Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

do people think our cars are slow???

Search this Thread

Old 03-06-2005, 04:39 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

bringin it hardcore...although im prolly part of the reason some of them think were slow ive lost to 3 evos but kicked an srt 4 in the teath...........i wont mention the srt owner kinda well....blew the motor....but hey its a victory!
Old 03-06-2005, 04:41 PM
Coy
TECH Fanatic

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

I'd buy an STI, as ong as I could still have my T/A.

Evo's look like ****.
Old 03-06-2005, 04:46 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Coy

Evo's look like ****.
If I can keep my Camaro and buy an STI or Evo, I'd buy an old Chevelle, Camaro, Cuda, Charger, Mustang, Impala, another LS1, Monte Carlo, GN, El Camino, GTO, Torino, V8 rear drive Station Wagon, or something like that first.
Old 03-06-2005, 04:47 PM
Coy
TECH Fanatic

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by BBQLS1
If I can keep my Camaro and buy an STI or Evo, I'd buy an old Chevelle, Camaro, Cuda, Charger, Mustang, Impala, another LS1, Monte Carlo, GN, El Camino, GTO, Torino, V8 rear drive Station Wagon, or something like that first.
True.
Old 03-06-2005, 05:36 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by BBQLS1

You live in Mississippi where things like snow don't come into the equation.

If I was going to have two performance cars, one would certainly be AWD, and an STi or Evo would fit the bill quite nicely.
Old 03-06-2005, 07:37 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Matt SS
What really amazes me about all this id that some kids in HIGH SCHOOL have no idea what an F-body even is!!!!!!!! I know i couldnt believe it when i heard it. I was on duty at basketball game and talking to a few of the students and one had an EVO 7 ??? I think and he told be how fast it was and how he only spent high twenties for it. So, I said to him why didnt u just buy a slightly used WS6 or SS for under twenty and get a faster, better, and more fun car. He looked at me like I had three heads and and said WHAT ARE THOSE!!!!!!!!! I COULDNT BELIEVE IT, he didnt even know what the LS1 was!!

It was soooo depressing and aggrivating!

im finishing out my senior year right now and ive had my ws6 since late in my junior year, and i have the only ls1 at school now, unfortunately my friend totaled his 98 z28 and about two weeks ago, another kid i know totaled his 94 lt1 vette, people make fun of me for not driving fast everywhere i go, but i like my car in one piece with cheap insurance. sorry, didnt mean to hijack, but the point is, i love my car, and i make sure anyone who is uninformed and curious about it learns to love it too, gotta spread the ls1 fever! haha
Old 03-06-2005, 08:07 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by anthonyz281999
i was crusing around with a buddy of mine last night in my z28 and we head up to cruise this strip where everbody brings there cars anyway i stopped to talk to some kids i knew and then a bunch of other people showed up with a couple bmw's and a evo. and everyone automatically bowed down the the evo like it was some kind of god. and then they told me to watch out for the evo's cause camaro's cant hang with them and this and that. then later on i met up with more kids and they had the same thing to say that camaro's are slow and heavy and all they are is sound. the thing im getting that is how do these kids get these images in there head? is it cause they race the v6 camaros or do our cars just look slow to them. i dont know its beyond me i just felt id share my thoughts on it
Those kids are usaully the ones who flip out over a 14 second pass. One day at the track the kids pitted next to me where flipping out because their trailered "race car" eclipse broke into the 14s. I just laughed and finished packing up my car for the ride home after running 11.0 all day.

I've found that our cars get plenty of respect from real car enthusiast, whether they own an import or not. It's just the nieve little kids that cream their pants over fart cans and big wings that don't give us any credit. Think about it, would you really want those kids running around in F-bodies or hanging out with the domestic crowd.
Old 03-06-2005, 08:18 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Velocity
You live in Mississippi where things like snow don't come into the equation.

If I was going to have two performance cars, one would certainly be AWD, and an STi or Evo would fit the bill quite nicely.
If the car was a light weight Camaro, I'd agree. I'd think a big ol heavy Chevelle would work fine. I remember click and clack talking about that. With a light car, you need AWD or at least FWD in the snow. Heck an old VW beetle would get you around in the snow just fine (I've seen how well they do in the mud), then you would still have money for the Chevelle!

