Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

LS1 vs clueless LT-1

Old 03-18-2005, 11:07 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default LS1 vs clueless LT-1

Where I live theres only a handfull of LT-1s and LS-1s and most of them are middle aged guys with stock cars. Well theres a couple teen/eairly20s guys who have modded F-bodies. Theres this red LT-1 camaro Z28 with 17inch Boyde Coddington Smoothie2 rims and exhaust and some other things done. Ive always seen this car for far away driving on the other side of the road or in a parking lot around town. I was lucky this time cause he was sitting at a light and I pulled up next to him and looked over and revved it up. He did the same and I got my RPM to 4K and as soon as the light turned green we both punched it, I spun for a sec and got traction and started to spin again due to crappy uneven roads. His bumper was to my rear fender and I stared to pull lenghts on him real fast. I stopped at 116mph with 6 cars on him, and had to stop cause traffic, but his lane was clear so he ended up driving next to me and gave me a dirty look. I thought that was funny cause a friend of mine knows him and he thinks his LT-1s soo damn fast. He was telling my friend that he beat me, So i told my friend to tell him we can set up a race for money and people can watch next time.
Old 03-19-2005, 12:34 AM
Staging Lane

Good Kill , against an alleged chump!

I say alleged cuz, I been wrong about alleged chumps in the past ... most recently Robert Blake....
Old 03-19-2005, 02:01 AM
Staging Lane

good kill. Just a a ? isnt a car lenth sposed to be like a .1 sec in the 1/4 ? so if you beat him by 6 cars thats .6 secs right? which is about right if his car had the same mods as yours. hahaha just asking if im at all correct no direspect to your bad *** ride man i wish i had ure car(my dream)
Old 03-19-2005, 07:46 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by DAn95
good kill. Just a a ? isnt a car lenth sposed to be like a .1 sec in the 1/4 ? so if you beat him by 6 cars thats .6 secs right? which is about right if his car had the same mods as yours. hahaha just asking if im at all correct no direspect to your bad *** ride man i wish i had ure car(my dream)

That's bench racing. It depends on how hard a car is accelerating. Since this is dynamic, there is no way to tell how many tenths you have on another car by the "car lengths" ahead you have. Besides, can anyone tell me exactly how long a car length is in feet?
Old 03-19-2005, 01:03 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by BBQLS1
That's bench racing. It depends on how hard a car is accelerating. Since this is dynamic, there is no way to tell how many tenths you have on another car by the "car lengths" ahead you have. Besides, can anyone tell me exactly how long a car length is in feet?
lol that depends on what ur racing

Search this Thread