.

The LT1 on the other hand has lots of room for error. Miss shifts, granny shifting, losing traction from that low speed punch (he did say bald tires). Lots of room for error here but we are supposed to believe he can power shift with the best of them. Even if he did, he still loses this race since 100-120 is all about the LS1!

darrensls1,
You just when't against every thing you guys have been saying when you said "But what is you take a M6 LT1 that was built on a Wednesday and driven by Evan Smith and race a 98 A4 ls1 with 2.73's and was built on a Monday? Well then you have a race that the LT1 can win. But guess what lies at the other end of that spectrum?"
No I didn't. I gave the best possible scenario which would make a good 1/4 mile race where the LT1 could get a win (but it would still be close). However you failed to see the rest of this problem. The race I quoted above went well beyong a 1/4 mile. They went to 120 which is a huge advantage for the LS1. But I notice you still don't want to talk about how a stock LS1 can be 2 seconds faster then a stock LT1. Why am I not surprised? Or how about the stock LS1's that are a full second faster? Or maybe the LS1's that are a solid half second faster?

But I like the LS1's chances against a stock LT1 since Evan Smith doesn't make a habit of racing our cars for us, most people can drive an A4 to it's full potential (or damn close to it) but most cannot come close to driving M6's to thier full potential.

I'm arguing that this race went well beyond a 1/4 mile. That's a win for the LS1 in this story every day of the week and twice on Sunday. And I'm arguing that you are just as likely to see a LS1 2 seconds faster then a stock LT1 as you are to see a stock LT1 keep up with and edge out a stock LS1. I'm arguing that in 99% of the cases the LS1 is faster. I'm arguing that some LT1 owners have a chip on thier shoulder and lie about races on the internet. I'm arguing that LS1 > LT1 in stock form.

And I'm arguing that you're a LT1 humper who forgot to read the original kill story and admit how unrealistic it sounds

Last edited by darrensls1; 12-11-2005 at 07:46 AM.
Old 12-11-2005, 08:26 AM
12 Second Club

Let this thread rest in peace people.
Old 12-11-2005, 09:09 AM
11 Second Club

I have seen a friends 2.73/a4/lid/catback 98 Z/28 go 14.0@99 over and over with no tire spin and no,its not running on 7 cylinders or junk.My M6 went 13.3@106.5 w/lid so theres a reference.Any thing can happen.
Old 12-11-2005, 09:14 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by glennster
I have seen a friends 2.73/a4/lid/catback 98 Z/28 go 14.0@99 over and over with no tire spin and no,its not running on 7 cylinders or junk.My M6 went 13.3@106.5 w/lid so theres a reference.Any thing can happen.
Whats the elevation?
Old 12-11-2005, 09:45 AM
11 Second Club

damn near sea level and it was a fairly cool evening so the DA wasn't high.
I've seen quite a few auto cars go 13.6-14.0 right at 100.I know the standard is 13.3 and thats were my car was but not ALL LS1s run that number.Also my friends 2003 GT auto runs 14.3 @? same track.
I want a fox hatch.........
Old 12-11-2005, 12:03 PM
Staging Lane

darrensls1,
I read the whole post. I also find it a little hard to believe. Having seen things like this happen on the street leads me to see the probability of it.

I don't know about you but when I go WOT in my A4 under 30mph I spin the **** out of my tires. Is this not what LS1's do? The one I had sure did. Hay maybe he is one of those guys who likes to manually shift his A4. There are variables that we don't know that can change the out come of the race. If you can't except this than your a LS1 humper. Maybe the LS1 had a cat in his lid.

So we agree that 99 percent of the time LS1's are faster. So you are also saying that there is a 1 percent chance that a LT1 could be faster. Again what are you arguing for you just proved my point?

How many people have to come on here and give examples on how not every LS1 is a second or even a half seconds faster for you to comprehend this? Yes LS1's shine at 100+ no one is arguing this, try a new point to arguing.