I like the subaru's but I think they are too much money for not enough car. Maybe when they get a little older.
Old 03-06-2005, 08:27 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Coy

Evo's look like ****.

To my experience, subaru guys have a lot firmer grasp on reality than evo owners.
Old 03-06-2005, 08:51 PM
TECH Regular

ya it seems that evo's have it in for us f-bodies no matter what like even my friend who has one is pretty sure he would beat me but he cant race me cause he has a donut wihc he has had for 2 months cause he pays so much for that damn over priced lancer
Old 03-06-2005, 09:52 PM
TECH Junkie

i get plenty of respect here about my car, hell they give me more credit than its worth. apparently i can run a 12 sec pass. they know a real car. subaru owners are better car guys than evos in general. evos are just so "rice" to them and therefore attract the other croud. i would love to have an STi, AWD, 4 real seats and doors. a trunk. but i would never trade my WS6 for it
Old 03-06-2005, 11:06 PM
TECH Apprentice

I had a guy tell me that my cousins (stock) SS would beat the **** out of my modded Z28... (both LS1)... I told him that they were the same car... (I have upgraded even my hood...)

He laughed and said that I know nothing about Camaros... I was so confused and dissapointed (in my new discovery that my Z28 was slow...) that I just stared at him...
Old 03-06-2005, 11:17 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by t1blackout
I had a guy tell me that my cousins (stock) SS would beat the **** out of my modded Z28... (both LS1)... I told him that they were the same car... (I have upgraded even my hood...)

He laughed and said that I know nothing about Camaros... I was so confused and dissapointed (in my new discovery that my Z28 was slow...) that I just stared at him...
I hate stupid people!!!!
Old 03-06-2005, 11:23 PM
TECH Fanatic

I've got a buddy with an EVO..he beats me pretty well everytime, although he has a whole lot of mods that I have helped put in. (cams..full exhaust...FMIC...full intake and clutch assembly and other things here and there). Most of them out there will get spanked by a stock LS1, and get mutilated from a roll. STi's are a little faster but pretty much the same.

I don't really care if idiot ricers think the F-body is slow as I didn't but my car for respect from people. If they think their bolt-on RSX is going to beat me, that's fine as there always will be idiots in the world. The world is not need for speed underground after all.
Old 03-06-2005, 11:31 PM
TECH Enthusiast

most of the ricers around here always wish they can have a black trans am with hood scoops that is everybodys drwam cat around here. and everybody knows what camaros do around here faaaaaaaaaaaaaaaassssssssssssssssssssssssttttttttt tttt!!
Old 03-06-2005, 11:40 PM
TECH Enthusiast

there are some fast imports. I know a guy who should of raped me he has a big turbo built motor(H22a) just no tires. He was spining at 75 mph. However that same night i was behind a race between a integra and stock prelude i shifted at 3 through 4 gears while they raced ***** to the walls. I actually need to get the vid of that.
Old 03-07-2005, 01:15 AM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by Chevy4Life
"It's not even an SS, it's just a Z28"

best response i hear from the ricer crowd when someone wants to run me

Yeah and my TA isn't a real TA because I don't have a Ram Air hood.

People aren't really like that around hear towards my car. I always get the ******* that are like "Oh no you don't wanna race him because he has an LS1" because they like to be smartasses.

Mustangs are recognized and A LOT more popular around my area. On average I see about 5 GT's a day (easily) and maybe I'll get lucky and see a V8 F-body, but it's higly doubtful. Then somedays like the other day I saw 5 LS1 F-bodies on my 15 minute drive to work. I was excited.
Old 03-07-2005, 01:45 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Misinformation, blinded by the media, naive, stupid.

Alot of people "my age" fit the bill when it comes to cars in general

At least here in Houston, most people I know respect our "clunky" domestics.
Old 03-07-2005, 01:45 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Oh and ritz,

I feel ya.
Old 03-07-2005, 06:17 AM
12 Second Club

I have seen a fair amount of Evo's and STI's at Atco and English town, and they will have an awesome 60ft time, but all the LS1/LS6's always catch them by 3rd gear, with the all wheel drive they can get a good jump, but they really run out of steam