Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

GT vs stage ll Neon

Search this Thread

Old 03-05-2005, 11:23 AM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default GT vs stage ll Neon

Coming back from dinner a sonic blue like color Noen comes by me at a light throughing a rev. I haven't had the chance to run one and could tell he wasn't stock. I got behind him and when the light turned green he just eased off the line. I gave him a few cars lead in case he was stock I didn't want to run over him if he gunned it. While in second he takes off and I gun it only to slide sideways and then my car boggs towards the top of third? I quickly realized I was wasting my time and gave up. My air/fuel is running 11.8 so perhaps thats why I bogged?

I was wanting to go from a dig but he didn't seem too interested. We ran again from second and this time I put a half a car or so on the jump but he stayed right there. As third was winding out I started to inch away and was hoping the faster I went the more I'd be able to pull. We were racing on a feeder road and I soon noticed a motorcycle exiting on the feeder and wasn't sure what lane he was picking so decided to shut it down to be safe.

He pulled into a parking lot and we bsed. He told me he had a stage ll and was running 12.60-70s. He did have these two small tubes that sprayed water on his intercooler at wot that I thought was pretty cool. The spoiler really ruins those cars, they look so much better without it. I also didn't like the carbon fiber chin spoiler he had on it. Other than that he was a pretty cool guy in his mid 20s or so with a pretty quick car. Had it been from a dig I think I would have the advantage or just spraying his *** next time might do the trick, lol.
Old 03-05-2005, 01:49 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sprayin a 200 shot is gotta be like gettin rear ended by a semi.