Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

do people think our cars are slow???

Search this Thread

Old 03-06-2005, 01:42 AM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default do people think our cars are slow???

i was crusing around with a buddy of mine last night in my z28 and we head up to cruise this strip where everbody brings there cars anyway i stopped to talk to some kids i knew and then a bunch of other people showed up with a couple bmw's and a evo. and everyone automatically bowed down the the evo like it was some kind of god. and then they told me to watch out for the evo's cause camaro's cant hang with them and this and that. then later on i met up with more kids and they had the same thing to say that camaro's are slow and heavy and all they are is sound. the thing im getting that is how do these kids get these images in there head? is it cause they race the v6 camaros or do our cars just look slow to them. i dont know its beyond me i just felt id share my thoughts on it
Old 03-06-2005, 01:49 AM
Teching In

And you didn't race the EVO? Come on man theres not trying to cause trouble and then theres letting some douche bag talk **** about your car.
Old 03-06-2005, 01:50 AM
TECH Fanatic

I agree with you when you mentioned they race v6 Camaros.
Old 03-06-2005, 01:52 AM
Teching In

Hmm, I guess it must have been that scene from 2F2F...
Old 03-06-2005, 02:03 AM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by FattyMcTrickle
And you didn't race the EVO? Come on man theres not trying to cause trouble and then theres letting some douche bag talk **** about your car.
i got the same response from the evo when i asked to race "oh ill smoke you" and he kept getting off the topic of racing me. lol i tried like hell to get him to race but it seems he doesnt waste his time on measly LS1's
Old 03-06-2005, 02:05 AM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by anthonyz281999
i was crusing around with a buddy of mine last night in my z28 and we head up to cruise this strip where everbody brings there cars anyway i stopped to talk to some kids i knew and then a bunch of other people showed up with a couple bmw's and a evo. and everyone automatically bowed down the the evo like it was some kind of god. and then they told me to watch out for the evo's cause camaro's cant hang with them and this and that. then later on i met up with more kids and they had the same thing to say that camaro's are slow and heavy and all they are is sound. the thing im getting that is how do these kids get these images in there head? is it cause they race the v6 camaros or do our cars just look slow to them. i dont know its beyond me i just felt id share my thoughts on it
i woulda let em know right quick in a hurry that our cars arent "slow"... lol thats a good one....
Old 03-06-2005, 02:34 AM
TECH Regular

Its like that everywhere you go...i cant believe some of the ppl here in there civics with fart cans on them. I normally dont waste my time with them but if they want to race we will race and its amazing the look on there faces when i get like 10000 car lengths on them and they think something is wrong lol. Its amazing how they honestly think that are cars are REALLY slow lol. I cant even count how many times i raced ppl and they say "wow i didnt know those cars are that fast thats insane" lol.This was even before i got my turbo i remember i raced a turbocharged VW and spanked him real bad. He looked at me with his mouth wide open and his eyes all big asking me what i had done to it. when i told him all i had was headers and a catback he called BS lol. So we pulled over and i poped the hood and he crapped his pants lol. SAME EXACT THING happend again when i raced a turbocharged RX-7 i believe it was. We pulled over and i poped the hood and his friend looked at him and said "see thats what a engine is supposed to look like...he just kicked your *** all motor" lol. They honestly think they are in a league way above us...and thats what makes victory even better

~Tom
Old 03-06-2005, 03:21 AM
TECH Resident

Kids today make me wanna ! Ill take a 8cyl 5.7 Liter over a 4cyl any day. EVO's look like a pice of ****. I wouldnt **** on one to put out a fire.
Old 03-06-2005, 04:01 AM
TECH Fanatic

