Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

Southie finally gets some....

Search this Thread

Old 03-05-2005, 05:13 PM
!LS1 11 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default Southie finally gets some....

After bolting on my new throttle body (went from a FAST 90mm POS to a TPIS 90mm which works great), I took the car out for a test run.

I took the causeway out to South Beach and got stuck in some traffic. I noticed a pack of streetbikes weaving up through traffic and I slow down and open the dual cutouts (it's insanely loud and the lope is killer). We're stuck in a crawl, so there's no chance for any runs, so I just throw them a rev as they pull up all around my car and give them a thumbs up. One dude up front gives a little spurt as traffic pulls ahead, and I punch it through 1st and 2nd, with tires ablaze (not a race- just some fun)
We pull up to the traffic and one of them comes up to my window and asks what I have done, as the car sounds great. I say heads and cam. He gives a thumbs up and they proceed up, weaving through traffic and disappear.

So, I make my way back to the mainland and merge onto the interstate in a spirited fashion and a 1997 Porsche 911 4s is in the left lane (he spots me).
I make my way over to the left lane in front of him and he hurredly moves over to the middle lane and attempts a pass @ 70mph. As he pulls up to my bumper, I throw it in 3rd and instantly jump out ahead.... rowed into 4th and the guy's about a bus length behind quickly (opened up the cutouts right before the run and the look on the faces of the old dude and his wife was awesome). I slowed down, the guy pulls up to me and both he and his wife throw huge thumbs up! I return the gesture.

Ahhh, 3 months is a long time without any action. I can relax now.

Old 03-05-2005, 05:39 PM
9 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Makes all the worth while after your car has been down and you stomp a porshe good kill
Old 03-05-2005, 05:43 PM
!LS1 11 Second Club

Originally Posted by 97383LT4
Makes all the worth while after your car has been down and you stomp a porshe good kill
It's fun, I agree.

I was even happier to see the guy and his wife smile and give me a thumbs up. That's always awesome (especially coming from a Porsche driver).
Old 03-05-2005, 06:47 PM
TECH Regular

nice kill
Old 03-06-2005, 12:24 AM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by SouthFL.02.SS
It's fun, I agree.

I was even happier to see the guy and his wife smile and give me a thumbs up. That's always awesome (especially coming from a Porsche driver).
hey SouthFL me and one other buddy of mine are going to south beach this summer...probably in june....maybe ill get a chance to roll with u (or race u ) BTW nice kill
Old 03-06-2005, 12:34 AM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Good kill. BTW, did you get anything going to the fast setup? I'm thinking of going that route soon.
Old 03-06-2005, 02:41 AM
TECH Fanatic

Damn, from the sounds of it, your car is scary sounding. I just wanna hear the thing!! Wanna get a clip of it for us?? ....Open cutouts rule!
Old 03-06-2005, 03:27 AM
On The Tree

Nice kill!! And totally agree!!!
Old 03-06-2005, 03:42 AM
Staging Lane

It's fun, I agree.

Sounds like there's some cool people over there....good lookin roads by what i see from time to time also.
Old 03-06-2005, 05:46 AM
!LS1 11 Second Club

Thanks all. Yeah, I've gone the 90mm LSX intake route and it's definately worth it. Throttle response is tons better. If anyone is thinking of doing the 90/90, definately get either the TPIS or the new Nick Williams 90mm throttle bodies. The FAST 90mm TB's are still having sticking issues (blades get stuck- not too dangerous on an M6, but a serious problem on A4's).
Living in Miami is kinda like how the movies portray, anyone who's down here visiting, just PM me and we'll roll.
Old 03-06-2005, 09:22 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Living in Miami is kinda like how the movies portray, anyone who's down here visiting, just PM me and we'll roll.
speaking of that, i was just watching scarface and was wondering if they still have freedom town in miami? i think its located under the freeway somewhere.
Old 03-06-2005, 09:43 AM
!LS1 11 Second Club

Originally Posted by 1QWIKZ
speaking of that, i was just watching scarface and was wondering if they still have freedom town in miami? i think its located under the freeway somewhere.
No, hehe. That was a temporary shelter for the Cuban, Mariel Boat Lift immigrants of the early '80s (as portrayed in the movie- I'm not sure how historically accurate that was, as detainees may have been sheltered there or elsewhere).
Miami has changed dramatically since Scarface was filmed here. I remember growing up in the '80s, cocaine money was flaunted like nothing and extravegance (ala Tony Montana) was common. I saw it with my own eyes.
Things have cleaned up for the most part.
Old 03-06-2005, 12:48 PM
12 Second Club

Nice Kill Carlos, my car has been down for ~4 months. Damn snow
Old 03-06-2005, 02:26 PM
!LS1 11 Second Club

Originally Posted by black_z
Nice Kill Carlos, my car has been down for ~4 months. Damn snow
Move to Miami!
Old 03-06-2005, 02:35 PM
Staging Lane

nice kill man the wife was probly like " see u shoulda bought that one and saved us 60k"
Old 03-06-2005, 03:50 PM
!LS1 11 Second Club

Originally Posted by DAn95
nice kill man the wife was probly like " see u shoulda bought that one and saved us 60k"
Bah, I'd switch with that guy for his 993 in a heartbeat. That was the last of the real Porsches IMO.
Old 03-07-2005, 09:42 AM
TECH Apprentice

sounds like u are out there to have fun..hmmm...(taking a deep breath)
are u taking your car out to fuddruckers tonight or what? i wanna hear that damn thing. lol
Old 03-07-2005, 10:56 AM
!LS1 11 Second Club

Originally Posted by whitecamaross
sounds like u are out there to have fun..hmmm...(taking a deep breath)
are u taking your car out to fuddruckers tonight or what? i wanna hear that damn thing. lol
Probably not. Having a thinner rear sway bar retroffited (BMR Extreme welded angles are coming off).
If the car's done, I'll take it out there. Next Monday for sure.
Old 03-07-2005, 11:39 AM
TECH Apprentice

Probably not. Having a thinner rear sway bar retroffited (BMR Extreme welded angles are coming off).
If the car's done, I'll take it out there. Next Monday for sure.
wow.more money, more problems..lol
Old 03-07-2005, 11:52 AM
!LS1 11 Second Club

Not really a "problem," just going from a drag racing specific rear sway bar to a thinner road race friendly sway bar.
I guess if anything is a "problem," it's that the BMR extreme rod end mounts need to be cut off and the stock tabs for the bushing end links need to be re-attached. There's some welding involved, so I can't do it myself.

On another note, got revved at by a ricer and a dodge magnum on my way down to the shop- I opened the cutouts on both occassions to return a rev and both drivers threw huge thumbs ups (even the ricers dig it!). These elec. cutouts are fun.