Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

ate a 360 modena tonight...

Search this Thread

Old 03-20-2005, 09:11 PM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default ate a 360 modena tonight...

ok, so i cheated, i was on my bike! (2005 ZX6R) he was pretty cool. he was about 35-40 and his dad in the passenger, he took off 1st and i just rolled it on after i gave him a car length. beautiful car though, i gave him a thumbs up for tryin!
Old 03-20-2005, 09:18 PM
TECH Enthusiast

good kill! That's not fair :p (bike to car)
Old 03-20-2005, 09:36 PM
TECH Resident

damn thats gonna be a downer to anyone else who sees this thread
Old 03-20-2005, 09:39 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by 5.8litrels1eater
good kill! That's not fair :p (bike to car)
BTW i noticed near ur s/n it reads "2nd Fastest LS1 Tech Cobra".....nice!! i take it unit musta done that b/c i know hes the first
Old 03-20-2005, 10:22 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by SStheBest
BTW i noticed near ur s/n it reads "2nd Fastest LS1 Tech Cobra".....nice!! i take it unit musta done that b/c i know hes the first
Or so he says I'm going for new track times with the new combo end of march, and looking for 9's
Old 03-20-2005, 10:35 PM
Launching!

Bike to car not fair??? I'l make the most money off of bike to car races. bike Vs my car.

360's are definatly a sex machine. I raced one in my Rx7 when it was rotary powered. Pulled on him a little bit, guy sucked at driving, shifted sooo slow. Its a delecacy (sp?) to get a race with those cars. VERY far and few in between and always fun to have a go at em. Wether its a bike or car!
Old 03-20-2005, 10:40 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by v8-7
Bike to car not fair??? I'l make the most money off of bike to car races. bike Vs my car.

360's are definatly a sex machine. I raced one in my Rx7 when it was rotary powered. Pulled on him a little bit, guy sucked at driving, shifted sooo slow. Its a delecacy (sp?) to get a race with those cars. VERY far and few in between and always fun to have a go at em. Wether its a bike or car!
So 10's at 130+ just to stick with the 600's??? Sounds like a sweet project
Old 03-20-2005, 11:29 PM
Launching!

stock 1000's are fine too. Most these tools cant friggin ride. Of course i dont pick on the real riders that might actually know how launch a bike. pro rider on a modded r6 is fine. mid 10s at best. stock 05 r6 w/ a pro rider i guess netted 10.90's. Plenty of 600's to pick on tho. I ride moto and BMX. i can spot a real rider from a cocky bitch with money on a new bike out of any crowd like no other.

90% of rocket owners have that ora of "no car can beat my bike" about them. I see modded r6's run 11's all day at the track, some busa's running mid 10s. Then the hardcores running in the 8's. lol. Those guys are easy to stay away from. bright blue bottle hanging off the swingarm kinda gives it away. haha. I recently had some guy on a bone stock except for a slip on muffler 93 yami 600 claim he'd smoke whatever car i had for $1000. Oh man, i was flipping out. This bloke was sooo cocky, and im just thinking to myself. "act cool this guy is moron, be cool, and maybe i can set this money race up" suposedly going to meet up with him when warmer weather finally hits. I cant wait for that confrontation.

Then this one kid i know, recently bought a 05 Fzr 600 or whatever its called. the ***** version of the real R6, lol. Claims he'll smoke my car and is soo confident about it, it just makes me crazy. He said it tops out at 155, LMAO. Thinkin in my head " **** i almost trap that danm speed in the 1/4. I have this itch about proving points/winning money races. I think its the money and the shitface look of their faces after i beat em. I can on forever, summer isnt comming soon enough. Now im all pumped,,, im going in the garage right now and working on the car.
Old 03-21-2005, 12:24 AM
Staging Lane

my buddy last summer ran into a yellow 93 rx7tt. Raced him from like 60-120 and only had a bike on the dude. The guy said he was running 10's. My friend has a gxr600
Old 03-21-2005, 01:59 AM
Launching!

I have an 93 RX7n/A

from a roll the bike has an advantage. Trying to launch a bike on the street isnt easy, or the track for that matter. Either you bog, spin, or wheelie... Assuming your the average Joe that is. Otherwise youll know how to work the clutch and holeshot the bitch. A car on slicks with VHT on the ground with good traction will outlaunch the bike severely (spelt that wrong) Provided of course your car cuts 1.3-1.5 60's and runs in the low 10's or less. 13 sec cars need not apply, lol. Also, you can always play stupid... "well im going to need some spots here,,, being you have a bike and i have a car and all."
Old 03-21-2005, 02:42 AM
TECH Addict

hahahaha...yea ^^^ very true! yea, i knew it wasnt a big feat takin him...but i had to! cus like stated above, that chance doesnt come often, and when it does, you gotta take it! but yea, i for sure cant launch my bike, i aint gonna lie, i just started riding! hahaha...i wanna see some vids of you smokin a bike...not that i doubt you, i just think itd be funny to see the riders reactions!