In my area, folks {even the ricers} will admit/think that the F-Bodies are fast in a straight line. Otherwise, they are just heavy, clumsy, old-school cars to them. What they don't realize is that F-Bodies have done great in the SCCA T2 series for years. T2 has alot of good cars in it, cars that most would think would run off and leave a clumsy, heavy F-Body. Well, they don't, they get beat by Camaros and Firebirds that cost a great deal less.
Old 03-06-2005, 06:05 AM
!LS1 11 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I'll go to the track, run some 11's and get no attention, while the guy in the Evo running 14's has an entourage of punks and punk chics. That's the way it is.
Old 03-06-2005, 07:17 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Regardless of what everyone says, I'd like to have an evo for just a day or two. I think it would be an awesome car to just beat the **** out of and then return without having to worry about the consequences. On the other hand I can drive my f-body hard every day and she seems to like me more for it.
Old 03-06-2005, 10:43 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by anthonyz281999
Yes, they honestly belive it, but those people can't change their own oil. Maybe I'm to dumb to understand why, but it honestly amazes me how little people know about cars. It completely blows my mind.
Old 03-06-2005, 10:59 AM
On The Tree

Blame a certian movie, The Anthem of the Rice parts one and two.
Old 03-06-2005, 12:05 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Guys guys guys. The EVO and STI are just a phase. F boys are limited and are collectors items. Give it time. Here in Chicago they do respect the WS6, SS and Cobra. Put it this way when most ricers think fast they do put our cars up their with Supras. Now an STI and EVO is a Rally ugly *** car.
Old 03-06-2005, 12:14 PM
10 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

next time an evo(i don't even know what an evo is)says he'll smoke ya,yell him your from the show me state and his mouth isn't showing you shi*.
Old 03-06-2005, 01:46 PM
On The Tree

What really amazes me about all this id that some kids in HIGH SCHOOL have no idea what an F-body even is!!!!!!!! I know i couldnt believe it when i heard it. I was on duty at basketball game and talking to a few of the students and one had an EVO 7 ??? I think and he told be how fast it was and how he only spent high twenties for it. So, I said to him why didnt u just buy a slightly used WS6 or SS for under twenty and get a faster, better, and more fun car. He looked at me like I had three heads and and said WHAT ARE THOSE!!!!!!!!! I COULDNT BELIEVE IT, he didnt even know what the LS1 was!!

It was soooo depressing and aggrivating!
Old 03-06-2005, 02:31 PM
Staging Lane

i say good save the cool cars for people that deseve them. If all those dumb asses bought up all the fbodys they would put huge wings and stickers and those bullets hole stickers and **** on them. I say let them think fbodys are slow then they wont think twice bout runninem for 500$ and after they get Fed up we go home and buy stuff.
Old 03-06-2005, 03:29 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by DAn95
i say good save the cool cars for people that deseve them. If all those dumb asses bought up all the fbodys they would put huge wings and stickers and those bullets hole stickers and **** on them. I say let them think fbodys are slow then they wont think twice bout runninem for 500$ and after they get Fed up we go home and buy stuff.
You should have seen what I saw last night. I should have had a camera. A poor little C4 with a Top Fuel wing on it. This thing stuck up over the roof. I couldn't belive it. That guy needed the hell beat out of him. He problably stuck it on with wood screws.
Old 03-06-2005, 04:23 PM
Staging Lane

Hey you need to start hanging out with diffrent people. I know those people you are talking about, "My Evo this, my evo that" out here in Aurora Colorado we have all kinds of DSM, and Evo kids who think they are the pick of the litter. There is a kid with a Evo alittle over 400 hp who thought he was the fastest car in Colorado until some 10 second Civic showed him whats up.

Whenever I get the chance I show stock Evo's whats up, because I am stock too and they soon learn once I'm infront they might as well wave to me while I pass for its the last time they will see me.

I am not dissing on the Evo, its a really cool car [Minus aerodynamics and a few other things]. But the people who drive these cars with exceptions of course, driver me nuts. They obviously do not know what is out there.
Old 03-06-2005, 04:26 PM
On The Tree

"It's not even an SS, it's just a Z28"

best response i hear from the ricer crowd when someone wants to run me