Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

Lightning vs LS1

Old 03-10-2005, 09:54 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Lightning vs LS1

I'm new to the forum. I have a 01 Lightning with a few mods and also a 94 Z28 with alot of mods. I read a post of a Z28 LS1 racing a Lightning from about 25-30 roll and he said the Lightning had the jump and he pretty much killed it by 80 mph until he was so far back that he could barely see him. I'm not doubting his story that he beat a Lightning. My problem is if he did beat it by 80 with four people in his car and two in the Lightning either that is one of the fastest LS1 I have ever read about or that is the slowest lightning I have ever read about. Even if it was stock down to the paper filter it doesn't take long for a Lightning to reach 80 from about a 25 or less roll. I like most sport cars and trucks no matter who makes them GM, Ford etc. But to say why are Lightning guys stupid enough to keep jumping on f-bodys LS1 is stupid to me because I'll race John Force if he pulls up beside me and that, my friends might be stupid. I do love LS1's because one of my brothers has an 01 WS6 and another with an 04 SRT-4 and both are very fast and I have respect for all cars. The reason why I respect all cars now is because my brother with the SRT-4 beat me up pretty bad in my Lightning a 12.67 to my 12.92...the WS6 runs high 11's with a little juice. Sorry so long for my first post.
Old 03-10-2005, 09:58 PM
RIP April 14, 2008

Location: the land where cars repeatedly hit my bumper when I'm in the store...

Originally Posted by Lightning 1
I'm new to the forum. I have a 01 Lightning with a few mods and also a 94 Z28 with alot of mods. I read a post of a Z28 LS1 racing a Lightning from about 25-30 roll and he said the Lightning had the jump and he pretty much killed it by 80 mph until he was so far back that he could barely see him. I'm not doubting his story that he beat a Lightning. My problem is if he did beat it by 80 with four people in his car and two in the Lightning either that is one of the fastest LS1 I have ever read about or that is the slowest lightning I have ever read about. Even if it was stock down to the paper filter it doesn't take long for a Lightning to reach 80 from about a 25 or less roll. I like most sport cars and trucks no matter who makes them GM, Ford etc. But to say why are Lightning guys stupid enough to keep jumping on f-bodys LS1 is stupid to me because I'll race John Force if he pulls up beside me and that, my friends might be stupid. I do love LS1's because one of my brothers has an 01 WS6 and another with an 04 SRT-4 and both are very fast and I have respect for all cars. The reason why I respect all cars now is because my brother with the SRT-4 beat me up pretty bad in my Lightning a 12.67 to my 12.92...the WS6 runs high 11's with a little juice. Sorry so long for my first post.

hello, and welcome to the forum Was the LS1 or the lightning in the thread modded?
Old 03-10-2005, 09:59 PM
Teching In

Yea I don't get why people chastise others for wanting to race, like its some incredibly stupid thing because there was no chance that he could ever beat them.
Old 03-11-2005, 07:18 AM
TECH Enthusiast

I dont have a problem when someone wants to race just to see whats going on. Hell I'm guilty of starting races with 03 Cobras every chance I see them, just cant get enough of that blower whine. What bugs me though are the occasional guys, who exsist on both sides of the fence, that cant believe one car is simply faster than the other from the factory. One example is a guy I work with, he cant believe that my friends ls1 is stock because he left his lighting like a bad habit from a 60 roll. Some people are just thick...
Old 03-11-2005, 11:33 AM
TECH Regular

Yeah, ya see it from all types of automotive fans. I used to get it from the Evo/DSM folks until I showed them first hand and up close and personal that my RWD Cobra could out launch or launch as well as they could. Not all of them mind you. The DSM's are tough to out launch for sure. Once ya show them they usually quit flappin' their gums.

Search this Thread