Oh and I'm not a LT1 humper, I can accept the fact that other cars can be beat me even thou they shouldn't.
Old 12-11-2005, 03:12 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by glennster
This is obviously very atypical. 14.0 @ 99 @ sea level.... Whether you new it or not, I'm sure the car had some issues that were holding it back.
Old 12-11-2005, 05:44 PM
STF veteran / 10 second club

darrensls1,
I read the whole post. I also find it a little hard to believe. Having seen things like this happen on the street leads me to see the probability of it.

I don't know about you but when I go WOT in my A4 under 30mph I spin the **** out of my tires. Is this not what LS1's do? The one I had sure did. Hay maybe he is one of those guys who likes to manually shift his A4. There are variables that we don't know that can change the out come of the race. If you can't except this than your a LS1 humper. Maybe the LS1 had a cat in his lid.

So we agree that 99 percent of the time LS1's are faster. So you are also saying that there is a 1 percent chance that a LT1 could be faster. Again what are you arguing for you just proved my point?

How many people have to come on here and give examples on how not every LS1 is a second or even a half seconds faster for you to comprehend this? Yes LS1's shine at 100+ no one is arguing this, try a new point to arguing.

Oh and I'm not a LT1 humper, I can accept the fact that other cars can be beat me even thou they shouldn't.

"but but but, let's say there's a 1 percent chance blablabla"

Dude, just go away.
Old 12-11-2005, 08:21 PM
11 Second Club

an ls1 lost to a lt-1??? no f-ing way

granted the "story" sounds like complete and utter BS
Old 12-12-2005, 08:38 AM
11 Second Club

darrensls1,
Spoken like a true LT1 humper.

I don't know about you but when I go WOT in my A4 under 30mph I spin the **** out of my tires. Is this not what LS1's do? The one I had sure did.
At 2 mph yes. At 29 mph no. First gear roll leads me to believe they probably went from around 20 mph. Unless this race happened on a gravel road, the A4 LS1 should have dead hooked. There is just not much zing from a 1800 stall with a 1.6 STR. When I was lid and exhaust only there was no problem dead hooking from any roll other then 0-5 mph.

IHay maybe he is one of those guys who likes to manually shift his A4. There are variables that we don't know that can change the out come of the race. If you can't except this than your a LS1 humper. Maybe the LS1 had a cat in his lid.
Maybe Jesus Christ decided he wanted the LT1 to win that day and blessed his motor? It could happen, right? Ok that is a little far fetched. But we can't sit here and make excuses for this guy. Odds are his motor is running fine and odds are he just mashed the gas and held on.

Then again the odds are good that we are talking about a fictional race that never actually took place.

That is incorrect. This was NOT a 1/4 mile race. From 20-120 the properly running lid and catback A4 LS1 wins every time. Every time.

You still don't seem to grasp the reality that the LS1 is a solid half second faster. We can't move on to new points until this one sinks into your head. All variables being equal, the LT1 is a solid and I do mean SOLID half second slower. And that is a kind estimate.

You definately are an LT1 humper. If you were not then you wouldn't be arguing in this thread. If you were not then you would have just said the story "sounded fishy" and left it at that. If you were not then you wouldn't be trying to defend liars just because the result pleases you. And if you were not then you wouldn't be calling LS1 owners "ls1 humpers" just because they call BS on someones BS.

You have a good day now.
Old 12-12-2005, 08:57 AM
Administrator

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Get your comments in before the lock...
Old 12-12-2005, 10:08 AM
!LS1 11 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by unit213
Get your comments in before the lock...
I like beer.
Old 12-12-2005, 11:30 AM
11 Second Club

I like hookers that bring me beer.
Old 12-12-2005, 11:43 AM
TECH Addict

this maybe a dumb question...but another member pointed out that it might have been a V6...

are you sure you didnt race a lamb in wolfs clothing? meaning are you sure it wasnt a V6 made to look like a V8? did you ever actually see under his hood? are you sure the guy had it in drive and not 2nd?

BS story.. and you lied...

you also keep saying your car will put down 275 to the wheels.. umm.. hate to tell you this, 3 months ago a 97 SS M6 came into my friends Dyno shop, had K&N CAI, shorty headers and 3" exhaust... he put down 278 RWHP
Old 12-12-2005, 04:46 PM
TECH Enthusiast

LM7 > LS1 > LT1 OK, you can lock it now, lol.