Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

Not a good night for racing :(

Search this Thread

Old 03-08-2005, 01:44 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Not a good night for racing :(

On saturday i was away with some friends for my b day party and when i was on my way back home i saw a horrible accident and couldnt really tell what happened. Well i get a phone call about an hour later and it was my friend John. He told me the horrible news that it was two of my friends, Brad Boss and Jake Liscombe. He then told me that both were killed in the accident. Boss was thrown from the vehicle when it rolled and was crushed by it on the next roll. Jake died upon impact. Neither were wearing seatbelts. They were going at least 130 when they smashed into the gaurdrail head on flipping the car to the other side where it continued to roll i think like 6 times. This happened in Boss's car ( 1998 Honda Prelude). Here are links to the story. Also his birthday is today. Please pray for thier families.

http://www.ksdk.com/news/news_articl...?storyid=76166

http://www.ksdk.com/news/news_articl...?storyid=76270

Last edited by sweetZ28; 03-08-2005 at 01:49 PM.
Old 03-08-2005, 01:51 PM
RIP April 14, 2008

Location: the land where cars repeatedly hit my bumper when I'm in the store...

oh my goodness, I am very sorry... that's awful. Their families will be in my thoughts and prayers. Hang in there. We need to all eventually realize the risks we take when racing on and off the track, and this kind of reminder is the worst of all. Again, all of my true condolences, Saturday was my Birthday as well.

Bradford
Old 03-08-2005, 03:02 PM
9 Second Club

I feel your pain.Sorry for the lose.I had some friends in high school do something similar, 3 dead & 1 surviver. You would think we would learn are lesson from that but as the years go by and the more you get away with doing stupid stuff,you'll find yourself doing the same shi- they did but being alittle luckier than them.Then when a story like this comes out its like another wakeup call for what could happen to you at any given moment.Cheer up man hopefully things will get better.
Old 03-08-2005, 03:45 PM
TECH Regular

I had something like that happen to me in HS about 30 yrs ago. Six kids, 3 boys and 3 girls in a car that hit a bridge guardrail at over 100. The car disentegrated and turned into a fireball. Burning bodies and body parts landed in the trees and burned about 10 of them down. No survivors. It was a rough month after that and they were just acquaintences (sp), not close friends.
Old 03-08-2005, 06:33 PM
Teching In

Thanks for the support guyz. Its been hard but we are getting through it. Just pray for the kids, their famalies and friends. And that is a very said story charlie.